ACD Mission Barcelona November - all welcome!

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Lemming
Site Admin

ACD Mission Barcelona November - all welcome!

Post by Lemming »

This was actually Macky's inspiration (see here). He's now dropped out and is concentrating on his big party in a year's time (although hopefully we'll still see him in Amsterdam next April). Meanwhile I still fancy this trip to Barca and Papi is up for tour guiding us around the cannabis clubs so it has potential to be a brilliant session.

We haven't set anything in stone yet but please post here if you'd like to join us and we can discuss the finer details. I'm envisaging something like our 4/20 Gatherings except in Spain.

Mr Incognito

Re: ACD Mission Barcelona November - all welcome!

Post by Mr Incognito »

Do you have any specific dates in mind? I fancy an expedition and have an excuse to be in Barcelona 13-16 November .....
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I'm thinking probably a long weekend, maybe 3rd to 7th or 11th to 14th. Quite flexible though. We'll see whether anyone else is up for it and what they favour. And whatever Papi prefers, of course.

I talked a lot about visiting Barcelona last year but didn't get it together. This year I want to make it happen.

Just been reading sNc's travelogue so I'm even more enthused now! C'mon people, who's up for this?
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

I'd be interested, because I've never actually spent any time in Spain apart from travelling through it, and the clubs sound intriguing if intimidating. But I won't know until much nearer the date if I can. Around the middle of the month, which others seem to be favouring, looks pretty good for cheap flights and accommodation.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Yep, hotels and flights look quite reasonable in November. I think I'll do some booking within the next week or so.

Why should Barcelona clubs be any more intimidating than Amsterdam coffeeshops?

I've only been to Barcelona once but I loved it. Beautiful architecture and cool Spanish siesta and fiesta culture. Very much looking forward to going back, especially now it has the added attraction of cannabis clubs. Be even better if a few of you people were to join us.
Papi

Post by Papi »

Ok guys, I'll look around this weekend as well, i have flights always on wendesday and sunday so it's gonna be wed-sun i think
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
Fat_old_dwarf

Post by Fat_old_dwarf »

Lemming wrote: Fri 1st Sep 2017 04:48 pmWhy should Barcelona clubs be any more intimidating than Amsterdam coffeeshops?
It's the membership thing, innit? All the various ins and outs of how it works, things not necessarily working out, etc. Add that to not knowing the city (and so wanting to see more of it than smoking clubs), and it sounds like it could be somewhere on the frantic to disappointment scale of trips. In the Netherlands you walk into an establishment, decide whether it's worth buying from, staying for a smoke or neither, so it's more like part of normal life, the way a pub is. Or how normal life should be.
back2thedam

Post by back2thedam »

If I'm walking by then I'll be there, these old broken bones could use the warmth, lol
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Sadly for me the membership part puts me out tbh, pushes it over what I would like to spend on a stoner trip and it's Euro I would rather slap on weed tbh (#dirtyaddict).Looking forward to reading the trip reports though, be as close as I get to the Spanish scene tbh. Enjoy :mrgreen: 8)
Papi

Post by Papi »

Kermit wrote: Mon 4th Sep 2017 01:02 am Sadly for me the membership part puts me out tbh, pushes it over what I would like to spend on a stoner trip and it's Euro I would rather slap on weed tbh (#dirtyaddict).Looking forward to reading the trip reports though, be as close as I get to the Spanish scene tbh. Enjoy :mrgreen: 8)

Cost of the membership is practically refunded within your 1st purchase if you compare prices to Amsterdam:D
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

back2thedam wrote: Sun 3rd Sep 2017 06:39 pm If I'm walking by then I'll be there, these old broken bones could use the warmth, lol
Hope you make it. Be good to catch up after so long.

So what dates are we all favouring?

Mr Incognito mentioned 13th to 16th (Mon-Thu) and Papi Wednesday to Sunday (8-12, 15-19 or 22-26). That seems to point towards the weekend of 18th/19th as a centre point, so anytime around 15th to 20th or thereabouts. What do you think?

This is a little later than I'd originally thought but no problem. Later might mean a degree or two cooler but flights and hotels will probably be a bit cheaper so it's all good.

Shall we settle on around that weekend then?
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Papi wrote: Mon 4th Sep 2017 08:12 am
Kermit wrote: Mon 4th Sep 2017 01:02 am Sadly for me the membership part puts me out tbh, pushes it over what I would like to spend on a stoner trip and it's Euro I would rather slap on weed tbh (#dirtyaddict).Looking forward to reading the trip reports though, be as close as I get to the Spanish scene tbh. Enjoy :mrgreen: 8)

Cost of the membership is practically refunded within your 1st purchase if you compare prices to Amsterdam:D
From what I have read with membership the price is the same as Amsterdam and only savings I can see is if you spend your time in one place, I like to hit a min of around 10 shops in the dam (10x15e weed=150e) in Barca that's 200E for membership alone before weed price on top if it was possible to visit that many in Barca. Fair enough it's a different scene being along the social club route and more targeted towards residents who will make savings in the long run. I just can't see the saving tbh, but enjoy and I like trip reports coz they are freeeeeeeeeee! :mrgreen:
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

A bit negative there Mr Kermit. Will endeavour to sort out a travelogue for you though. Having said that, I haven't finished my Amsterdam one from April yet!
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Any comments on dates then? I'll probably be booking tomorrow. Will aim around 15th to 20th area unless anyone suggests otherwise.
Lemming
Site Admin

We're booked!

Post by Lemming »

Well flights at least. Arriving early on Thursday 16th November. Departing evening Monday 20th November.