Are there any Germans on this forum?

badbone

Post by badbone »

Dirty Uncle Ron wrote:
badbone wrote: as a truck driver it`s my experience:
German police stop people for no (obvious) reason :(
they have their own interpretation of the road traffic act...so you can be stopped for (almost) everything :shock:
and they are totally indifferent to common sense
so it`s more a matter of luck, than preparation or presentation .. :evil:
As for the comments on German police, no disagreement from me. However, could these same opinions fit many if not most law enforcement agencies around the world
? In my 24 year military career, I've trained with many law enforcement officers from around the world and can wholeheartedly attest that these activities are not exclusive to Germany.

As for luck vs. preparation or presentation, agree although with reservations. The duck and pig analogy comes quickly to mind. Who would most likely be stopped (read harassed) - Mr. Stereotypical Suit or Mr. Stereotypical Smoker? It is what it is. Suck is what it does.
SAD but true :evil: :evil: :evil:

Amsterdam Viking warning .. ???
BlueStarHaze

Post by BlueStarHaze »

Lucky I only wear a 3 piece suit when I cross the border.

By the way, anyone who fancies visiting a beautiful part of NL should come here to Losser...It is not known as the garden of rhe Netherlands for nothing!

I have decided to smoke only on friday eve and sat morning, so that by weds morn i am fit again....cant be in NL without enjoying the benefits, eh?
Ancora Imparo...
Müller

Post by Müller »

Dont panic man!
Germany isnt as bad as it seems.
The worst thing that could happen: if you have an accident and looking suspicious to the cops. They will check you for sure.
Be careful
Star

I smoke Weed Yes

Post by Star »

Yes I smoke more weed than Bob Marley any man get a gun . I have to say i've never ever met another German who smokes weed.Brandenberg Liberated Out
Danny Knight
Uncle Ron

Re: I smoke Weed Yes

Post by Uncle Ron »

Star wrote:Yes I smoke more weed than Bob Marley any man get a gun . I have to say i've never ever met another German who smokes weed.Brandenberg Liberated Out
More than Bob Marley, I should hope so, he's dead. :wink:

Gun? WTF?

Not to sound like a smart ass, but you do live in the UK after all. I live in Germany, suffice it to say I know quite a few Germans who smoke. I've also met quite a few Germans in Amsterdam while frequenting C/S's.

So, what's your point as it relates to the topic?
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

Müller wrote:Dont panic man!
Germany isnt as bad as it seems.
The worst thing that could happen: if you have an accident and looking suspicious to the cops. They will check you for sure.
Be careful
Agreed.

I would also like to add that if one is caught with a few grams, and depending on the circumstances, they will probably let you go. I've seen this first hand in Berlin, Mannheim, and Heidelberg. Of what I witnessed, the cops were cool, and the people of interest were cool. Nobody was arrested and no weed was confiscated. Hmm, there might be something to this, to wit - attitude. Doesn't always work, but it sure can't hurt.
roker

Post by roker »

I heard that if you cross the road with a red man on the lights at a crossing, you can lose your driving licence if you're 'intoxicated'...Lang Leben Deutschland!
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

roker wrote:I heard that if you cross the road with a red man on the lights at a crossing, you can lose your driving licence if you're 'intoxicated'...Lang Leben Deutschland!
you also get fined if you`re totaly sober when crossing the red lights....
roker

Post by roker »

sh@dy wrote:
roker wrote:I heard that if you cross the road with a red man on the lights at a crossing, you can lose your driving licence if you're 'intoxicated'...Lang Leben Deutschland!
lol...first time I went to Germany was to work in '98...we were walking across town, a whole group of crazy, British contractors, and couldn't believe German people were waiting for the lights to change even tho there wasn't even a Trabant in sight!...hilarious!

Anyway, I'm not knocking the jerries, I'm drinking a lovely Erdinger right now! gezundheit!
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

roker wrote:
sh@dy wrote:
lol...first time I went to Germany was to work in '98...we were walking across town, a whole group of crazy, British contractors, and couldn't believe German people were waiting for the lights to change even tho there wasn't even a Trabant in sight!...hilarious!

Anyway, I'm not knocking the jerries, I'm drinking a lovely Erdinger right now! gezundheit!
well, you better believe it, this is the country of rules and more rules....the bad is many people follow them.
BlueStarHaze

Post by BlueStarHaze »

D.U.R and shady...where are you both based?

I am constantly reading stuff on legal forums about people who have been stopped and tested, having consumed 2 days before, and end up going through a huge process of what can only be described as degrading brainwashing, and paying around 2000 euros for the pleasure.

did you know that any proof of consumption of hard drugs automatically makes you " characteristically unsuitable to drive a vehicle"?

I lived in lower saxony and moved to NL, because i prefer the life here. much more chilled.

Have you two ever been stopped in DE by the police?

BSH
Ancora Imparo...
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

BlueStarHaze wrote:D.U.R and shady...where are you both based?
I am constantly reading stuff on legal forums about people who have been stopped and tested, having consumed 2 days before, and end up going through a huge process of what can only be described as degrading brainwashing, and paying around 2000 euros for the pleasure.
did you know that any proof of consumption of hard drugs automatically makes you " characteristically unsuitable to drive a vehicle"?
I lived in lower saxony and moved to NL, because i prefer the life here. much more chilled.
Have you two ever been stopped in DE by the police?
BSH
I live south of Stuttgart, at the moment. Before then it was Heidelberg.

I haven't met anyone that has been stopped and tested for cannabis. Alcohol yes, and so have I, more than once, DUI check points. I've never been arrested in Europe or the UK/N. Ireland/Ireland. Never did anything stupid to draw attention to myself. Lucky me that I'm a white Anglo male in Europe, the so called last bastion. (extreme sarcasm)

Same as you, all I have ever heard are stories. Not saying that anything that has been stated so far are lies or unbelievable, the simple truth is that I haven't seen it. Now I have seen shit heads acting like, well, shit heads and they deserved what they got for being shit heads. Can't always act like you're back at home. A term I use when I see Americans acting this way is called 'Ugly American'. This term doesn't necessarily apply just to Americans. Ask most European countries what they think of British tourists. Just saying...
roker

Post by roker »

Dirty Uncle Ron wrote:(extreme sarcasm)
I'll bet!
BlueStarHaze

Post by BlueStarHaze »

Do you consume regularly DUR?

How about a meet up in Enschede or Eindhoven sometime for a blaze? Would be nice to meet some fellow English speakers for a few doobies.

Maybe i am being over cautious...I dunno. It does seem, that the is aspecific target group that the cops like to pull, which is under 30, with signs that they may be less than law abiding.

Me on the other hand, I drive a smart car, always have a 3-piece suit on, and would only speak english to the pigs, even though I speak fluent german.

Im still a cannaseur at heart though.

BSH
Ancora Imparo...
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

BlueStarHaze wrote:Do you consume regularly DUR?
Yes, medicinal and recreational.
BlueStarHaze wrote:How about a meet up in Enschede or Eindhoven sometime for a blaze? Would be nice to meet some fellow English speakers for a few doobies.
I have frequented Eindhoven often in the past but haven't been since last year. I thought that if I was going that far, I might as well go to Amsterdam.
BlueStarHaze wrote:Maybe i am being over cautious...I dunno. It does seem, that the is aspecific target group that the cops like to pull, which is under 30, with signs that they may be less than law abiding.
Always has been somewhat of a mystery to me how the police decide who to harass. Ignorance comes quickly to mind. I suppose the easiest ones to choose are those who look different, and also those who act different. Will we ever learn...?