The Coin

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Coin

I like The Coin
91%
I don't like The Coin
9%

Total votes: 34

Valo

The Coin

Post by Valo »

ACD page: https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/Coin.html

The Coin (in Warmoesstraat) is my favourite coffeeshop to be at night time. It has a similar menu to Hunter's Bar in the same street and from my experiences was good smoke at reasonable prices.

The shop itself looks a little un-inviting from the outside (maybe a good thing so it doesn't get crowded being a busy part of town) and would hardly notice it's a coffeeshop unless you recognised the name. Inside is dark with a soley lit candle on each table sets a nice mood but it makes it hard when loading loading a pipe or rolling a joint sometimes. It's a long, thin shop with a couple of cubicles to the left when you walk in - the bar and counter is in the middle - with a couple of round tables with high stools at the back of the shop infront of 2 internet PC's. There is also a table ledge attatched to the wall with a few stools at the back on the right - which I found a nice place to sit when waiting for a couple of friends - although table sharing in the Netherlands never seems to be a problem :D

The staff were real friendly too - one day was a young Australian(?) guy serving who was most helpful and fun to talk to. The second day I went had two young females (think they were both Dutch) who, although were not as talkative as the guy, were also polite and helpful.

Didn't mean to go on so long but this is defintaly one of my top coffeeshops and I never see many reviews of this place.

~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
Stargirl

Post by Stargirl »

I LOVE The Coin!!! And it wasn't just you that those girls didn't really want to talk to, they weren't interested in chatting to me and my friend either!!
Valo

Post by Valo »

So you're the other Coin fan then!!

:D

Glad you joined the board Stargirl
slimfilters

Post by slimfilters »

The coin's a great place,especialy early in the morning with a couple of locals propping up the bar.sweet.
Stargirl

Post by Stargirl »

Hi Valo - thought I'd back you up!!! There has to be someone who likes the place!!! Wanted to read a book all day, seats were so comfy (and I was totally mashed and didn't want to move)!
Valo

Post by Valo »

Stargirl wrote:Hi Valo - thought I'd back you up!!! There has to be someone who likes the place!!! Wanted to read a book all day, seats were so comfy (and I was totally mashed and didn't want to move)!
Hope the shop is brighter during the daytime as I found it very gloomy (but atmospheric) in the evenings - but that is how I like it at night :) Would have tought it would be hard to read during the twilight hours.

I take it you mean the chairs right at the front of the shop? They do look real comfy but I have only sat at the back so far - there has always been a couple of relaxed faces sunken into the padded chairs so the must be good.

I really can't remember what weeds I tried here, but can definately recommend the Temple Ball (probably contributed to why I stayed in this shop for a good few hours when we found it!)
lctricity

Post by lctricity »

Thanks for all downlow on The Coin people.

This place will be a mandatory stop upon my arrival towards the end of the month for a little Temple Ball in the morning. They supposedly open at 9am. What a way to kick off the day!
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I've never been in the Coin. Sounds like I should check it out.

There aren't many comments on this shop on the main site. Stargirl has kindly sent in a review. Maybe some more of you would like to do the same?
bran

Post by bran »

Back from Dam where i've test the Coin folowing advice of Valo .. It was early in the morning .. really cool place to stop and hanging out when it's not crowded i guess .. I've test Lavender and Purpple Haze wich was really good ( lavender was fresh sooo fresh , and it kicks my brain out ;)) )
Very cosy atmosphere where i've chilled out , while drawing some shit .. well when music is not too loud it was the case the second time i go .. Aniway it's a great place.. I'll go back here for sure..
"On se lasse de tout sauf de comprendre"
Virgile
Valo

Post by Valo »

Glad to hear you had a good trip Bran - and it's nice to see The Coin hasn't changed from when I last was there.

Sure can't wait to be back there myself!
timbo

Post by timbo »

Glad to see you loved the place and thought their lavender was wicked, that was one of my best weeds of new years eve trip. 8)
Clothehouse is all u need when u got love. Woodstock 69!
Valo

Post by Valo »

If I said it once, I said it 1000 times.............The Coin is the BEST coffeeshop ever!!!

Spent a bit of time here on my recent trip and was thrilled to see it hadn't changed in the slightest. Awesome staff, top smoke!

It was nice to see it was never over popuated but still had a very lively atmosphere. At night time, it still had the dark mellow chilled out atmosphere I love after the sun has gone down........but I finally made a couple of morning stops too as I was only staying a few doors down. The same Australian dealer was there in the mornings who was as friendly as ever, an awesome guy to talk to and it is such a shame he wants to move on travelling in the summer (but best of luck to him)

Also met a great local guy who smokes in there most mornings - has fun chatting politics (referendums and all that), computers, weed and playing racing games on his mobile phone! The shop management were in and out most mornings too and treated me pretty much as one of them.

They were out of Amnesia Haze, which the dealer said was a great batch last time, but there Canalope Haze is not to miss either....topped with Super Pollen it makes a pretty cheap smoke taste very expensive!
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Stopped in at The Coin 10/19, nice place. Bought a gram of N.Y. Diesel, very nice taste and buzz. Very friendly staff and not busy at all.
If you never do, you'll never know.
onelovemarley

Post by onelovemarley »

the coin doesn't have a volcano does it?
Valo

Post by Valo »

onelovemarley wrote:the coin doesn't have a volcano does it?
The Coin doesn't have any vapo's (unless they got some since 2 months ago) but they do have a few bongs to choose from.