Jamaican to decriminalize possession of GANJA

Legal news, protests, etc.
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Jamaican to decriminalize possession of GANJA

Post by ed the head »

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/world/ ... marijuana-

KINGSTON, Jamaica - It's called the National Commission for Ganja.

And now top government officials in Jamaica are reviewing the commission's recommendations to decriminalize possession of small amounts of pot .

The Ganja Commission's report is a decade old.

It's not clear why the Jamaican government is now taking up the issue.The report concluded ganja was "culturally entrenched" in Jamaica.

The commission also said moderate use had no negative health effects on most users.

Any change in Jamaica's drug laws would have to be approved by Parliament.

He who tries to shine dims his own light
liquidSwords

Re: Jamaican to decriminalize possession of GANJA

Post by liquidSwords »

One less thing for the Feds to run around after :-). And peace loving rasta's can go about their business with no hassle.

Sizzla - We got it right Here :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axUB3E2e800
Excuse me while I light my Spliff.....
A Leprechaun

Post by A Leprechaun »

Great news :D ,as I am planning to go to Negril later this year,may need to get some info nearer the time from peeps who have been there recently.
if you cant eat it drink it smoke it or snort it then feck it it mad sweeney
liquidSwords

Post by liquidSwords »

A Leprechaun wrote:Great news :D ,as I am planning to go to Negril later this year,may need to get some info nearer the time from peeps who have been there recently.
You wont find it hard to find weed :-)
Excuse me while I light my Spliff.....
Mr Posh

Post by Mr Posh »

A Leprechaun wrote:Great news :D ,as I am planning to go to Negril later this year,may need to get some info nearer the time from peeps who have been there recently.
Been to Negril a few times Dude, very nice place. If you`ve never been to The Jam before I`ll offer you a bit of advice, up to you whether you take it, DO NOT buy weed at the airport, yes it will be offered outside & it`s proper shit. I`m lucky & have friends out there who sort me out but the best way if thats not an option is ask the bell boy at the hotel, these lads know everything & everybody so if he doesn`t deal, he knows a man that does. Ask them for the good stuff the Rasta`s smoke & you should get some nice weed (do examine it before parting with you`re money & don`t expect it to be dry). I`ve never had a nice flavoured weed out there but you can get some seriously strong stuff.
Back to the potential law change in Jamaica, I`m very suprised they are even talking about it, the USA finance Jamaica alot & they don`t like weed, therefore every now & then they`ll burn a big crop & take pics & film to prove to the American government they`re `fighting the evil trade`. If you`re a tourist the police will leave you alone as long as you`re not smoking one in the street (taking the piss). All the hotels I`ve stayed in are weed smoker friendly too.
Have a great trip to anyone who`s going, my favourite place in the world (so far). JAH bless Jamaica.
LEAVE BLANK
A Leprechaun

Post by A Leprechaun »

Mr Posh wrote:
Been to Negril a few times Dude, very nice place. If you`ve never been to The Jam before I`ll offer you a bit of advice, up to you whether you take it, DO NOT buy weed at the airport, yes it will be offered outside & it`s proper shit. I`m lucky & have friends out there who sort me out but the best way if thats not an option is ask the bell boy at the hotel, these lads know everything & everybody so if he doesn`t deal, he knows a man that does. Ask them for the good stuff the Rasta`s smoke & you should get some nice weed (do examine it before parting with you`re money & don`t expect it to be dry). I`ve never had a nice flavoured weed out there but you can get some seriously strong stuff.
Back to the potential law change in Jamaica, I`m very suprised they are even talking about it, the USA finance Jamaica alot & they don`t like weed, therefore every now & then they`ll burn a big crop & take pics & film to prove to the American government they`re `fighting the evil trade`. If you`re a tourist the police will leave you alone as long as you`re not smoking one in the street (taking the piss). All the hotels I`ve stayed in are weed smoker friendly too.
Have a great trip to anyone who`s going, my favourite place in the world (so far). JAH bless Jamaica.

Cheers Mr Posh I heard that before , re the don't buy at the airport,so the rest of your advice is appreciated.Thanks.
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

I remember they tried this a few years ago. That time the US told them "legalize and we will embargo you".......but this was the Bush government, maybe Obama will sit still?
A Leprechaun

Post by A Leprechaun »

Does anyone know if their is variety in the weed that you may be offered,and is it possible that you may be offered hash?,plus roughly what sort of price would the locals be looking,and is it okay to barter.as you can tell I'm booked for later in the year :D .Many thanks for any info.
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

A Leprechaun wrote:Does anyone know if their is variety in the weed that you may be offered,and is it possible that you may be offered hash?,plus roughly what sort of price would the locals be looking,and is it okay to barter.as you can tell I'm booked for later in the year :D .Many thanks for any info.
From my research ( never been ) always ask for the best. Dont be shy to refuse the first stuff yer offered. As for hash, Jamaican Gum is world famous, I don't know how prevalent it is, but I'd be asking for sure :wink: I believe you can get oil too over there.
I'm sure you will be offered more than one kind of herb. If it is to be believed, all the older, classic Sensi in Jamaica has been replaced( to an extent ) with modern genetics.

Have fun, and give us a trip report when ya get back.
Endure
Balou

Post by Balou »

A Leprechaun wrote:Does anyone know if their is variety in the weed that you may be offered,and is it possible that you may be offered hash?,plus roughly what sort of price would the locals be looking,and is it okay to barter.as you can tell I'm booked for later in the year :D .Many thanks for any info.
Your choices will be limited to a couple of strains. I've only come across hash once and that was after being in town for a couple of weeks. $20 will get you at least a quarter ounce of the good stuff and be all means haggle. Enjoy your trip and make sure to go to the Bob Marley Museum. They usually pass out joint so you can walk around and smoke.

Peace,
Balou
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
davex4

Post by davex4 »

Hi Ed. I hope this does not mean that the price of Cannabis will go up in Jamaica then. I got a hole cured plant from a Rasta, put in a bin bag for $7 some time ago. Kept the whole Hotel stoned for ages. That was one time I could not finish off my stash before I went home. Phuck me man, was giggling for weeks! 8) :P :twisted: :lol:
sh@dy

Post by sh@dy »

any news on this one?
Balou

Post by Balou »

sh@dy wrote:any news on this one?
Nothing that I've seen. It's like the wiet pass, they are just thinking about doing it. This is not the first time in recent memory that they tried to decriminalize ganja.

Peace,
Balou
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
davex4

Post by davex4 »

sh@dy wrote:any news on this one?
fink e means is avator Balou. Last I heard the mayor was going to introduce one for locals only????? :cry:
A Leprechaun

Post by A Leprechaun »

Well we have booked our trip to Negril ie fully booked and paid for, so hopefully all being well come the winter we should be soaking up a bit of sun and enjoying Jamaica's finest,once again if anybody has any tips please feel free to post all advice will be gratefully received.US dollars or JAM dollars or a combination of both,we will have travellers cheques as back up,sort of thinking of a third of each,we will be staying in an All Inclusive, :roll: but that is basically a back up to allow us to splurge on the local bars/ restaurants /club nites etc.Tis a once in a lifetime dream for us.