Koningsdag and beyond - Solo voyage

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
bigjames420
Location: The Commonwealth of Virginia, USA, Get me out of here!

Koningsdag and beyond - Solo voyage

Post by bigjames420 »

Hello everyone! I haven't really been on this forum much in the last few years. Life kind of got in the way of my love of Amsterdam I guess. The other day I happened upon some really cheap airfare and decided it was time to make another visit though. Now I'm booked for Aoril 26th to May the 3rd. I actually decided on my dates based on my interest in attending the Elfia festival, which is kind of like a renaissance fair/fantasy convention held at Castle de Haar in Haarzuilens on April 29th and 30th. This will be my 8th trip to Amsterdam but I've never been on Queensday or Kingsday before. I didn't even think about the fact that Koningsdag was on the 27th until after I booked, my dates just happened to work out well for it.
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to visiting 'dam and spending some time in Utopia again! Possibly I'll set up a toke and talk or two for some point while I'm there. Feel free to add me to the who's in town pages if you see this FBN! Hope to meet some of you there!

gapie

Re: Koningsdag and beyond - Solo voyage

Post by gapie »

:mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen: :evil: :D 8)
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

Welcome back, bigjames.

If you are into that stuff, you should check out the very large Renaissance Festival in Texas:

https://www.texrenfest.com/

I'll be there over those dates as well. Wife and I have always wanted to attend Queensday, and now that it is Kingsday, we found the motivation to make it happen.

Have a great time!
Comus

Post by Comus »

koningsnacht is the night before kingsday proper ..... the partying starts at midnight and goes right through til the next day and beyond (although the pubs etc are supposed to shut for 1 hour at some point before the sun comes up). take lots of small change for the small street vendors coz often they get pissy about changing notes. be careful of the coppers, i've seen them nicking folks for toking outdoors in public during the festivities. above all pace yourself coz it's gonna be a long party and have an awesome time.
I'm in shocks and stares
bigjames420

Post by bigjames420 »

LLMReb wrote: Mon 13th Feb 2017 03:09 pm Welcome back, bigjames.

If you are into that stuff, you should check out the very large Renaissance Festival in Texas:

https://www.texrenfest.com/
I'll be there over those dates as well. Wife and I have always wanted to attend Queensday, and now that it is Kingsday, we found the motivation to make it happen.

Have a great time!
Thanks LLMReb! To be honest I've never even been to a Renaissance festival before. I found out about the Elfia festival because a band I like is playing there and thought it looked like a lot of fun, plus it gave me an excuse to visit Amsterdam again. I'm not sure I'd make it all the way to Texas for one, although you never know. Hope you all have a great trip as well! Kingsday should be quite the experience, that's for sure! Maybe we'll get a chance to meet up for a smoke.
Comus wrote: Mon 13th Feb 2017 05:28 pm koningsnacht is the night before kingsday proper ..... the partying starts at midnight and goes right through til the next day and beyond (although the pubs etc are supposed to shut for 1 hour at some point before the sun comes up). take lots of small change for the small street vendors coz often they get pissy about changing notes. be careful of the coppers, i've seen them nicking folks for toking outdoors in public during the festivities. above all pace yourself coz it's gonna be a long party and have an awesome time.
Thanks for the info Comus. I hadn't heard about Koningsnacht before. I won't even get into town until around noon on the 26th. Sounds like I need to get all my essentials and shopping done for the houseboat right away so I can just hang out there and enjoy the madness as it all floats by. Hope I don't have any problems with my flights, I'd hate to end up arriving on Kingsday.

Time is flying by, less than 6 weeks to go.
Comus

Post by Comus »

which ever day you arrive just enjoy it
8)
I'm in shocks and stares
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

bigjames420 wrote: Sun 12th Feb 2017 03:49 pm I didn't even think about the fact that Koningsdag was on the 27th until after I booked, my dates just happened to work out well for it.

Great day to party in Amsterdam, the whole town is doing it
He who tries to shine dims his own light
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

Hello big James 420 we have a T&T schedule for 10:00am at Bluebird on the 26th if you get in earlier :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Nimrod

Post by Nimrod »

Wishing you a fijn time on your long-awaited return to Mokum. James doing it in style!! Enjoy that canalside view.
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

Posted on the April and May Whos In Town pages.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
bigjames420

Post by bigjames420 »

Willjay wrote: Mon 20th Mar 2017 02:15 am Hello big James 420 we have a T&T schedule for 10:00am at Bluebird on the 26th if you get in earlier :mrgreen:
Thanks for the invite! I had seen that posted, my flight is supposed to arrive at 10:30 though and I don't think I've ever been on a flight that arrived more than 45 minutes early. So I doubt I'll make it in time to meet up there. Maybe I'll plan my own T&T somewhere later that afternoon.
Nimrod wrote: Mon 27th Mar 2017 05:29 pm Wishing you a fijn time on your long-awaited return to Mokum. James doing it in style!! Enjoy that canalside view.
Dank je vel Nimrod! I'm going to do my best to enjoy ALL the views. Maybe canalside isn't quite as good of a view as the H1 balcony, but I'll just have to make the best of it.
FlyByNite wrote: Tue 28th Mar 2017 04:09 am Posted on the April and May Whos In Town pages.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Thanks FBN! Your work keeping all of the who's in town and menu pages up to date is appreciated by everyone here I think!