Zeeburg camping

Accommodation related topics.
ShakeTheBud

Re: Zeeburg camping

Post by ShakeTheBud »

Balou wrote:
Rastamouse wrote:I'm going in a couple of days and was considering camping as well.

Might be a bit too cold now though :(
I'd be more concerned about the rain and wind. Maybe have a look at one of the cabins instead.
I'm staying in one of those cabins this weekend, will give a review about this either in my trip report.

Is there anyone else staying in zeeburg this weekend?

Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

pictures Please if your staying in one of the eco cabin pod things. feed the ducks and goats, join in any fun zeeburg stuff
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Stayed here on my second trip to Dam, during the summer of 1990. Had wanted to stay at the Sleep Inn (now the Arena Hotel), which at the time was about the cheapest place to stay in town. I can't remember exactly how many Guilders it was per night, but I seem to remember it worked out at about £5 a night for a bunk in a large dorm.

I'd stayed at the Sleep Inn earlier that summer during my first trip with a bunch of friends, as we set off on a month of inter-railing round Europe. This trip was on the return part of the journey, by which time the rest of the group had headed back to the UK, but I decided another couple of days in Dam were in order. The Sleep Inn was great for our needs - cheap, had a bar, a makeshift coffeeshop and there were plenty of Aussie backpacking girls looking for fun :mrgreen:

But, I'd arrived in town too late and the Sleep Inn was full. The reception staff recommended I take the bus to Zeeburg. It was dark by the time I arrived there and I had no tent, so I paid whatever the pittance fee was to stay in one of the log cabins they had at the time. I was the only one staying in it. Spent the evening in the camp's bar, bought some hash off the bartender and smoked myself into a stupor before drifting off to sleep in peace. It was an adventure, but the next morning I headed back to the Sleep Inn.
alpen rock

Post by alpen rock »

^^ Nice travelogue with the time machine :mrgreen: :lol:
a makeshift coffeeshop and there were plenty of Aussie backpacking girls looking for fun
8) 8) :lol:
shayanjameel08

Post by shayanjameel08 »

It`s my third time when i booked something at camping zeeburg, now a eco cabin wich it was very nice and confortable, clean and well heated. I`m sure i will book again in this nice camping.
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

I'm off here (third time lucky) next month for 4 nights in my tent. Aught to be nice this time of year I'm guessing if a little busy. But as I get there on the Thursday morning I aught to get a place on the main site before the weekenders turn up.

Seems they have a full free to use kitchen there now, kettles, microwave, hotplates & fridge etc. Though to put some beers in the fridge to chill and expect them to still be there a few hours later might be a chance to far. Will be fun watching the animals there after a few joints by the water lol.
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

i love zeeburg camping.. but ive found this other day (located in the lake of flevorpark..)

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/1561264? ... 015&s=EeAZ
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

This does look pretty cool, and I think Flevopark is wonderful (I do live right next to it), but I do think it sounds a little expensive. No real cooking facilities on board (I saw a BBQ, but what about boiling water etc), and obviously lack of toilet wont be great for some. You can find apartments for that price I think !

Though don't get me wrong, as an experience it does sound pretty damn cool, and certainly a nice business idea =)
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Stuart i actually just seen the price pernight,, a bit expesive 61 a night and thats your money ffs thats alot for camping,, yes its on a little dock/boat thing but wow thats like $100 us
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

wow, like camping on a raft. Sure like the thought of that, but Zeeburg better suites me this trip. Besides, been looking at Zeeburg for a few years now and it was more the animals and campers kitchen that threw it for me. Though a little unsure of doing that bridge down to the campsite off my head at 2am!.
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

off your head at 2 am.. ahh, the good old zeeburg days.
Ganjaman70

Post by Ganjaman70 »

Camping zeeburg is a great place. I've been a couple of times and recommend to anyone :D
It WAS a birthday trip to remember.. 25/7-31/7
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

What a great find Stuart :shock:
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

I like it here

Store and reservation are only open a few hours , but the rest is all fine.
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Dave J

Post by Dave J »

Wow, has it really been 11 months since my trip?!. Anyways I stayed here August and thought to add a mini review on the place based on my limited notes, photos and memories, for which the photos certainly help with the memory lol.

Well, fucking loved the place, everything I expected and more on top. If your looking for something different and new and want to try a new feeling of staying in Amsterdam I can fully recommend the place.

It was a hot August morning when I arrived. The camp was about a 10 minute walk from the Zeeburg coach station, which wasn't to bad even with a fucking big case & backpack. The steps down the bridge wernt to bad with a heavy case either.

Check in went fine, they asked if I was OK finding a tent spot on a busy site or if I wanted to try the overflow Zeeburg Camping Too site instead 5 minutes away the other side of the bridge by the tram stop. I'm fine with the busy site I tell them. Only to book in they wanted to keep my passport as security, to which I tell them I can't do that as its the only form of ID I have on me and will need it for being out and about & coffeeshops etc. To which they tell me they can take a photocopy of my passport and a €20 returnable deposit which I'll get when checking out. I was fine with that so they took the photocopy, deposit, fee & gave me a pitch label to tie to my tent when pitched up.

Found a half decent spot near the animal enclosure and the mini beach, just off the path so easy when wrecked coming back at night or trying to find the shitter in the middle of the night.

The shop was better stocked than I thought, sure it's small and limited but has pretty much anything a stoner would need including the popular drink of stoners, Chocomel :) even chilled from the fridge too. Cold beers in the fridge is limited to Heiniken or some cheaper local brew. Heiniken was €2.50 per 50cl can as I recall and the cheaper brand €1.50 per 50cl can as I recall, not too bad for the cheaper cans seeing as they are well chilled.

Got my 3 day tram pass from the reception shop too which was very handy they sold them on site. It was also at that point I find out that they have shitloads (well more like 15 or so) of charging points behind the counter to charge your phone for free at any point they are open which was useful for campers I guess.

Was an easy several minute walk the other side of the bridge to the tram stop, passing the overflow Zeeburg Camping Too just before it. Past some rather interesting graffiti under the bridge too where the skate boarders seem to hang out.

Returning to the camp at night was "interesting" off yer tits as looked so different in the dark so I just followed others in the hope they were going to the main camp than the other flow, was lucky lol. It was entering the camp at night I realised you need ID to show your staying their or something as they have security of sorts on the gate at night that they don't have during the day. Was in a stoners panic as never knew what the hell I should have had when booking in I never had on me at the time. Seems it was the pink ticket receipt thing I got when booking in that they must of told me I needed to get back in at night as I forgot that as soon as they told me that, that I folded the bugger up and stuck it in that little pocket pouch thing you get in your front pocket in a pair of jeans. Took me several minutes to find the fucker as I totally forgot that I'd put it there to keep it safe.

Site bar was OK too, never ate at the place so can't comment on the food, but a pint at €4 was reasonable I guess and the bar seemed to be open till about 1am in August. A few vending machines for snacks was handy at night. Yet why people wanted to cook hot food into the early hours on the little open kitchen always amused me.

They never once said anything about smoking on the site which was good as it was a slight concern. But then again wasn't making a dick of myself smoking, just kept away from the bulk of the people, everyone happy that way. Was funny listening to the animals in the tent at night after doing several grams per day into the early hours. Was also good they have a noise curfew on the camp after a certain hour as they tell campers to turn there music off or use headphones.

Overall a great experience, very friendly staff, reasonable toilets and hot showers. Anyways, a few photos of the camp site I found on an old phone just today: http://s1083.photobucket.com/user/DaveJon74/library/