ACD Bike anyone?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
matty

ACD Bike anyone?

Post by matty »

I am leaving dam in a few days after another wonderful stay (blue dream from media and boerejongens super silver cookie is all I'll say for now, maybe a trip report in a few days). For a lot ofbtrips now I get a bike and I've moved from renting to buying second hand bikes, there's quite a market for buying bikes between expats in Dam and you can get some great deals.

Anyway at the end of this trip I will have 2 bikes here and my plan is lock them up in reasonably safe areas and leave them there. Then anyone who is coming to dam soon and wants to use one or both of the bikes can do so for free simply be messaging me in this thread and I will pm them the code for the lock and the location. All I/we would then ask is then at the end of their trip that person, locks the bike up in decent nick, somewhere reasonably safe for another to use after. Also, if these are any punctures or mechanical issues occurring during their use that they take the bike to one of the many millions of bike repair shops around Amsterdam. Both bikes are sound though, I have probably done over 100km on each over the last few weeks. One is a limit 2800 men's single speed hand brake and pedal brake bike with a back rack and a bell, perfect for nipping around between chores or coffee shops. The other is an 18 speed racing bike with low wrap around handles. It's better if you really want to go out for a ride out of the city. I've ridden to Harlem and back and to zandvoort and back on this. I'll post some photos.

Good idea?

matty

Re: ACD Bike anyone?

Post by matty »

Apologies if this is in the wrong section? Admin please feel free to move it if needsbe?
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

matty wrote: Sat 19th Aug 2017 08:36 pm IOne is a limit 2800 men's single speed hand brake and pedal brake bike with a back rack and a bell, perfect for nipping around between chores or coffee shops. The other is an 18 speed racing bike with low wrap around handles.
It's a lovely idea, but the odds aren't very good on finding them again if they're out on the street for more than a couple of days, in most cities and particularly in Amsterdam. There's a reason for all those parking facilities.
matty

Post by matty »

They are both pretty carefully locked up right now so as long as each person who uses them locks them properly somewhere safe on a bike stand There'll be fine. I've left a bike here for 8 months and the only thing it needed when I got back was a bit of air in the tyres and some oil spray stuff for the workings, easy!
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Amazing idea! I would be very happy indeed to partake in this scheme and would gladly contribute to the upkeep of said steed. I shall add a hand pump, puncture repair kit and small can of wd40 to my pack mule :)
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Great.
Bloody.
Idea.
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
djreign

Post by djreign »

Lovely idea and very kind. I always hire a bike, so much easier getting around.

Massive Props to you.
Kenshiro

Post by Kenshiro »

As said in mchat..I agree with others and would make great use of this having never got round to renting a bike during my AMS travels.

Maybe you could ask people to take a time stamped/geo tagged picture when locking it up and post in the thread or to yourself..just to make sure it has been returned and safely put away again?
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

Super Idea.

Was mulling it over since I saw your chat post.
Mull 1. Really like the idea, as i always bike in AMS.
Mull 2. Long term parking location is critical. There is a bike declutter strategy in town where areas are cleared of parked up bikes with shortish notice ( don't know how long but have seen notices attached to railings and things with notification of imminent bike clearances).
and
Mull 3. Would prefer to see a keyed locking system if that were possible, but where to leave the key ????

All in all , Great idea and very kind of you to offer your fleet Matty.
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
AmDamMan

Post by AmDamMan »

Hey,
What happened with this? I'm there a week today and one would come in handy. I'd of course take care of any maintenance needs while there and return it safely.
matty

Post by matty »

Send me a pm and I'll send u location and pass code
AmDamMan

Post by AmDamMan »

matty wrote: Mon 11th Sep 2017 03:09 pm Send me a pm and I'll send u location and pass code
Have sent you a message mate
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

???
matty

Post by matty »

looks like this hasn't worked out as i'd planned - according to reports one of the bikes has been vandalised and the other stolen/removed by the council in a sweep. I am out over new year so will check for sure. Sorry guys, was a nice idea but in hindsight perhaps a little on the optimistic side
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

Shit, that's a pity, was a nice idea !

It's a DANGEROUS city for Stray Bikes. :(