Spirit

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Spirit

I like Spirit
88%
I don't like Spirit
13%

Total votes: 32

worldcitizen1723

Re: Spirit

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

Hey guys,

anyone been by Spirit lately? Has it reopened? I pray the pinball machines are still there!!!

la2019

Post by la2019 »

I actually found a few pictures of the redesigned place online (I wish I could remember where...google Spirit coffeeshop Amsterdam and it should pop up in images) But from what I could see they were all still there. The place looks more the same than different, but it looks like they extended the counter and got rid of that little nook with the one table (which kills me-that was my spot!). All in all, again just based on pics from the web,it looks like they evolved it more than overhauled it. Would love to hear from someone who's been there tho!
worldcitizen1723

Post by worldcitizen1723 »

la2019 wrote:I actually found a few pictures of the redesigned place online (I wish I could remember where...google Spirit coffeeshop Amsterdam and it should pop up in images) But from what I could see they were all still there. The place looks more the same than different, but it looks like they extended the counter and got rid of that little nook with the one table (which kills me-that was my spot!). All in all, again just based on pics from the web,it looks like they evolved it more than overhauled it. Would love to hear from someone who's been there tho!

ahh, i love that little half hidden table. oh well. everything changes! : )
glad to know it's open and the machines are still there
16 more days....
Haggdogg

Post by Haggdogg »

Used to be in here all the time as we used to rent an apartment next door. So decided to go see what it is like now, as it's been years since I've been in. The whole place has been done up, the bar is now a lot bigger and in the middle of the shop. Still has its large smoking area, and yes, still has pinball machines, couple of racing games and a pool table in it. There is a lot less places to sit than before, the old couches around the smoking area have been taken away, there's now only one large table with seats in the back to sit at, with a couple of more chairs at the pool table. Also I must add, this place now has the newest and cleanest toilet I have ever encountered in a Coffeeshop. Clean, still attached seat, toilet roll, working lock, hot water, working hand dryer. Bravo!
The budtender was pretty grumpy, without quite being rude. I got GSC from here, wasn't great if im being honest. Was about 13/14 euro I think. Not very strong in either taste or high.
Good place to go and chill for an hour or two.
Dickinsonbeer

Post by Dickinsonbeer »

Stopped in here after going to the nearby markets this morning and had to kill some time until mouse mansion opens to get some more books for my niece.

Real chill place on a saturday morning. It probably gets busy at night but mostly locals I think. Budtender was friendly and let me look a a few before purchasing.

Amnesia haze. 11/g. Fresh out of the delivery pack! Super dense frosty glistening nugs. Big size. Some of the largest nugs have foxtailed a bit but most were perfect. Smell was so much better than the silver and the red diesel so I went for the amnesia- intense lemon and diesel smell with some fruity haze smell also. Vaped in the pax3 for intense lemon lime diesel and tropical flavor- almost passionfrut and pineapple. Clean head high. Very nice for 11.

Worth a stop if you are anywhere in the Jordaan
la2019

Post by la2019 »

Just curious - what does "foxtailed" mean?
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

la2019 wrote: Sat 14th Apr 2018 05:20 pm Just curious - what does "foxtailed" mean?
The buds get fox tails, could be genetic or could be heat stress but as its Amnesia haze it tends to have them especially somas version.
la2019

Post by la2019 »

Huh! Didn't know that - thanks!
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

Dickinsonbeer wrote: Sat 14th Apr 2018 09:54 am Stopped in here after going to the nearby markets this morning and had to kill some time until mouse mansion opens to get some more books for my niece.
Ok, I’ll take the cheese. What does “mouse mansion” refer to, please? Thanks.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
curubelo

Post by curubelo »

titus wong wrote: Sun 15th Apr 2018 06:56 am
Dickinsonbeer wrote: Sat 14th Apr 2018 09:54 am Stopped in here after going to the nearby markets this morning and had to kill some time until mouse mansion opens to get some more books for my niece.
Ok, I’ll take the cheese. What does “mouse mansion” refer to, please? Thanks.
I guess to the actual place? :)

http://www.themousemansion.com/
Dickinsonbeer

Post by Dickinsonbeer »

Yeah it is a little bookstore a block from spirit that does kids books. Cool to walk in for a couple min to check out the detailed sets that they make to photograph for the books.

I went back to spirit last night to get some super pollen. It wasnt very good. Got a headache from it. Smoked some of the gorilla glue 4 from erste hulp and it got rid of the headache in 2 min lol.

The amnesia haze i got there is still nice though.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I was on my way from 1e Hulp to Haarlemerstraat area by foot and decide to take a different way than usual and luckily I found that place on my way :D So I never been here before but I heard of their assortment of pinbal machines but I never made it here for any reason :? Unfortunately I had only time for a buy and fly but I will come back to check out their pinbal machines :D

Seems like a huge place for a coffeeshop. I took a look on their hash menu... pretty classic hashes like Pollen (6€/g), Super Pollen (9€/g), Caramello (11€/g), Hassan Zero (15€/g) and Nepal Cream (10€/g). The budlady showed me the Caramello and Hassan Zero which looked both pretty good. I decide to try their Hassan...

Hassan Zero (15€/g) - Darker oily creamy sticky Caramello like hash... not ultra sticky... just how I like it. Nice classic moroccan natrual hash smell from that one :mrgreen: it had a "full" taste that I love so much with some classic hashes. As the Niqa from Dampkring it taste very nice :mrgreen: but the Hassan Zero is not as stony as the Niqa and has a bit more high effects in it but is overall also pretty relaxing and smooth to me.

With 15€/g it´s for sure a bit overpriced but it was a nice classic clean tasting creamy moroccan hash that I liked to smoke :mrgreen: Well there are sometimes similar cheaper hashes around but it´s get harder and harder to find that stuff. Next time I think I will try their Caramello (11€/g) which looked also pretty good.
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

As of May this year they'd actually refreshed/fixed up the machines too as a couple had changed and they were all in good working order - over the last couple of years one or two of them had been a little bit broken. Their weed is rarely better than average but I always end up spending a good afternoon in there on most trips playing pinball and pool (which you pay for by time like in a club not per game). T'ketelje is just around the corner too which often has a reasonably priced menu and some good product.
samnesia

Post by samnesia »

just got 2 pre-rolls 0.5g weed joint and pollen hash joint and they were both pretty strong. went more for the pool and pinball machines, some of the machines were a bit dodgy but the pool is 5€ for half an hour which is cool.
manowar

The Spirit arcade coffeeshop

Post by manowar »

Recently went to The Spirit in the Jordaan area of Amsterdam, quiet area but what a hidden gem this is. Good weed, good music and they've got loads of retro arcade machines and pool tables too. Inspired me for my mancave after seeing the full wall of pinball machines they had, didnt realise how expensive they were! Looking at like 4k per machine but im tempted to get at least one and maybe a pool table. You guys ever been to The Spirit? Why is nobody talking about this place?!