Dizzy Duck, The Hague

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Dizzy Duck

I like Dizzy Duck
92%
I don't like Dizzy Duck
8%

Total votes: 13

Bud Spencer

Dizzy Duck, The Hague

Post by Bud Spencer »

ACD Page: Dizzy Duck

Hey,

when i heard i was going to the hague with my wife and baby, i figured i would get some decent weed there. But this shop just blew me away. Same qualities as the best shop in dam for less money, well cured weed, extreme hash extracts, verdamper, Bongs, Playstation, the rainiest soccer game i ever watched, but i think for the dutch eye it looked like everyday business. I never missed the Amsterdam coffeeshops. Last time, i only had two weeds that were better, the best of the rest the same, an most of it not as good, even from good shops. Most suprisingly, the music was ok, too.

The shop is small and was packed the two times when i went there, but as a vaper i got a seat next to the lonesome verdamper. I tried a lot of their menu, and everything from the Super Skunk to the critical amber was superb, good tasting, nice high and long lasting.

But here the details( All Vaped):

Super Skunk 8 Euro
Taste a little on the rough side, good smoke

Blue Shark 10ish
Typical White Shark taste plus sweetness. Nice daytime smoke.

Casey Jones 11
Very good lemony diesel taste, good up high. First. Can be a hard hitter on the come down...

Amnesia 11
Say what you want, if they can get the Amnesia right, they have my love. After all these years, still a good weed cured to perfection, sativa high, with just the amount of punch you need. Makes my head numb, in a good way.

Blueberry10,50
Sweet taste! strong but mellow high....

Somarie( sic)11
Love that shit! Diesel taste, kush balls! right between sativa and indica, in my sweet spot!

Critical Amber
Strong! But i admit: i bought it for the looks!(0.25)/12,50

Take it from a stoner: If your in it for the weed, go here, these guys know their way.

Lemon Haze

Re: Dizzy Duck

Post by Lemon Haze »

thanks for the report mate! Going to be in the Hague at the end of the month, will be stopping by for sure.
"Drugs induce paranoia and psychosis in people who have never taken any." Terence McKenna
crazycatlady

Re: Dizzy Duck, The Hague

Post by crazycatlady »

We went here last May on our way home and really liked it. The budtenders were very friendly and the weed was most enjoyable. Would happily go back again!
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

all the weed is quality here,1st shop i stop in when driving to amsterdam,the small smoking room packed with locals{neat weed or greengo mixed allowed}even the pre rolled joints are good and a little cheaper than cafe creamers,so best solution is buy from here and go up to creamers for a beer and a smoke.lots of ice,hash and usually a couple of experimental strains on the menu.never had a bad bag from here
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

madmaxxx wrote:even the pre rolled joints are good and a little cheaper than cafe creamers,so best solution is buy from here and go up to creamers for a beer and a smoke.
you cant have a beer at a coffeeshop..
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Colino

Post by Colino »

RvanSteensel wrote:
madmaxxx wrote:even the pre rolled joints are good and a little cheaper than cafe creamers,so best solution is buy from here and go up to creamers for a beer and a smoke.
in cremers you can :mrgreen:
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Dizzy Duck?
Does he....

:mrgreen:
Panog

Post by Panog »

RvanSteensel wrote:
The CS and the bar are in the same building but it's 2 different doors
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

As already stated by others here and on the main page top shop. One of my personal top 3 :D ! Nuff said!

Colino wrote:
RvanSteensel wrote:
in cremers you can :mrgreen:
Madmaxxx and Colino are right. Technically there are no coffeeshops serving alcohol anymore. In Cremers it's definitely still the case! I don't know how they got away with it after the new law(there is a main entrance. When you enter you can choose the door to your left to enter the salesroom for hash/grass(take-away-only) or go to the right to enter the pub. So they are in separate rooms apparently. Like Panog said, thanks!). Especially since they have the same name in opposite to until around 2011 when coffeeshop Appotheker and pub De Bakkerij(which is falsely listed as a coffeeshop on the main site here – I'll email Lemming)in Eindhoven had a similar situation(De Bakkerij then moved to the building next to the Appotheker later)but they were clearly distinguished by different names(but belonged together). By the way Appotheker was and probably is opended until 3:30 AM or 4:00(not sure) in the morning at the weekends(special decission due to Stratumseind – where Appotheker and De Bakkerij are located – being famous nationwide for their excess supply of pubs?)Questions upon questions.

