Strong MJ to be treated as class A drug,Dutch Govt.plans

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
darkglobe

Strong MJ to be treated as class A drug,Dutch Govt.plans

Post by darkglobe »

More Bollocks :roll: ...

"That cats something i can't explain"
SloWhite

Re: Strong MJ to be treated as class A drug,Dutch Govt.pla

Post by SloWhite »

Thats some BS!!!
Not your average Horticulturalist..
StonerDan

Post by StonerDan »

what a load of fucking bull shit.

Alcohol should be a class A drug as well then
Marco

Post by Marco »

D66 is right on this one. Regulate content fine, but LEGALIZE PRODUCTION.
Boner

Post by Boner »

I bet you're a 1 toke joke on anything over 15% thc anyway... :lol:
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Not gonna happen...

...Can you imagine how much it would cost for them to test all the strains? How are officials supposed to detect it? ...By smell???
NedFlanders

Post by NedFlanders »

read this one, its getting worse and worse. i think my next trip in november will be my last. does anybody know when this will be implemented?

translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=de&rurl=translate.google.de&sl=nl&tl=en&u=http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/stro ... Psxc3a7AHw
Boner

Post by Boner »

This ruling has passed today, stronger marijuana is as of today classed as a hard drug.

Edit: http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/stro ... offeeshops

I would love to know how they're going to police this, from my understanding 2 clones from the same plant can produce differant % of thc depending on the grow medium, the grower and even when they chop the plant, I dont know what it'll cost to test all the weed but if they do have to pay I suspect the coffeeshops will have to show proof that the strains they carry aren't over 15%, if you didn't realise it all the concentrates (like Terminator and the Butter) are way over 15% so they wont be on sale, USBL's 'Spoon' also comes into this so he'll have to either keep it in his hotel room or not take any at all as that'll be classed as a hard drug, this actually sucks more balls than the whole Maastrict debacle.
jilted j

Post by jilted j »

imo its another way to get the weed tourists flocking to amsterdam , ive heard that they also are stopping selling femenised seeds as they contain thc, that was also passed this afternoon about 5.30 uk time whilst officials self tetsed weed less than 15per cent & then they self tetsted canabis with a high thc content of 29 per cent, a cabinet spokesman was unable to comment as he was lied horizontal on the cabinet floor eating vanilla croissants :mrgreen: , peace JJ
donpacino

Post by donpacino »

I really cant see how a city with as many coffee shops as amsterdam can monitor/police something like this.

Could it be another thing that each city could decide to wether to enforce or not?

Will it really affect most of the weed we smoke in the coffee shops? Does it now mean the only weed we will only be able to get will be week bullshit?
What is thy bidding my master?
Boner

Post by Boner »

I reckon it'll be up to each individual coffeeshop to get their weed tested, that would mean every strain and every batch, this afaik is quite an expensive thing to do so not only will we have to stick to strains like Orange Bud (I cant think of many more off hand that would be lower than 15%) but the price will also go up, whats next I wonder will the government stop the sale of any seeds that would be over 15% when grown?

They knew they wouldn't be allowed to ban foreigners so they're looking at other ways to affect the system, Holland is changing fast and it really does suck balls.

I reckon if I go next year (planning on going for my 40th) it'll be the last time.
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Again the wording doesn't clarify things ?

Dutch police will now patrol coffeeshops to monitor the sale of cannabis with high levels of the psychoactive substance THC. The move comes after the cabinet agreed Friday to CONSIDER marijuana with THC levels over 15 percent as a hard drug.
-
donpacino

Post by donpacino »

Cisco wrote:Again the wording doesn't clarify things ?

Dutch police will now patrol coffeeshops to monitor the sale of cannabis with high levels of the psychoactive substance THC. The move comes after the cabinet agreed Friday to CONSIDER marijuana with THC levels over 15 percent as a hard drug.
That is what i was thinking, for some reason i cant see this taking of or being very successful.

It would be good if someone on here knew someone or was in contact with someone who owned a coffee shop to see what there thoughts are on this.

Also when would this come in to effect..
What is thy bidding my master?
Boner

Post by Boner »

Peter Lunk (involved with Birdy in Haarlem) says it's been passed, just because the translation has come across a bit wrong doesn't mean it isn't going to happen.
jilted j

Post by jilted j »

is getting really crazy now, dunno what the outcome of this will be be intersting to see how it will be regulated like boner said also what will come of the relaxed weed law in amsterdam as a whole really is a kick in the dogs dangley bits for the smokers society, best smoke as much as i can then whilst visiting amsterdam :mrgreen