The Coin

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Coin

I like The Coin
91%
I don't like The Coin
9%

Total votes: 34

burners

Post by burners »

The Coin: Dimmly lit coffeeshop that adds to the overall appeal of this place in my opinion, from the moment we walked in we were met with a smile and talked through their menu by an excellent young female budtender who recommended we try the Lavender {lovely tasting smoke} and Buddha another excellent choice. For the choice of our weed to post back home we bought Super Skunk @ 27Eu for 5g x2. The seats on the right hand side as soon as you enter the shop are so comfy that anyone entering should grab one if they are available and sit back to watch the world go by right outside the door. Internet available so i'm told but i never ventured that far back into the shop as i was stapled to the comfy seats just inside the front door. rating 8/10. Like the shop

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

I was flipping through a book by Soma, and came across an advert for The Coin/Hunter's. It stated they carry his strains. Can anyone verify this? I've read in this review mention of Lavender and a Buddha. Just wondering from a seed purchase perspective.
easy life

Post by easy life »

decent menu losta differnt strains,very freindly 7 am vist.
Woob

Post by Woob »

my first stop..
magsbud2000

The Coin

Post by magsbud2000 »

Have been to Amsterdam 4 times and went to the coin everytime great weed and friendly staff and well read up on the gear going back next week cant wait :D
Szyslack

Post by Szyslack »

I try to go for flights that leave for Amsterdam early in the morning, and obviously my first stop after the train to Centraal Station is The Coin.

Always a chilled, relaxed atmosphere in the morning, and las time (early jan.) I was lucky enough to meet Mango Madness, and I reaaly hope she's still there when I get back in Jul...
kantharr

Post by kantharr »

Now named "hunter"
(doesnt matter as both coffee have the same menu)

Friendly and helpful staff, little cosy coffeeshop.
Lavender (11.50€) great herbal taste and smell, long smooth high with high peaks. 8/10
pre-rolled orange bud : good orange bud so 7.2/10
I also heard good things about the lemon skunk.
Worth a visit.
rolling is an art of its own even fast gone
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

I was suprised by this cs. Me and the missus spent a whole morning in this cs. After landing early morning we took a stroll down the Warmoesstraat and was drawn in by a bubble machine blowing bubbles into the street.
We went in and smoked for hours whilst playing the "Who wants to be a millionaire machine". Very few people came in and we got totally wasted on gram after gram of there menu. Was being served by a nice russian (I Think) Girl.
Excellent experience and probably the most wrecked we have ever been on our trips.
Now this was about 4 years back now so i am interested if its changed so we intend to pop back in december on our next trip.
Enjoy this place coz we did. :D
Scientificz

Post by Scientificz »

Great shop

Becoming my regular first stop. Good cheap maroc, ok weed and nice and chilled in the morning

Gonna be staying in apartment 30 seconds walk from here in three weeks :D :lol:
Bobke

Post by Bobke »

I flew into Amsterdam a few months back and arrived at CS very early in the morning. I had a couple hours to kill before hopping another train so I decided to try and locate The Coin. Very easy to find but as someone said you can overlook the place if your not careful. They open at 0700 and I was there about 0710. Great place for early morning toking. The coffee is top notch and the dealer was cool as well. This is a good place to start the day and get your head on straight before joining the madness of the day
StonedSince67

Post by StonedSince67 »

Bobke wrote:The Coin ... Great place for early morning toking. ... This is a good place to start the day and get your head on straight before joining the madness of the day
you know you're a stoner when ... to get your head on straight before joining the madness of the day ... you go to the Coin ... for early morning toking.

love it ...
Spliphy

Nice "sports" bar and toking palace

Post by Spliphy »

Watched both qualifying and the F1 race this year at this Hunters :D They switched it on for me as no football of significance was on. Didn't need the audio part of the race, so the shop could play tunes that kept other patrons happy too :wink:

Back when this was the coin, had a very nice chat with the Brazilian barista one morning when the place was deserted :)
Fiber, food, medicine: cannabis, queen of plants
Emily10

Re: The Coin

Post by Emily10 »

Coin Collecting is affectionately known as Hobby of Kings in reference to the fact in ancient times only Kings could afford to collect coins as lay people spent every penny they had to survive. Coin collecting or numismatics extremely popular hobby which now affordable to everybody. You can delve into the wonderful world of coin collecting as you read these words by simply reaching in your pocket and finding loose change.
badbone

Post by badbone »

@Emily10... it may well be that it's just me ... but I can not see what your post has to do with this thread ... if it's just me, I apologize in advance :lol:
Amsterdam Viking warning .. ???
mlester187

Post by mlester187 »

I second that