Bottom line: enjoy your visit at Cremers and don't forget to visit Dizzy Duck :mrgreen: !
Last edited by Jesscass on Tue 20th May 2014 01:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bud Spencer

Post by Bud Spencer »

So everybody agrees....dear amsterdam-lovers, spend a day in den haag, visit the duck, take the long nice walk to scheveningen and stare at the sea, it´s worth the trip!
Infamus

Post by Infamus »

Had the chance to visit Dizzy Duck yesterday, and did so specifically because of the recommendations here on this forum. Thanks for those, everybody, it was a great experience all around. They had a wide selection, and all strains I got were really great. Critical Kush was top notch, so was their Bio-Amnesia. The former should be sold as anti-insomnia medication. NYC Diesel also looked, smelled, and tasted great. The Budtender was very friendly and let me look and sniff at everything before I bought it. The atmosphere inside was relaxed. Some locals, some english, some italian. And us germans ;) But no noisy teenagers. Will definitely go there again when I get the chance.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Last week:

White Rhino(8,5€/g, according to the menu White Widow x Afghani): forgettable stuff, light years away from the excellent batch I had from Boerejongens a couple of years back(probably different genetics though)
White Widow x Bubble Gum(9€): also pretty standardish especially as it's their house wiet, had better from here in the past
Sour Kush(Mystic Seeds: Sour Diesel x MK Ultra, 10€/g): I was intrigued when I read about the strains supposedly involved. Decent kushy smell and flavour but appeareance and effects were lacking.
Magic Mango(Dizzy Duck Seeds: So Mango x AK47, 10€/g): fruity taste and nice smell, average effects. Liked it.
KC Jones(10,5€/g): this is good wiet! Taste, look and smell were very nice. I can see why they won the first price with this strain at the High Life Cup 2014('Organic').
Blue Shark(Dizzy Duck Seeds: Blue Haze x White Shark,10€/g):good enough wiet.
Koening Polm(7€/g): light polm, nice enough taste and smell, not so strong but long lasting
Super Polm(8€/g): good hash but nothing special
Hia(10€): nice hashish

There were all amber/wax(about 3), ice-o-laters(also about 3)and two moroccan ice-o-laters(supposed to be Enemy Ice as AK-47)sold out. Also no Twisla(8,5€). What a pity!

Even though I noticed a decrease in overall quality in The Hague, especially when it comes to classics like White Widow which are often poorly grown or with lack of passion/effort(also in Amsterdam)apart from more pricey Hazes I had a very fine time here again :D !
The atmosphere and overall impression is still very, very nice. So indeed, 'Duck Them All' :mrgreen: !
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

poped in here sunday afternoon,they where sold out of so much,got the ww x bubble gum crush,was a nice strong crush,pity about so little choice,but at the weekends it very busy 2 budtenders on.

Post by 070 »

this place is nice but always a line it seems

they sell 6 packs of pre rolled doobs from 13 euro to 18 euro. they are mixed with washed tobacco. sold seperately the prd's go for 3.50 to 5 euro a piece.

freebies include holders for above prd's and usually with a purchase over 20 they may throw in a lighter or some papers. sometimes you have to ask.

the bartenders are all pleasant and without attitude.

they sell all sorts of weed and weed. quite a selection and it changes on the regular.
Spaldwickapeface

Post by Spaldwickapeface »

We made it to the dizzy duck on Monday, I only did a buy and fly so can't say to much about the coffeeshop but it has a vast menu of top quality weed and hashes, especially the iceolators.
I bought a gram of a desiel variety €12 (name escapes me), a nice fruity flavour with a mainly Sativa high with a nice little bit of indica to back it up.
Also I got €10 0.3g of lovely hazeolator hash, um that was good shit, I was rather high after smoking this. They had a really nice range of ices to choice from as well as a decent selection of import hashes too.

Really good product, I would recommend a visit
I like bananas, monkey nuts and grapes. That's why they call me Sam of the apes