why is the pre rolled much cheaper

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
egbazman

why is the pre rolled much cheaper

Post by egbazman »

why is the pre-rolled joints much cheaper than buying a gram of weed? I usually put one gram of weed in my joints.....so why the pre rolled is much cheaper

westerkerk

Post by westerkerk »

Usually only around .4g in a pre-rolled if that.

Where the establishment is not the best, and the prices for pre rolled are low, and have generic names (grass joint, wiet joint, thai joint etc) you can guarantee you are getting .4g of sticks and stalks!

I've bought pre rolled a few times before rushing off to the airport. Always from decent places that I trust. Never as strong as my own J's though.
bigs

Re: why is the pre rolled much cheaper

Post by bigs »

egbazman wrote:why is the pre-rolled joints much cheaper than buying a gram of weed? I usually put one gram of weed in my joints.....so why the pre rolled is much cheaper
U would be lucky to get .2 in a prerolled mixed joint...
geekymonkey

Post by geekymonkey »

because they are shake and shwag and leftovers.

roll your own, or smoke out of a piece. Better value, better weed.
Because life is too short to smoke bad bud.
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

if u cant roll, go to basjoes, james will happily roll a 5* cone for ya 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chigusa

Post by chigusa »

the best thing about pre rolled joints is the little tube that they come in, and you can buy those empty for next to nothing.

oh yeah, they are cheap because they are shit.
westerkerk

Post by westerkerk »

I'm not sure if it's barneys or greenhouse that promises .4g in every mix joint.

Whether this is true or not, I wouldn't know. All I know is that if I put .4g in my own joint, then smoked a pre-rolled, there would be a whole world of difference.

If ou cant roll, get a mat, rollmate or those pre-rolled cones you can buy.
Dave near London

Post by Dave near London »

From my limited experience - they get you pretty well baked , so I have no issues with the easy cop out of buying a preroll (as I cant roll for toffee - 25 mins to do one last time , and it wasnt a pretty sight)

A prerolled is plenty for a good stone - maybe I am a middle aged lightweight !!!
Iko

Post by Iko »

IMO, your better off buying a gram and asking nicely if someone could roll it for you, id be more than happy to lend a hand anytime, as most ppl would.
Once In A while You Get Shown The Light
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Dave near London wrote:From my limited experience - they get you pretty well baked , so I have no issues with the easy cop out of buying a preroll (as I cant roll for toffee - 25 mins to do one last time , and it wasnt a pretty sight)

A prerolled is plenty for a good stone - maybe I am a middle aged lightweight !!!
I can see your point Dave, I have bought pure prerolled in the past albeit from 'better' coffeeshops and had no problems getting nicely stoned :D but it's much nicer to create your own perfection, if somewhat time consuming depending on the luck I appear to have on a particular day, much like parking the car and map reading :) okay so I've gone off topic now...
vandaag is het begin van de rest van je leven
Paco

Post by Paco »

Buy a half gram of your choice (If possible) and a cone.
The rest should be no problem... 8)
Ash333

Post by Ash333 »

I was given a preroll in an Eindhoven shop once after buying a few grams of buds and hash. I cracked the top few cm's off and emptied it out to see how it looked inside. it was 90% tobacco at least. made a nice hash joint though.
No Victim? No Crime.
titus wong

Re: why is the pre rolled much cheaper

Post by titus wong »

egbazman wrote:why is the pre-rolled joints much cheaper than buying a gram of weed? I usually put one gram of weed in my joints.....so why the pre rolled is much cheaper
Just to be clear on this...you know that coffeeshops typically sell pre-rolled joints WITH tobacco? Unless the joint is specified as being PURE, you should assume that it is mixed with tobacco.

A pre-rolled joint mixed with tobacco prolly contains 0.2g to 0.25g of cannabis say. A PURE joint will contain 0.4g of cannabis if not more, hence the differential in price.

Hope this helps.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Post by HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe »

The only pre rolls I have really enjoyed, was the crystal lady doobies from Hunters Bar but hey were pure no tobacco at all as I hate the shit, I really dont enjoy tobacco mix joints at all.
Dave near London

Post by Dave near London »

When you get one for 2.50 Euros , smoke it - and then go for a pizza (every slice cutting seems like a surgical operation in pre planning) - one cant complain in my book.

Or walking back to the hotel in Gronigen - a mere 200 yards - and the pavement feels like rubber underfoot , seems to be a "tick in the box" for stonedness. Wrecked I was.

Looking forward to taking my 16 year old son over when he is 18 - then we can roll and smoke properly.Good parenting prevents that for the moment !!!! (he tells me and his mates are good at this skill!)

Good times to come - wish we had the coffee shop culture in GB -so civilised and free. :D