Best Friends

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Best Friends

I like Best Friends
80%
I don't like Best Friends
20%

Total votes: 5

Marok21

Re: Best Friends

Post by Marok21 »

Marduk wrote:Their Orange Bud costs even more, at 12€. Again, I'd prefer a well grown and cured OB over any mega-hyped, unstable "superstrain" that is rushed to the market unflushed and wet.
I agree with that 8) I like a perfect grown White Widow more than an okish OG Kush for example... important is that it is good grown! So a very nice grown, flushed and cured AK 47 for example can be real killer weed.
But I have to say some of the "new" strains have complete different tastes than the most oldshool strains... more variety... and well if the "new" strains are very good grown, too they are also killer :lol: ... but it is not a rule that oldshool strains are always not so good as the hyped strains 8)

Pipo

Post by Pipo »

[quote="Marok21"][quote="Marduk"]Their Orange Bud costs even more, at 12€. Again, I'd prefer a well grown and cured OB over any mega-hyped, unstable "superstrain" that is rushed to the market unflushed and wet. [/quote]

I agree with that 8) I like a perfect grown White Widow more than an okish OG Kush for example... important is that it is good grown! So a very nice grown, flushed and cured AK 47 for example can be real killer weed.
But I have to say some of the "new" strains have complete different tastes than the most oldshool strains... more variety... and well if the "new" strains are very good grown, too they are also killer :lol: ... but it is not a rule that oldshool strains are always not so good as the hyped strains 8)[/quote]

yes yes, betty boops ak at 8Euro a gram is a killer. as a local I hate to pay tourist prices
cornish pixie

Post by cornish pixie »

popped in to best friends 2 on the way back to apartment one night. bought a gram of Nagar sweet creme. was very tasty not as strong as i wanted for bedtime but overall a nice smoke. The bud tender was funny as fuck as well. really comical and down to earth. can't remember his name ( black fella if anybody knows him ) but he was really sound one of the best tenders i think I've met. would return just to have some banter with him alone.
"If you can, then do "
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I also was at Best Friends 2 (near Spui). Never was there before but heard some good things in the last time so I deside to check out the shop. On google maps it says that it´s closed but it´s open :D

Small darker place with only one big table in the middle and a few other "seating options" around the room. Sounds not really good at the first moment but decor and atmosphere were very nice and relaxing. It seems to be a very quiet coffeeshop... good to escape from the city stress for a while.

Also the dealer was a nice guy took the time to show me the wares. I was interested in their "top" hashes Lemon Haze (12€/g) and 24K (12€/g). Both looked and smelled pretty nice.
The 24K is a darker sticky hash. You can smell that it´s really made of new genetics... a little bit more spicy. I only smoked one bowl of it so far... so I have to try it more to say how it really was for me... but overall it looks pretty good and is well priced.
The Lemon Haze Hash is a blonde hash... it reminded me of the batch I got from Baghera last time but Best Friends version is 3€ cheaper :D Anyway I didn´t get any because I had enough hash for the moment... but it´s on my list for the next time.

By the way they also have a discount when you buy 3 or 5 grams.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

update :D

I smoked some more of the 24k hash and I liked it. Compared to the 24k hash from Tweede Kammer/Dampkring#2 (10€/g) for example Best Friends version is tastier and the effect is also stronger in my opinion. It cost 2€ more but it is worth it in my opinion... and if you buy 3g you pay around 10,50€/g... Next time I will check out their Lemon Haze hash and their cheaper hashes like the Light Zero (6€/g) and Dark Zero (6€/g).
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Budtenders are usually super friendly here... same this weekend :D

Lemon Haze Hash was temp. sold out :? so I went again for their 24k hash wich is still very nice.

Also got a small bag of their Snowwhite (6€/0,7g). To dry in my opinion but not bad. For the price OK but I had
expect more of it.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Lemon Haze Hash (12€/g) - A more blonde soft fresh hash. Smells nice like the strain it´s made from :D It gaves me a sativa high wich was great for daytime. When you buy 3g it´s also getting cheaper around 10,50€/g. Good smoke :D
Waldo Swan

Post by Waldo Swan »

Marok21 wrote: Fri 14th Apr 2017 03:46 pm Lemon Haze Hash (12€/g) - A more blonde soft fresh hash. Smells nice like the strain it´s made from :D It gaves me a sativa high wich was great for daytime. When you buy 3g it´s also getting cheaper around 10,50€/g. Good smoke :D
Thanks so much for all these great recommendations in this thread and others. I've added numerous things you've reported to my sample list for my upcoming trip. :mrgreen:
I come in peace. Take me to your pizza!
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Waldo Swan wrote: Fri 14th Apr 2017 10:21 pm Thanks so much for all these great recommendations in this thread and others. I've added numerous things you've reported to my sample list for my upcoming trip.
no problem :mrgreen: I always try to give some good feedback and I wish you a great trip :D but in the last time it´s getting harder and harder to find free time to write a review :?
In the past and till now :lol: I got so many nice recommendations from here that made my trips damn nice :mrgreen: so keep it up guys and thanks for that :D
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Light Zero (6€/g) - A more blonde hash... pretty fresh with a good oil content especially for that price. Looks def. like some good quality hash. Smell is also pretty natural but reminds me a little bit of their Snow White weed... maybe they make it from that ^^ or I am just wrong with that :lol: The Dealer told me it was also Lab tested a few months back with pretty good results:
http://www.bestfriendsamsterdam.com/wp- ... t_zero.jpg
and it´s their best seller...

Overall a nice deal :D
AudioKush

Post by AudioKush »

Menu update - Oud-Zuid location (11 Jan 2020)
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

I was intrigued by the price cuts for Lemon Haze Hash and 24K Kush Hash, which were rated good when they were more expensive. Could they really be smokable at the price? I tried them at the shop in the centre, where the prices were the same.

Well, maybe. The Lemon Haze seems like a good bargain hash, on a par with Central's Amnesia and Tweede Kamer's King Hassan (though batches of both vary). But the 24K Kush tasted a bit unclean.

At least, I think that's the right way round. They look very similar, and both came wrapped in wax paper, though they were both too hard to warrant it. I only sampled them when I got home. So I can't swear that I've identified them correctly, but the one I like smells of lemon.
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

As a follow-up to the above post: went back recently with the idea of buying the better of the two hashes. Just to make sure which was which, I asked to smell both.

Unfortunately, the test wasn't decisive. Despite confirmation bias, it was the alleged 24K Kush that had the odour I associated with the good one. So I was in agonies of indecision. In the end, I decided to go for the Pakistan Sativa, as I do love a good black hash.

Blame Mokum madness for allowing me to think that a shop that would sell the lesser of those bargain hashes would offer a decent black hash. Anyway, don't bother.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

I was in yesterday first time..shop in a basement small but still comfortable with one central table for 6 to 8 in middle and bench seating going round the room..good prices I got 5 g super polm for 33 euro or it was 7.50 a gram Ithere were cheaper options but after reading reviews I went with this its soft bubbles and tastes good I was happy with it, also a gram if blueberry cheese 10 a g it was decent not a bad little shop
AudioKush

Post by AudioKush »