Old Church

Comments on specific bars. Use search to find the topic for a bar.

Rate the Old Church

I like the Old Church
67%
I don't like the Old Church
33%

Total votes: 102

HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe

Re: Old Church

Post by HasAnyoneSeenMyPipe »

If you have any sense you will head straight for Voyagers, it is between CS and the old church and their weed shits on Old Churchs from a great hight. :P

hestia

Post by hestia »

What can I say....I just like to go here of a evening sometimes and watch the older hookers do there thing.. :o :? ..they seem to have a humor about what HAS to be a bitchen HARD LIFE. witch appeals to me for some odd reason......I don't know why :shock: :shock: :shock: Weed is average at best.
treetop

Post by treetop »

Old Church will finally close as a coffeeshop tonight. It will then be refitted to reopen as a bar in which you can smoke weed.
Old Church 2 to open soon in the old Rokerj premises on the Amstel river near Muntplein. Apparently they have transferred the Old Church license to the new premises.

Good news all round I'd say as the only bad thing about Old Church was the weed! Now you can take your own and only have to buy overpriced drinks instead!
How much did you produce?
Colino

Post by Colino »

treetop wrote:Old Church will finally close as a coffeeshop tonight. It will then be refitted to reopen as a bar in which you can smoke weed.
Old Church 2 to open soon in the old Rokerj premises on the Amstel river near Muntplein. Apparently they have transferred the Old Church license to the new premises.

Good news all round I'd say as the only bad thing about Old Church was the weed! Now you can take your own and only have to buy overpriced drinks instead!
so it will be possible buying weed in the Amstel location? not interested as do not like their weed, just curious as I read somewhere that coffeeshop licence cannot be used for a different location from the original one
treetop

Post by treetop »

Colino wrote:
treetop wrote:Old Church will finally close as a coffeeshop tonight. It will then be refitted to reopen as a bar in which you can smoke weed.

so it will be possible buying weed in the Amstel location? not interested as do not like their weed, just curious as I read somewhere that coffeeshop licence cannot be used for a different location from the original one
Not sure exactly but I think they were able to move licence cos of 1012 project requirements.
How much did you produce?
Colino

Post by Colino »

matty223 wrote:
treetop wrote:
Not sure exactly but I think they were able to move licence cos of 1012 project requirements.
they still will have shite gear lol
maybe moving the location to a less touristy area will force them to improve the quality,probably not but who knows?
macca187

Post by macca187 »

me and my friend made this one of our regular stops this monday,tuesday and wednesday.we smoked our own weed everytime and just purchased drinks.the window seats are great at night to chill and watch the world go by and also you can watch people go into the windows across the way and time them lol.

one of the ladys was absolutely horrible buy yet she had 3 customers within a hour
George47

Post by George47 »

macca187 wrote:me and my friend made this one of our regular stops this monday,tuesday and wednesday.we smoked our own weed everytime and just purchased drinks.the window seats are great at night to chill and watch the world go by and also you can watch people go into the windows across the way and time them lol.

one of the ladys was absolutely horrible buy yet she had 3 customers within a hour
I heard they were allowed to sell weed into the new year but will stop soon. Is this still the case?
http://www.amsterdam-red-light-district-maps.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
macca187

Post by macca187 »

George47 wrote:
macca187 wrote:me and my friend made this one of our regular stops this monday,tuesday and wednesday.we smoked our own weed everytime and just purchased drinks.the window seats are great at night to chill and watch the world go by and also you can watch people go into the windows across the way and time them lol.

I heard they were allowed to sell weed into the new year but will stop soon. Is this still the case?

they were still selling weed as of monday tuesday wednesday this week.upstairs was always closed thou and the toilet out of order every day
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

macca187 wrote:upstairs was always closed thou and the toilet out of order every day
...which is why the place is a bit of a shithouse really. You're better off strolling 20 yards across the cobbles to Stones Cafe. You get the added advantage of a beer if you want it, and if you grab a seat out back it's more or less the same view as Old Church. And a darn site nicer establishment.
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Pop in the back door of Stones and see how that goes ;)
Amsterdam dreaming.............
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

:?: :?:
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
markymark

Post by markymark »

popped into the Old Church last Tuesday evening. It's been a while (5 years) since I last wandered in for a hot chocolate and a smoke. Bloke behind the counter greated us with "what do you want", miserable fuck! Got told they were closing soon so no hot drinks (it was 11.30pm!) looked at the weed menu, laughed to ourselves over the prices and headed back out into the cold streets of Amsterdam. I used to really like this place, great for people watching. Never again.
hilian

Post by hilian »

I am truly amazed :shock:
I have been going there for years as I loved the place (always crap music) I loved the atmos and liked to sit up the pointy shrine end of the bar. I didn't even know it was closed till now as haven't been over since dec 12
I'm gutted and will miss the place. The only upside is that I also loved the Rokerij shops and am thrilled that they have opened up in there :D
if you enjoy it pass it on