Amnesia Haze

Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
Uncle Ron

Re: Best place for Amnesia Haze in Amsterdam?

Post by Uncle Ron »

Old Timer wrote:
dconstrukt wrote:LOL..... rookies. :)
@ oldtimer... ya... i am a budsnob... especially in ams.... i mean thats what we're there for.. .to smoke the best shit, no?
amnesia has been cloned and used SO MUCH in the dam... its nowhere near as good as it was 5+ years ago.
Almost every shop has it... and if you think amnesia is awesome, man ... I feel bad for you... you haven't tried a lotta good bud.... sorry.
Well, after somewhere around 50 to 60 trips over the last 30 odd years (lost count ages ago), 16 in the last 30 months, believe me that I've tried more than most.
When Amnesia is good, as it often was at Basjoe when James was there for example, it's about as good as it gets as far as hazes go IMO.
I feel bad for YOU, if you've rarely come across good Amnesia....sorry. :lol:
+1 to the Old Timer... :mrgreen:
James did have a solid connect that almost always provided the tastiest Amnesia, arguably the best in town at the time.
I had some tasty Amnesia when Rokerij was operating. That was the main reason I took them up on their offer last year for free amnesia seeds.
Amnesia may be the new "whore" of Amsterdam, replacing White Widow, but she is still tasty and lethal.

As for the comment by dconstrukt about Amnesia being cloned and used so much, ever wonder why? Same applies to White Widow - probably because it's a fantastic strain.
Doesn't matter if a mother has been cloned once or a thousand times, still the same as the original mother, think about it, now think about it some more...
A certain law of nature that some would use doesn't apply - the loss of genetic code, meaning the plant changed from the original mother because of being cloned X amount of times.
Just my opinion...

Happy hazing...

dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

@ ron... I'm more apt to listen to friends there who grow/sell weed to coffeeshops than people who just smoke it. white widow IMO is crap now... there is a few growers who have very good strains of it in the dam (if you can find em awesome)... but most of it floating around is crap now...

the "law of nature" comment is an assumption, theres no fact/science behind what you're saying... its nonsense.

@oldtimer -- I feel ya... think I've been there like 19 times myself (just got back from a month there last month)... my whole passport the last 10 years is full.... and most is from amsterdam LOL. I've smoked my fair share bro... amnesia was good at a few places (moreso years ago)... but there's SO much better stuff...(especially in cali) IMO super silver from greenhouse destroys it. I'm a kush fan being from the states....

@Quazer - voyagers had it last month for 10 euros a gram... never can go wrong with that price... and anything from voyagers. from what you said... try the kaligria from voyagers... very nice, good and uplifting... great one for the morning/day.

peace
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

:mrgreen:
dconstrukt wrote:@ ron... I'm more apt to listen to friends there who grow/sell weed to coffeeshops than people who just smoke it. white widow IMO is crap now... there is a few growers who have very good strains of it in the dam (if you can find em awesome)... but most of it floating around is crap now...
I'm partial to a little of both... have you ever read one of GeekyMonkey's reports?
I agree about the WW, mostly good stuff but there are schwag versions about... :(
The WW is an outstanding cross with other strains. One for example is Medical Seed Co's Malakoff, a Strawberry Haze x WW hybrid.
I've got some that are starting down on the farm and should be ready before Christmas (75-80 daze flowering).
dconstrukt wrote:the "law of nature" comment is an assumption, theres no fact/science behind what you're saying... its nonsense.
Although everything I've read to date (esp. Jorge Cervantes) has proven that cannabis seems to be resistant, this law of nature isn't an assumption...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telomere (second paragraph is what some are stuck on; damaged cells not transferring necessary information which leads to a loss of genetic markers, etc...). Again, I don't think cannabis is affected by multiple cloning, at least not with information that is currently available. Just my opinion...

Back to Amnesia Haze....
I sampled some from Kadinsky (near Hotel Europe) on the 5th of July and it was ok.
Not as peachy and juicy as I like, but it did me ok.

Happy Hazing... :mrgreen:
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

The truth is

A. Amnesia is being grown by like 80% of all dutch growers .
which is why
B. Amnesia 's quality is very diffrent ,cause SO many people grow it , some grow it shit , some grow it perfectly.
C. There are dozens of cuts all called "amnesia", some 10 week , some 13 week , some even being Silver Haze.

D. The REAL Amnesia , if grown to perfection , hits you harder than anything you'll find in amsterdam .
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

The wild Amnesia currently in Voyagers is pretty damn good , smoking it now :wink: :mrgreen:
-
Puppa Ruff

Post by Puppa Ruff »

d'ya reckon there could still be some left come tuesday?! :P :lol:
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

@ cisco.... and it's super cheap... think 10 euros when I was there in june.

hard to complain about anything at that price in AMS
AmNeSiA22488

Post by AmNeSiA22488 »

Thanks for the replies everybody very much appreciated. I heard Katsu had a good deal on Amnesia. 2.2 for 20e I think but whether that is still there is unknown. I will try a few places you have recommended see if I can find any Amnesia as good as Dampkring (original) which is the best place ive ever bought it from. What do you guys think of Vanilla Kush? I usually go to Amnesia for that.
Colino

Post by Colino »

best amnesia I had in amsterdam was from ocean coffeeshop, brutal effect and 10e/g
Lamont

Post by Lamont »

The Amnesia at de Graal is usually quite good. Had some in March that was sticky as hell and an amazing high.
treetop

Post by treetop »

Had the wild Amnesia from Voyagers last week. Thought it was a really nice smoke. 10eu a gram.

As far as how hard it hits I'm not sure as when smoking in Amsterdam I generally tend to have 3 or 4 strains hitting me at the same time.

Or maybe I was suffering from Amnesia :D :) :o :shock: 8) :lol: :oops: :wink: :mrgreen:
How much did you produce?
Kingdoc

Post by Kingdoc »

Mellow yellow does the cheapest ie 9 euros! used to be 8 but hey,,, Places like hunters etc sell the most expensive at 14 euro a gram,KD.
Pipo

Post by Pipo »

[quote="Kingdoc"]Mellow yellow does the cheapest ie 9 euros! used to be 8 but hey,,, Places like hunters etc sell the most expensive at 14 euro a gram,KD.[/quote]
how does the quality compare?
AmNeSiA22488

Post by AmNeSiA22488 »

Pipo wrote:
Kingdoc wrote:Mellow yellow does the cheapest ie 9 euros! used to be 8 but hey,,, Places like hunters etc sell the most expensive at 14 euro a gram,KD.
how does the quality compare?
Ive never been to Mellow Yellow unfortunately will pay them a visit next week. Hunters has some nice strains in but yeah some are expensive. They do have g13xAmnesia for 12 euro which is cheapest ive seen in Dam.
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

voyagers had it for 10 euros a gram like a month or so ago....