coffeshop in the uk...well maybe

Legal news, protests, etc.
divinebovine

coffeshop in the uk...well maybe

Post by divinebovine »

next door to my local hydroponic shop there is a building that has been under renovations for a while. its on my way to town so i walk past it often. well now the renovations seem to be complete and as i walked past i peered through the window and the interior looked remarkably like a coffeeshop. it was a basic cafe but there was low level green lighting and the lights hanging above the tables were fitted into what looked like grow light ballasts. behind the counter there were rows and rows of empty jars. it was closed but i plan on going into the grow shop and asking whats going on with it and if its anything to with them. which is pretty likely. they have been raided a few times for selling clones and produce from under the counter so i dont expect it to last long if it is a smoking establishment.
there is also a coffeshop in brighton that keeps getting shut down and then re opening but i dont know if that is still happening.

billyriz

Re: coffeshop in the uk...well maybe

Post by billyriz »

interesting if it is probably get closed within 2 hours opening, if our government actually had a clue we could have a great marijuana scene and have beef in our burgers :D
treetop

Post by treetop »

billyriz wrote:interesting if it is probably get closed within 2 hours opening, if our government actually had a clue we could have a great marijuana scene and have beef in our burgers :D
The fact is people complain about MJ sometimes and police respond to those complaints. Sometimes people just rat on people they do not like cos they hope something is going on and the police sensing an easy bust move in.

Pathetic but that is the way of the world. I admire anyone who makes the effort but it is ultimately futile until UK politicians wake up and smell the natural goodness. :wink:
How much did you produce?
billyriz

Post by billyriz »

at least nick clegg is coming round to the idea
steveierfc1872

Post by steveierfc1872 »

billyriz wrote:interesting if it is probably get closed within 2 hours opening, if our government actually had a clue we could have a great marijuana scene and have beef in our burgers :D
great quote there billy :mrgreen:

would be great if the uk allowed coffeeshops to open but i very much doubt it will happen because there are too many pc people living in the uk,what they dont understand is no one would be forced to visit any coffeeshop in the uk and that the people who would use them are only after one thing A NICE ENJOYABLE EVENING WHERE YOU CAN SMOKE AND CHILL OUT. The goverment would be a winner through tax and although the police would never admit it i think they would prefer tto see coffeeshops opening instead of more pubs,but i think that idea is too sensible for the people who run our country to see. 8)
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

billyriz wrote:at least nick clegg is coming round to the idea
Problem is he'll never be elected because he has been a Tory stooge for too long
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad
Slim d

Post by Slim d »

divinebovine wrote:next door to my local hydroponic shop there is a building that has been under renovations for a while. its on my way to town so i walk past it often. well now the renovations seem to be complete and as i walked past i peered through the window and the interior looked remarkably like a coffeeshop. it was a basic cafe but there was low level green lighting and the lights hanging above the tables were fitted into what looked like grow light ballasts. behind the counter there were rows and rows of empty jars. it was closed but i plan on going into the grow shop and asking whats going on with it and if its anything to with them. which is pretty likely. they have been raided a few times for selling clones and produce from under the counter so i dont expect it to last long if it is a smoking establishment.
there is also a coffeshop in brighton that keeps getting shut down and then re opening but i dont know if that is still happening.
Be sure to set up a t&t for us ....
I rolled two spliffs, so I guess I'm double jointed
jim n soj

Post by jim n soj »

steveierfc1872 wrote:

would be great if the uk allowed coffeeshops to open but i very much doubt it will happen because there are too many pc people living in the uk,what they dont understand is no one would be forced to visit any coffeeshop in the uk and that the people who would use them are only after one thing A NICE ENJOYABLE EVENING WHERE YOU CAN SMOKE AND CHILL OUT. The goverment would be a winner through tax and although the police would never admit it i think they would prefer tto see coffeeshops opening instead of more pubs,but i think that idea is too sensible for the people who run our country to see. 8)
Well said my friend, if only eh.
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

steveierfc1872 wrote:

Does anyone else think that to begin with at least, coffeeshops in the UK wouldn't be much like that at all? I can see them being magnets for ridiculousness, with tons of underage scallys and pissed up morons the like of whom plague most UK towns constantly by day or night trying to get in. Eeek!

Maybe I'm doing the British a great disservice but I do worry the stoner population would just get overrun to begin with and it wouldn't be very pleasant.

Still better than we have now I suppose.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Not_the_monk wrote:
steveierfc1872 wrote:

Does anyone else think that to begin with at least, coffeeshops in the UK wouldn't be much like that at all? I can see them being magnets for ridiculousness, with tons of underage scallys and pissed up morons the like of whom plague most UK towns constantly by day or night trying to get in. Eeek!

Maybe I'm doing the British a great disservice but I do worry the stoner population would just get overrun to begin with and it wouldn't be very pleasant.

Still better than we have now I suppose.
Thing is in the u.k you can spot the scally easy so the simple double door method with ring the bell to get in would work, make it over 21s with everyone needing photo I.d who enters and fines for people buying for kids will work imho, then the goverment claim a huge chunk of tax, job solved, happy stoners,unhappy teens.

But its wishful thinking...
billyriz

Post by billyriz »

[/quote]

Thing is in the u.k you can spot the scally easy so the simple double door method with ring the bell to get in would work, make it over 21s with everyone needing photo I.d who enters and fines for people buying for kids will work imho, then the goverment claim a huge chunk of tax, job solved, happy stoners,unhappy teens.

But its wishful thinking...[/quote]

i was thinking double door method aswell, like the MMJ Dispensers in the states
treetop

Post by treetop »

Kermit wrote:

But its wishful thinking...
This post should form the template for retail policy when legalization comes to the UK.

People getting high should be no more visible to impressionable youth than people getting drunk or people being indoctrinated in Church.

What will probably happen is that the government will listen to a bunch of twats controlled by the alcohol/tobacco/pharma/religious lobbies and fuck it up royally. Which is what is happening at the moment.
I wonder how much money the UK wastes every year on petty MJ enforcement and imprisonment?

They could be getting more money off us plebs instead of locking us up. :roll:
How much did you produce?