Bulldog Palace

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Bulldog

I liked the Bulldog
41%
I disliked the Bulldog
59%

Total votes: 107

Adarling

Post by Adarling »

WOW alot of people hate this place, i suppose i can see why, as the coffee shop isnt great or friendly, but being able to watch live football, smoke a joint of my own weed and drink a beer at the same time, is good by me, visit the bar if you into to beer / weed / football

Ste_1

Post by Ste_1 »

I went in Sept 09 and thought it was brill. And im a miserable twat thats usually the first to complain.

However I asked for a 12 of Purple Haze - Got given a pack of 4 pre rolled pure joints. Wtf don't EVER do that to me again.

But other than that it was fine, great music, good atmosphere and close to my hotel.
Richard and jo

confused

Post by Richard and jo »

ok i saw about 5 bulldogs...a headhigh one a bar one a coffeeshop one...can you smoke or buy in all of them or just 1 or is the head one just for the mushroom lovers of the world? F**K me i was confused.
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

The leidseplein 1 is the best like! as you can smoke with your beer there,The other one on "singel" is ok also! its good for a seat & a surf but smoke your own when there 8).

www.thebulldog.com
Cudi_420

Post by Cudi_420 »

This was one of the few coffeeshops our crappy Contiki tour manager recommended for us in my short stay in Amsterdam in 07.

Terrible weed. Over-priced, and tourists everywhere. Not to mention the fact that we couldn't drink and have a good time in the bar without being hassled by pimps trying to sell of their Asian prostitutes. I'm surprised the place even let them in there, as they stood out.
minus orange

Post by minus orange »

I spent quite a bit of time in the Bulldog hotel bar on my last trip.
Didn't go into the coffeeshop next door so can't comment on that.
The hotel bar is great though, reasonably priced drinks and you can smoke in there.
stecleary84

Post by stecleary84 »

Last Jan we rented an apartment above the Bulldog Palace and spent a far bit of time in the coffeeshop but i can tell you now when i go back over at the end of the month and staying in the same apartment i will NOT b going near the place.

the best thing about it was the Thai Grass and evenb that was over priced.
DuhhaN

Post by DuhhaN »

there coffeeshop is shit but i do love the bar ..... so just bring your own and just chill. they got board games which are usually half empty from pieces and for the booze lover the bar is usually always open so its all good
<---Living is easy with eyes Closed--->
ohm sweet ohm

Post by ohm sweet ohm »

I go here most days. I like the mix of nationalities you get in there. I normally find someone interesting to talk to, and the people watching is great out the big front windows. I don't buy smoke there, so can't comment, but I do like to chill there :)
Iko

Post by Iko »

When we walked past BD a few times last august it seemed like quite the PARTY.
It was like FT. Lauderdale on spring break or something.
We never saw any other bar or coffeeshop with that debauchery going on.
I think its cool there is a place like this for those who want to party hard.
Once In A while You Get Shown The Light
ohm sweet ohm

Post by ohm sweet ohm »

Think your probably talking about the Bulldog Energy Coffeeshop? It plays banging hardcore most of the time.. Quite different to the original a bit further up the same road..
Ω♥Ω ¸·´¯`·.´¯`·¸¸·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

http://www.cannabisarmy.com
Iko

Post by Iko »

Not really sure, it was on the canal backing on to the RLD.
Once In A while You Get Shown The Light
damtoker

Post by damtoker »

ohm sweet ohm wrote:Think your probably talking about the Bulldog Energy Coffeeshop? It plays banging hardcore most of the time.. Quite different to the original a bit further up the same road..
I like the decor of this place from pics I've seen.....might actually give it a go in August! :shock:
DuhhaN

Post by DuhhaN »

yewah im stayin there probably this summer for next trip love their decor in the hotel and also in the cs altough i dnt suggest buying weed from there cos it usually is quite the commercial stuf.
<---Living is easy with eyes Closed--->
mattstar

Post by mattstar »

stopped in buldog a few times just for a smoke and drink while friends we walking round chilled place smoked own weed nice place