Katsu

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

do you like coffeeshop katsu?

i like it
92%
i don't like it
8%

Total votes: 254

claudandus

Katsu

Post by claudandus »

ACD page: https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/Katsu.html

coffeeshop katsu lays very near to the albert cuyp market

and is nice to smoke a little pot while resting down from shopping on the market :P

Owner of Karina IRC-Bot and #Coffeeshop@P2P-NET
lctricity

Post by lctricity »

Katsu is a great shop with incredible gear! As stated before, it is very near Albert Cuyp Market which is also worth a visit, before and/or after.

If you're a daily smoker and can handle strong gear you MUST try the Crystal Clear Ice-O-Lator Hash. Spendy but worth it for the intensity of the high.

The one draw back here is that the gear is pre-weighed. Outside of that it's hard to go wrong here. Great local vibe and friendly patrons and staff. One of Amsterdams "Finest" offerings in terms of Coffeeshops.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Katsu is one of my favourite shops in one of my favourite districts of Amsterdam. Nearby Media coffeeshop is cool too.

There are more positive comments about this shop on the main site than any other that's not on the main map.
Boner

Post by Boner »

Quality shop with quality goods I tried the NorthernLights/SilverPearl which was really tasty and of course the Crystal clear which is as good as everyone says!
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
pad

Post by pad »

what do you think about killer green ?
jul, kev, stev from france
Valo

Post by Valo »

An absoultey super shop! Made my first trip there on my 4th to Amsterdam - so glad I eventually made the effort to go there.

As lctricity mentioned, Katsu's crystal clear ice-o-later is one of the most powerful hashes (and stickiest!) I have come across in Amsterdam. Got speaking to a couple of cool locals guys who told me to use the freezer in my hotel room in order to peel it out of the bag sucessfully.
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
GreekSheik

Post by GreekSheik »

Great shop. It provided for a very nice break from shopping at the Albert Cuyp Market. The Silver Pearl Haze was very uplifting and they had the best Northern Lights I smoked on my whole trip. The locals were pretty cool there as well. I learned how to roll a "Dutch" style joint there from one of the locals.
pad

Post by pad »

We are disapointed cause the isn't really frienly when we are in Katsu & the shop was crowed ! :(

But their killer green (20 € for 2.5g) witch was one of the best strains we could test this year... Wonderfull killer green the taste remember me the "champagne"!!!!!! :lol: new card with a lot of special offers for 20 euros we'll be back in katsu for an another test in november ! sure :wink:
jul, kev, stev from france
TrippingOverGod

Post by TrippingOverGod »

Pretty crowded place but was on the list last time because of the NBA Fastbreak pinball machine... which has now gone. God knows why they got rid of it, maybe it broke down (last time I was there it froze up mid-play, so could be that). Often crowded and uncomfortable... I've voted that I don't like it but that's not to say it's a bad place. I remember the bud being relatively good but hardly the best in town and not really anywhere comfortable to relax - not in a rush to ever be here again.
Firefly315

Directions to Katsu

Post by Firefly315 »

Hi,
Which tram stop takes you from Leidsplein to the area near Katsu?
Cathleen
Valo

Re: Directions to Katsu

Post by Valo »

Firefly315 wrote:Hi,
Which tram stop takes you from Leidsplein to the area near Katsu?
Cathleen
It will only take about 10 minutes max if you walked from Leidseplein towards De Pijp (the katsu area). You could take trams 6,7 or 10 which will take you a couple of stops down the road to just in front of the Heineken Brewery.

Coming from Central Station you could get the 4, 16, 24 or 25 which travel either side of the Albert Cuyp Market - just remeber all the reconstruction going on can cause alternate routes, so may be best to check with the tourist board (VVV) on your first day if you plan on certain tram routes.

Hope this helps a little
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
Firefly315

Katsu directions

Post by Firefly315 »

Hi Valo,
Thanks for your help!
Cathleen
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Went to the Katsu 10/15. Arrived early afternoon after hitting the Albert Cup Market. Great staff, especially the lady behind the counter. Asked to use the bong and she really took the time to clean it, before giving it to me. Bought a gram of NL's Special. Very nice!! Hung out before going to the Heineken Brewery.
If you never do, you'll never know.
upahill_chris

Post by upahill_chris »

I found Katsu to be a bit unfriendly on previous visits but after our last visit i've changed my mind. Quite often busy staff can seem a little unfriendly and rude but i'm sure its not their intention.

Certainly more of a local shop than one aimed at tourists but that adds to its character.

Good menu and good quality strains.

Well worth a visit. Near to cafe Media which is also worth a look in.
Haze_Smoker

Post by Haze_Smoker »

The woman at the counter was very knowledgable asking us which type of buzz we wanted high or low, I wanted a sativa high so I purchased the Sour Sage and I also wanted a hash so I picked up the Manala Cream.
The Manala Cream was my first smoke and it was my first day in Amsterdam and this helped me settle down quite nicely.
The high was rising and the taste was beautiful. My friend took 3 tokes (he's an Amsterdam first timer) while he was trying to roll his Haze Special (he can't roll to save his life). He said the hash got him HIGH! I was really enjoying it.

I didn't get enough time to hang out here but it is definitely a place I'd go back to.

I rate this place an 8.5 out of 10.