Gone but not forgotten..

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

I don't know if this counts, but all recent reports are saying Willie Wortels quality has been a bit lame. So, i would like to see the old NTB on the Willie Wortels, that was a very good smoke at the time.

Defeating evil with a thing called love
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

i remember loving the willy nelson at barneys my first trip. no longer avail/the same though. got some terrific power plant on my 2007 trip. havent found it again though and forgot where i got it.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
Colino

Post by Colino »

titus wong wrote:Jes' some more gone but not forgotten strains (hashes)...

The various moonshine hashes from DK in all their various denominations.
Scheherazade from DK
Aminsia (sic)
Buddha's Sister
If you like sherazade at bushdoctor they have it, very good and sweet taste,soft,sticky,I think it's my favourite kind of hash,maybe not the best smoked ever,but that is the the type of hash I like
Boner

Post by Boner »

Colino wrote:

Scheherazade from DK
Aminsia (sic)
Buddha's Sister
If you like sherazade at bushdoctor they have it, very good and sweet taste,soft,sticky,I think it's my favourite kind of hash,maybe not the best smoked ever,but that is the the type of hash I like
Coffeeshop Johnny is another option, the piece I had from there was so soft and really floral flavoured, top piece of hash.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
Colino

Post by Colino »

Boner wrote:
Colino wrote:

Scheherazade from DK
Aminsia (sic)
Buddha's Sister
Coffeeshop Johnny is another option, the piece I had from there was so soft and really floral flavoured, top piece of hash.
In november on johnny's menu there was no more sherazade,I bought maroc cream,total rubbish
Valo

Post by Valo »

Stanky Danky wrote:Double Bubble Gum from Grey Area comes to mind.
One of my faves too...and good memories of my first couple of trips to Amsterdam.

I also got a strain here called Sharks Breath which was one of the best smokes i have had. I guess it is not a 'classic' strain but i only saw it on one trip and dont hear of it mentioned too often.
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

Dampkring gave me the best NYE when they bought back the NYC Diesel which had been on their menu from 05-07, thanks again if anyone from Dampkring is reading here :)

well, there definitely are a few I`d like to see back, e.g. Nevilles Haze from Mellow Yellow and many other things.....but I like the way the menus are changing, everytime you go there is something new at your favourite shop you can try. isnt this a big part why shops are so nice? in my opinion yes!

What I would love to see back and pay almost every price for, is the Lavender from Dampkring, so fucking tasty, I will never forget the taste of this :(
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Orange Haze @ MY, some had it and did not like but the batch i tried was top notch. 8)
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

Kermit wrote:Orange Haze @ MY, some had it and did not like but the batch i tried was top notch. 8)
hell yea, when smoked in a vape it would be like eating oranges :D
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

Colino wrote:
Boner wrote:
Colino wrote: If you like sherazade at bushdoctor they have it, very good and sweet taste,soft,sticky,I think it's my favourite kind of hash,maybe not the best smoked ever,but that is the the type of hash I like
In november on johnny's menu there was no more sherazade,I bought maroc cream,total rubbish
Thx for the tips, gents. Really loved this dreamy hash. Smoked this canalside and just chillllllllllled.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Cal X

Post by Cal X »

cantona7 wrote:i remember loving the willy nelson at barneys my first trip. no longer avail/the same though. got some terrific power plant on my 2007 trip. havent found it again though and forgot where i got it.
Popeye had "Willie" a few years back, don't know about now though. Betty Boop sells Power Plant, or at least they used to.
Also I meant to say "Sage and Sour as the Strain that I miss from Nes Cafe, not Sour D. :oops: The Sour D from G.A a few years back was lovely though.
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

cantona7 wrote:i remember loving the willy nelson at barneys my first trip. no longer avail/the same though. got some terrific power plant on my 2007 trip. havent found it again though and forgot where i got it.
I got some Power Plant last July from Extreme , knockout stuff and only 8E
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Trichome_Dense

Post by Trichome_Dense »

Can't get these anymore, the Jamaican Lambs Bread and the Jamaican Red Beard weeds. I used to get these regular in the early 90's but then skunk hit the scene and those links died out... pet regret of mine, :(

Bith were sativa, as the high was amazing and not stony at all. Damn I miss these landrace IBL's... Sucky :(
... as long as it aint a cheque ;)
extremepain

Post by extremepain »

how about march 2011?
How am I not myself?
extremepain

Post by extremepain »

Trichome_Dense wrote:Can't get these anymore, the Jamaican Lambs Bread and the Jamaican Red Beard weeds. I used to get these regular in the early 90's but then skunk hit the scene and those links died out... pet regret of mine, :(

Bith were sativa, as the high was amazing and not stony at all. Damn I miss these landrace IBL's... Sucky :(
Ive talked to a guy that claims he has lambsbread stock, but Lambsbread is all but mythical at this point. I think a lot of strains with some similar characteristics are bred and sold to those whom never experienced the Good Shepherd.

Its like kush is becoming here. I could have raked my fall leaves, bagged em and called it maple Kush, and at least 4 idiots would buy it... name and marketing do a small amount of damage overall. People buy by name in the states, and unless you're in an mmj state or have a very trusted budsman, you could get anything called anything. The good side is, most weed these days is so very well manicured and raised well, that even if it isnt purple urkel, it will still fuck you up.

Be particularly careful when something rare as shit shows up. If someone says they have Panama Red.... Buyer Beware (it was just the first old strain I recalled first)
How am I not myself?