My rant on assumption!

Legal news, protests, etc.
Taylor

My rant on assumption!

Post by Taylor »

I've been getting more and more annoyed recently with peoples view on Cannabis. My mother and father both know I go to Amsterdam to get some fantastic bud, they just "don't want any of it coming back here". They treat it as if I'm injecting heroin into my eyeballs. It really annoys me, they watch the news and read multiple newspapers which doesn't help in keeping people in fear of this wonderful plant. I promised my mother that I would only ever use it abroad which isn't true. I just want to be able to say "Look, I passed my first year of university with a high 2:1, I'm fine! My health is fine, mentally I'm fine and I still perform on stage and retain my singing voice". It's people with such a closed off view of the world that annoy me, mention to most people that you smoke or have smoked marijuana and it's instantly like your an outlaw, like you're the scum of the earth. I don't have any problem with tobacco or alcohol I just choose not to use either of those, but when someone says to me "Oh, you smoke marijuana? That's really bad for you dude" I just get so annoyed.
It doesn't help when there are programmes on like Jeremy Kyle, the scummiest of scum was sitting in the chair and yeah he was being an ass and all but Jeremy goes "You use Marijuana don't you? Right, well that's the reason you're in this mess".

(Going a bit medicinal here) But my dad I know for a fact could benefit from the use of a high strength marijuana dose. He has arthritis in both feet to the point where his feet are numb, he's recently had a double bypass and valve replacement, two hip replacements which were both of a banned substance so that means he has metal in his blood. He takes something like 8 different painkillers several times a day and also suffers from fits. I asked him to go to a doctor and see what they say about it but I'm sure even if its just for pain relief it would help. It's just people have such a stubborn view of cannabis, it's their brainwashed way or no way.

People assume I'm a stoner, that I'm lazy and don't try hard at anything (these are people who I meet and tell right off the bat to see what they say) little do they know I'm a high achiever.

Rant over. Read on for a nice story!

p.s Thought I'd tell you about a nice day I had the other day (with a nice guy), I went up to the Epsom downs where they have the Epsom Derby. I pulled up my car to one of the small gravel car parks, I was with a good friend of mine. I had put down the back seats and laid several duvets in the back of my car as well as pillows. I opened the trunk/boot lid and blacked out the passenger windows, played some nice music and relaxed. We both lit up, UK cheese in a small pipe (which I bought in Amsterdam!) and relaxed. Soft music was playing, cheese puffs on hand, it was such a nice day. We waved to all the golfers going past with big grins on our face. When we had both had a little of a clearer head we lit up the disposable BBQ we had brought along and started cooking some beef burgers. About 30 mins later and them being nearly cooked one of the park rangers pulled up and asked very nicely that we put out the BBQ asap. We asked if we could finish off the burgers to which he replied "Sure, just put it out as soon as you're done mate". To be fair, the car STUNK of weed. This was the strongest smelling cheese I've ever smelt!! The guy could clearly smell it, and he had every right to call the police, he turned back around and just said to me "You guys have fun eh?". He smiled and turned around and left, we weren't bothered at all the rest of the day! It might have been a bit stupid in public and all but it wasn't that busy and we were keeping to ourself. Still had a lovely day! Kudos to the park guy!

Addlestoner

Re: My rant on assumption!

Post by Addlestoner »

I totally agree with everything you said and it infuriates me aswell! As your from the epsom area have you thought about joining the berkshire cannabis club? Their a group of like minded people who are sharing idead to try to change the local publics view of cannabis, I am going to my first meetining in september. Google it if your intrested.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Ah mate! Good shout there! I've joined the Facebook group. Maybe if I'm free one evening I'll pop along!
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

I would say the park ranger was prob thinking you was up to other fun, :wink: :lol: