Main Site Update

Suggestions, complaints and news about coffeeshopdirect.com
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

Ditto..

Site still works fine for me though and wouldn't plan a Holland jolly without it.

B./

Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Just updated the main site. Lots of new comments as usual. Also small improvement for Firefox users. See What's New for details.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Streetview phase 1 is out there.

There are Streetview windows on every Amsterdam shop except those on pedestrian streets such as Warmoesstraat and Czaar Peterstraat. Even the sites of closed shops are included. I've done lots of work on the stylesheet to make the page files smaller and fixed a couple of bugs. It seems to work properly with Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome and looks reasonably similar on all of them. Please let me know if you spot any problems.

I'll roll out the rest of the country eventually.
schererbuzz

Post by schererbuzz »

Nice.
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Lemming wrote:Streetview phase 1 is out there.

There are Streetview windows on every Amsterdam shop except those on pedestrian streets such as Warmoesstraat and Czaar Peterstraat. Even the sites of closed shops are included. I've done lots of work on the stylesheet to make the page files smaller and fixed a couple of bugs. It seems to work properly with Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome and looks reasonably similar on all of them. Please let me know if you spot any problems.

I'll roll out the rest of the country eventually.
Keep this up and I'll have to donate more than once a year. Speaking of which, time to make one now. Check your account. :lol:
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Thanks very much but it won't pass through my account, it goes directly to "slimline" Peter. In fact, I make occasional donations myself. Only the other day I sent £50 from my PayPal account (and £250 to the Pakistan floods appeal). I very much appreciate all contributions made to him, though, and I know he appreciates them. I believe he's been making some costly server upgrades recently so it all helps.

Anyone an expert on Google, particularly Google Maps? Some shops seem to have ACD listed but many don't, despite being listed on the Google search engine. For instance, if you click on the symbol for Rastababy on Google maps, a list of sites appear but no sign of the relevant ACD page. If, on the other hand, you type Rastababy into the Google search engine, the ACD page is top of the list. Anyone know how this works?
gapie

Post by gapie »

if u wanna post somthing on the forum u must wait a bit or click another time but then he makes a copy of the message thus u will get 2 same messages whats wrong with the forum
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I've tidied up the loose ends now. The correspondent's comments are up to date and a couple of other bits and pieces are sorted.

Although the new style uses more graphics, it actually makes the pages smaller, clearing more space for comments. Somebody mentioned the header being messed up but later said it was OK so I guess they were looking as I was in the process of uploading everything. Other than that, nobody has mentioned any problems so far. That either means it's working perfectly or that nobody reads these posts. :shock:

I'd be particularly interested in what it looks like on non-PC devices like Apples and phones if you have such things. I'm still looking for info on Google Maps too. Nobody has replied to that question. That too might be because nobody knows or because nobody reads this.

I'm now gradually driving around the rest of the Netherlands on Streetview noting coordinates. There are a few shops I haven't been able to find but they're mostly growshops on anonymous industrial estates. If you find any shop that I've obviously missed, please send me the easting, northing and camera angle (or just the full text from the link generator).

Thanks
Lem
startled-giraffe

Post by startled-giraffe »

Had a quick browse of the directory, map and some coffeeshop pages on my iPod touch. Posting from it now. No problems :)
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Thanks. Any chance of a screenshot?
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I love Streetview! I've just uploaded another batch including most of North and South Holland and Utrecht. This covers many major cities such as Haarlem, The Hague and Rotterdam.

Some shops are easier to find than others. Some I couldn't find at all. Google's camera hasn't been everywhere yet and there are some places they may never go because cars aren't allowed.

Once I've searched the whole country and found the exact location of every shop I'd like to use the info to create the ultimate coffeeshop map of the Netherlands.

Anyway, I hope you like it.
islandgurl

Post by islandgurl »

Sounds like quite a project and an awesome map! Thank you kindly for taking your effort and time, lem, it's much appreciated by many.
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Just updated. Lots of new comments as usual. I've also found loads more shops on Streetview. Plus, we have a new coffeeshop in Amsterdam - Voyagers.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I've actually finished Streetviewing all of the shops in the Netherlands now. Once I've caught up with the email mountain, I'll upload all of it. I'm also trying to sort out all of the links for the new phpBB3 forum. Oh, and there's Christmas to deal with. Still, we'll get there soon.

Annoyingly, I keep finding that Google change co-ordinates. I don't know how that can be if they're real geographic coordinates but I've found several shops where I'd carefully set up the position and camera angle so that it pointed directly at the shop only to find that it's now slipped down the road. Does anyone know what's going on there?
Lemming
Site Admin

Re: Main Site Update

Post by Lemming »

Updated tonight.