Lemming's 4-20 Recollections and Pictures

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
BlueBerry

Re: Lemming's 4-20 Recollections and Pictures

Post by BlueBerry »

tuttiflutes wrote:Nice pictures BB, looks like you had loads of fun.. I am sure I did.. :P

I will never forget 'Ohm's' Bucket Bomb! and OOOOOOoooooh those hash Ballfor sures!

Till next time and pofferitjes for sure! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

tutti
doing 'straw' and 'bucket ducket' with yall was definitely highlights of my trip = ) thanks ohm, toots, and wins for all the great fun time memories!!!

AND POFFERTJES~

until next year...
Big Hugs and Kisses ; )

BB

BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

StonedSince'67 wrote:
BlueBerry wrote:I did finally get all 439 pics uploaded onto photobucket this weeks as well...
http://s120.photobucket.com/albums/o185 ... ?start=all
well i just had a look at all of them and it was loads of fun ... some classics in there ... all i was lacking was someone in the room to tell me about some things about some of the photos ... like who's that and where were you then? ... but it was still a nice relaxing look through someone's photo album along with a nice freshly-brewed cup of coffee ... thanks
thanks, glad you enjoyed = )

and yeah im a bit of a slacker when it comes to captions...

BlueBerry
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

Great pics BB!
I need a miracle everyday
Sue Narmy

Post by Sue Narmy »

Loved your pics BlueBerry.
I is female
ACDlurker

Post by ACDlurker »

Great Pics BB, and looks like you had an awesome time Lemming!
Roccy Tittzenbeer

Post by Roccy Tittzenbeer »

BB - many thanks for all the pics and all the effort taken, looks like you all had a great time.
Those pizzas from La Perla look amazing and cooked in a wood fired traditional oven too - I've got that place penned in for my next visit. Drooool!
First visit October 1976 last visit still to come ....
hestia

Post by hestia »

BB it was great partying with you, :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: as always. And hope to do the same next year....love the picks :D 8) :mrgreen:
davex4

Post by davex4 »

Lemming wrote:I set myself the mission of remembering as many of the names of people I met as possible. Limited memory capacity meant that was always likely to be at the expense of forgetting everything else.

So, here's my list of people I recall saying hello to (in alphabetical order):

08-420, Arsonist, AzLaker, BigGuy, Bleak, BlueBerry, Cammam, Cattales1960, Chillers2, Cisco, Colina, Dave J, DC, DHBlues, FlyByNite, Ftcarer, Gapie, Hestia, HighlyBlessed, HullDJ, Hunter, Islandgurl, Kermit, Lafe, LiquidSwords, Marco, MK101, Nizzle, Ohm sweet ohm, Philly-Rich, Rasa, Red Eyed Indian, Rufus, SeniorHippies, Soulrider, Steven, Stuart1976, Trad, TuttiFlutes, Twichaldinho, Uncle Ron, Willjay, WolfDangler, Worsall, xLuckyLisax, Yogibear.

Sorry if you were there and I missed you off this list. You were all great company. Thanks for being there.

Saturday 16th April 2011

Our greeting was a "welcome home!" at the familiar Escape apartment. This made my, already broad, grin, even wider. The weather looked great and anticipation for The Gathering was rising. Home indeed. Life is good.

Impatient to get in the right frame of mind, as it were, and having picked up a few basic provisions from the AH supermarket, I dragged the girlfriend into Basjoe so I could stock up. I doubt James recognised me and I didn't have time to explain. Soon back across the canal to the apartment, I rolled a joint and began typing a quick message to the Forum using the PC on the landing. The joint was Heaven Haze in a king size paper using Jamaican as a filler. As a one-time tobacco smoker I grew up with mixed joints and enjoy this nostalgic style. I managed to type one paragraph into the first post of my live report whilst I smoked that first joint.

In my neighbourhood of prohibitionland, weed is whatever I can get when it's going so the concept of a menu is still a sweetie shop for me, even after 20 or more years of visiting Amsterdam.

Everything after this for the following week is a bit hazy ...

A quick dinner and we headed for the Nes and our first T&T, the "4-20 Opening Party". Rounding the corner into the narrow street after which the NesCafe is named, I had a slight feeling of apprehension. With any T&T there is always the chance that nobody will turn up.

On walking in I immediately recognised AzLaker, BlueBerry, DC, Gapie, Hestia and Islandgurl and was introduced to Arsonist, BigGuy, Philly-Rich and Trad. Later Bleak and Marco joined us. So, rather than nobody turning up, we had a fantastic turnout. Looking back in Travel Plans I see about a dozen people said they'd be there and, in the event, about a dozen turned up. Not necessarily the same dozen but, hey, still gratifying after I billed this gathering as the "Ultimate T&T" in honour of FBN's presence.

Within no time I had a pint in one hand and a Volcano bag in the other, courtesy of DC. Cheers mate!

From then on a serious session ensued. All kinds of pipes, bongs and joints were in circulation. And then there were the Volcano bags. Oh, those Volcano bags. DC and his crew seemed to be running relays, bringing out bags two-at-a-time.

You want bud reviews? I have no idea. It was all good and, in combination, indescribably so. Thanks everyone!

I see Arsonist posted this pic of a few of us there that night:

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/viewt ... 79#p222779

In the next exciting episode we all have dinner at Hestia's and get pics of The Cup. Stay tuned!
Phucking good job i was mugged like. You never kud spell Mr Lemmfink!!!!! Imagine trying to get ya head round dave x 4. God! I even gave you choice of four or 4?!!!!! Bless dem fucking gypo's, Docs pushed me spine back 2 inches like! Feet have gone back to size 10 and every fink!!!! :P
davex4

Post by davex4 »

PS only got 2 grams to day!!!!! Fuck it. Will have to dip into me 5 plant allowance now :cry: :evil: :twisted: :x :lol: :P :o
islandgurl

Post by islandgurl »

Always a precious pleasure to see y'all, hugs to you both.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

thats a cute pic IG.
islandgurl

Post by islandgurl »

I love this one also, catt :lol: :wink: great memories...

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

Yeah I like that one too :)
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Thursday 21st April 2011

First stop Voyagers to meet everyone for a boat trip. Lots of people already there when we arrived and I finally got to meet HighlyBlessed and Mrs. HB. I also met Kermit for the first time.

Spotted this poster on the door:

The boat we were in had like a car stereo in the dashboard so we set off to the sound of John Lennon, followed by the rest of the armada.

The world looks so different from down here

An iconic bridge

The Captain and his mate

In yer face!

I captioned this pic "the dog's bollocks" when I first posted it. I should explain that, here in the UK, the dog's bollocks means the best.

Me in the co-pilot's seat and Cattales on lookout duty.

After our boat trip, a bit more time in Voyagers and seeing off the second flotilla, we went off to do some shopping and then met Cattales, DHblues and Mr & Mrs AzLaker at Cattales favourite coffeeshop:

Image Image

After a drink and a smoke there, we left them snacking.

Later we met up with everyone again at the Hestia Cup winning shop - Basjoe.

A bit fuzzy but this is the moment when Hestia presented James with The Cup.

James looked genuinely thrilled to win and all of the regular customers gave him a cheer as well as the ACD crew.

Yet another absolutely brilliant day!
DanFromUk

Post by DanFromUk »

Thanks for putting this up lemming.
Hunting for crystals