UK Leaves EU

Moderators: Balou, Twichaldinho

redeyezman

UK Leaves EU

Post by redeyezman »

So there we have it folks! David Cameron to resign as well for not getting his way? Can we get some reporting or opinions from folks living there? The world watches in great interest!

Shells sink. Dreams float.
Lemming
Site Admin

Re: UK Leaves EU

Post by Lemming »

Little England proudly waves its little currency at the towering waves looming over it.

At least it might be the end of Nigel Farage. A narrow victory for 'remain' could have raised his profile. Now he will probably fade into insignificance as we watch the major parties go into meltdown.

Seems to me that this is a vote against the Establishment rather than just against Europe. We are all fed up with our politicians, bankers and other leeches. Unfortunately, though, populist leaders are getting us to turn against each other. Rather than holding to account those that suck fortunes out of our economies to spend on their superyachts, we blame defenceless refugees and single mothers.
andyc

Post by andyc »

I was gutted with the result, but I'm Scottish and in favour of independence from the UK, which now looks likely so every cloud
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

I voted out and wanted out, never liked Cameron the twat or his bum pal osbourne, don't like being ruled by Germany, my grandad fought like many others grandparents to keep us from the Germans and we won. They couldn't win with bombs so tried to rule europe with politics, fuck they even tried to kill us with over polluting cars, they then make the decision to let 100s of thousands of people (immigrant is not a good word tbf) into Europe without a care and start sharing them out like jelly beans to different eu countries they rule, The EU is failing, brexit is only the start, we have not taken our country back just moved it out of Germany's grasp.

It's strange how Greece had such a hard time in the EU but then again the Germans fucked them first last time round.

Getting me?

Ain't that Scottish man bird related to Mertle the turtle, looks like her twin to me, lmao

Fuck u Germany, today I woke up the air smelt different and the Atmosphere seemed different, I believe this is what freedom tastes like.

Over and out, Made in England (Great Britain) 1976, xx
winnie

Post by winnie »

Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Yep, let's fuck up everything. Pound crashes, recession looms, but hey, we stuck it to the man, eh?

Hard to believe that this morning the shits are already backtracking. That £350 million for the NHS? Well, we didn't exactly mean that. Stop immigration? No, we're not doing that either. And the knuckledraggers don't even notice, being knuckledraggers. Bless.
Quazer

Post by Quazer »

Kermit wrote:I voted out and wanted out, never liked Cameron the twat or his bum pal osbourne, don't like being ruled by Germany, my grandad fought like many others grandparents to keep us from the Germans and we won. They couldn't win with bombs so tried to rule europe with politics, fuck they even tried to kill us with over polluting cars, they then make the decision to let 100s of thousands of people (immigrant is not a good word tbf) into Europe without a care and start sharing them out like jelly beans to different eu countries they rule, The EU is failing, brexit is only the start, we have not taken our country back just moved it out of Germany's grasp.

It's strange how Greece had such a hard time in the EU but then again the Germans fucked them first last time round.

Getting me?

Ain't that Scottish man bird related to Mertle the turtle, looks like her twin to me, lmao

Fuck u Germany, today I woke up the air smelt different and the Atmosphere seemed different, I believe this is what freedom tastes like.

Over and out, Made in England (Great Britain) 1976, xx
:roll: :lol: Ever thought that many people here (in evil nazi germany) want out of the EU too? Probably that doesn't fit any 1940s world view.
macky

Post by macky »

Interesting leave vote fifty and older ,stay fifty and under :D Those who have skills in new economy and old under educated white men . I see major brain drain coming for England and from what I see 52 percent are already brain dead.......oh! Ya free at last :D
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

Lemming wrote:Seems to me that this is a vote against the Establishment rather than just against Europe. We are all fed up with our politicians, bankers and other leeches. Unfortunately, though, populist leaders are getting us to turn against each other. Rather than holding to account those that suck fortunes out of our economies to spend on their superyachts, we blame defenceless refugees and single mothers.
^^^ this

I'm appalled with the way a (slim) majority of my fellow Brits have been conned/exploited into such a monumental and catastrophic decision. Already there are thick idiots on social media admitting they only voted 'out' as they "didnt think their vote would count" and they dont really want us to actually leave the EU. Others are complaining they were swung by a statement from the leave campaign that x amount of money would be channeled into the NHS which Farage has already (within hours of the vote) admitted is not true.

Take an attractive sounding lie about something our electorate cares passionately about, top with lashings of immigrant-fear, sprinkle in a bit of jingoism, WW2 references, and meaningless stuff about "taking our country back", and serve it to an angry populace that mainly just wants to register a protest vote against the establishment - and you end up with a seismic game changer before the people who voted for it have realised quite what they've done.

Its been heartbreaking seeing some of the comments today from our European cousins (both citizens and political) which pretty much amount to "well the British can go fuck themselves then". It feels like as a country we've turned our back on our neighbours and they're responding in kind. It makes me ashamed to be British. Also speaking to a few migrant workers around my area today and most of them said the vote has made them no longer feel welcome in the UK and they want to go home. Seems the far right is gradually getting its own way. Its insidious.

The whole thing is awful to see - but please remember, not all of us want or support this - 48 per cent of the people in this country are being forced to leave the EU when that is not what we want. And there's a long way to go before any of it gets close to becoming reality. Already the UK is facing a potential constitutional crisis over the massive 'in' votes in Scotland and Northern Ireland. If the economy crashes as well, parliament could end up refusing to ratify the referendum result or call for a new vote.

Sorry to rant - it's been a long and stressful day for most of us decent folk over here. Anyway, what's the feelings on this in Amsterdam? Are British migrant workers still welome or are we persona non grata now?
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
Mr Incognito

Post by Mr Incognito »

Well my bit of England voted remain, along with other centres of civilisation - London, Bristol, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds, Newcastle, Norwich, Scotland, etc. But that wasn't enough and we are now forced to become less like continental Europe, and more like Great Yarmouth. Once again, the rational, liberal and open-minded are shown to be in the minority. Its just like the dreaded Thatcher years all over again, and I am not looking forward to it.

Massive arguments at work today between Brexiters and Bremainians - I wish we'd had those rows before the vote, but everyone was too polite to briong it up. Please, please, please can I wake up now and be released from this horrible dream.

Only one thing to do - skin up and hope it goes away...... Oh, and get as many Amsterdam trips in as possible before I have to get a visa to leave this godforsaken island.

Not a good day.

Mr I
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Just point out, just because someone voted out don't make them thick like most of you are making out, so try and be a bit more civil in defeat eh.
free_phil_spector

Clearly not all the out voters were thick. Not even the majority of them. My comment was about the self-confessed thickos who voted out and now wish they hadn't...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... count.html
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
notsofasteddie

Post by notsofasteddie »

Is Donald Trump eligible to become the new Prime Minister in October? He might have found a new home in the UK!

We could call it Truxit
winnie

Post by winnie »

:lol:
free_phil_spector

notsofasteddie wrote:Is Donald Trump eligible to become the new Prime Minister in October? He might have found a new home in the UK!

No, but his satanic twin is already poised for the job.

Boris and Trump. We really are fucked.