Basjoe

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Basjoes ?

I like Basjoes
88%
I don't like Basjoes
12%

Total votes: 267

Epsilon

Basjoe

Post by Epsilon »

ACD Page: Basjoe

Surprised this shop doesn't get more attention. Located on the corner of Rusland and Kloveniersburgwal , its a nice shop. They've changed the interior around over the years , now it sports comfy booths vs. the table and chairs of a few years ago. Theres an outdoor sitting area , on a
nice canal in a picturesque area of the City. Its a calm sort of place . Music not too loud, and a variety is played : pop, Jazz, Blues , and more traditional CS fare including Marley...The proprietor is friendly ,and helpful (and has some of the longest dreads seen on a human ever ). Last years purchases included grams of White Widow, Jack Herrer ,and some tasty Hash - all at 6 Euro a gram. All in all a good vibe ,relaxing shop.
Last edited by Epsilon on Sun 6th May 2007 01:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lctricity

Post by lctricity »

Yeah, no doubt this a really nice place to chill on your way to or from Nieuwmarkt, I suppose other ways coming or going too.

The dread locked budtender I encountered couldn't have been friendlier or more accomodating in guiding me in the right direction smoke-wise and letting me snap a few pics.

Check this out!

Nice open airey feel with big windows all around and a great view along the canals out front. If you're there at the right time of day the church bells from the Zuiderkerk make a great soundtrack too.

Nice call Epsilon!
brightcarver

Post by brightcarver »

For my first 5 trips to Amsterdam, Basjoes was pretty much my center of operations--with my furthur knowledge of the city i've kinda lost track...note to self: next visit, spend some time in Basjoes.
The budtender guided me through many excellent choices!!!
Paco

Post by Paco »

I was there in 2004,the budtender was nice, so we had a short chat.He sold me some White Widow and J>H.Was damn good tasting weed.
Enjoyed my time there.A lot of friendly locals. :lol:

Thanks for the pics lctricity! 8)
Dobber

Post by Dobber »

this place was our fav coffee shop, went to about 2 each day but always ended up in basjoes, extremely relaxing, good music, v.good atmosphere, budtenders were really friendly. when we go back to the dam ill defintly be visting here again. best smoke i had there was the super silver haze and manali!
hilian2

Basjoe

Post by hilian2 »

Queens day
popped into this oasis of calm on this busy day and found it very chilled and friendly, nice reggae music . All in all a cool place to chill in.
A toke a day keeps the blues away - Hils xxx
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Basjoes now has a fan website

http://www.basjoe.com/
Badfrog

Post by Badfrog »

Thanks for the heads up on this one.I will be sure to sure get by here.The list gets a little longer..lol
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

dread in there got me stoned to the 5th demension on my birthday last year...he pulled a tree branch of herb out of a bag ,and proceded to smoke me till i couldnt talk right....great place, great people working there ,and a hell of a good time..i say go
rockin into the night
skars

Post by skars »

Great shop run by some super helpful staff. Great jams and a chill environment. Kudos to Leo and James.
STR 14
DEX 12
CON 15
INT 8
WIS 10
CHA 9
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

Remains our Favorite CS .For all the reasons listed in this thread. The menu has changed since we last visited in Nov. prices up a little ...they have a great batch of Jack H. these days at 8 ..but my favorite here is a pre-roll Hash Joint ...BEST smoke of our recent trip ...If you order one and one of the guys reaches down and immediately hands you one, its a fine smoke,and worth every cent of the 3.50 they charge nowadaze ...if James says I'll bring you one in a minute Look Out ...he could be rolling you a custom job,and you are in for a treat ...
rob strong

Basjoes

Post by rob strong »

My missus and i were there 2 weekes ago and found this coffee shop excellent, it was right next to our hotel, which made it the first and last place we went to everyday. It seemed a bit more for the locals which i think makes it have that unique feel with very friendly staff,also good music and a great place to chill and watch the world go by, great for sunday mornings ! :D
Grrl_Interrupted

Post by Grrl_Interrupted »

Rob, you probably saw me across the bar a few times; my pal and I spent a good deal of time in there, too.

James and Leo are lovely, lovely guys, the atmosphere in there is always well relaxed and friendly, and the weed and hash always of a good quality. I'm not much of a hash girl myself, but I can highly recommend both the lavendar and the kushage.
rob strong

Post by rob strong »

Hi , When are you planning to go again,how often do you make it to the Dam? We only manage to get there once or twice a year but absolutely love the place,so civilised why can' :) t it be like that here !
Grrl_Interrupted

Post by Grrl_Interrupted »

I find it so sad, that on mainland Europe we have all this culture at our disposal, all this wonderful community esprit, and yet England will insist n copying America!

I also try and go once or twice a year; I have pretty low income, so not as often as I would like. When I had a good job, I used to make it sometimes three or four times.

I'd love to go back for the cup, but I think that's a non-starter this year, now. Ah well; as soon as money permits :)