PVV in a free-fall as one of its members quits.

Culture, Events, Tourism, Living and Working there, etc.
Marco

PVV in a free-fall as one of its members quits.

Post by Marco »

As I mentioned before, the PVV is not a party, therefore has no infrastructure like a normal political party. Wilders did obviously very little to screen his 'partners' who were elected on the PVV list and many of them have criminal, civil or military convictions against them for various offenses and anti-social behavior.

The first to resign is James Sharpe. He will be replaced by the next man on the PVV list, Ino van den Besselaar. Dutch memebers of Parliament do not run in geographic constituencies like in the UK.

To be clear, Sharpe left parliament voluntarily. An MP cannot be fired from parliament (perhaps for something horrible, Anne can confirm, but not for something like this). If he had not left the PVV and refused to resign, Sharpe would have remained in Parliament as an independent and the coalition would have most likely folded.

Sharpe left because he learned that his ex-wife had talked to a reporter. She claims he was physically and psychologically abusive, a pretty violent guy....basically a thug.

---------------

PVV parliamentarian James Sharpe quits, Wilders respects decision

Thursday 18 November 2010

PVV member of parliament James Sharpe has resigned following allegations about his business dealings and private life.

‘I have nothing to hide. This is my decision alone. I cannot focus on my work any more,’ Sharpe said in a statement. Geert Wilders, leader of the anti-Islam PVV, said he ‘respects’ Sharpe’s decision.

Sharpe, 48, has been an MP since the June election. He came under fire this week over reports that a company he ran in Hungary was fined for misleading customers by sending them text messages from women who did not exist.

He was also reportedly suspended by the Dutch athletics board in the late 1980s for hitting a fellow athlete with his spiked running shoes.

Responsibilities

In his statement Sharpe said he is the ‘last person to run away from his responsibilities’. ‘But I have an idea that all my ex girlfriends are going to start telling things about me,’ the MP said. One ex claims in Thursday´s Telegraaf Sharpe was violent towards her.

Two other PVV MPs have also come under fire in recent days.

Former army sergeant Eric Lucassen has been allowed to stay on as an MP by party leader Geert Wilders, despite lying about his criminal record for having an inappropriate relationship with an army recruit and intimidating his neighbours.

And Richard de Mos has been forced to admit he was never a school director as claimed in his official cv and interviews. Mos says he was ´naive and too proud´ of his qualifications.

Polls

The string of reports was described as a witch hunt by MP Hero Brinkman. Brinkman himself was under fire last year after a brawl in the parliamentary press bar.

The media pressure will only make the PVV parliamentary grouping more close-knit and less inclined to be open, Brinkman, who supports greater democracy within the party, said.

Nevertheless, it does not appear to have hurt Wilders’ popularity. Some 94% of PVV voters in a poll for tv show EenVandaag said they still had full confidence in the party’s founder.

© DutchNews.nl

Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Lol.
roker

Post by roker »

Freefall??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

roker wrote:Freefall??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lets hope so,Well enough so they dont give us any s**t 8).
Marco

Post by Marco »

roker wrote:Freefall??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just like Fortum, they are finding it ain't so easy to be part of the system. What will today bring? My money is we find a real rapist in the bunch by next week.