Must of seen that band?

Tunes, bands and gigs.

Moderators: Balou, 2rollingstoned

macky

Must of seen that band?

Post by macky »

Just rolling up some Durban with Afgani hash,getting ready for the show. Going to see the Hip….Tragicaly Hip for you none Canadian,s. This band is the most loved Canadian band,that,s saying something just Google Canadian musicians. There lyrics are mostly based on are history,very cool stuff. There first album was made in 1987,self titled. They have 13 albums,this tours called Fully completely ,the name of there 1992 album one of there best. Tonight there in a arena not far away and on Canada day were going to see them out doors on lake Ontario. If you would like to listen to something a little different,or if you get a chance to see the tour take it. "It,s a good life, if you don,t weaken" Hope you can take in an outdoor show this summer :mrgreen:

Adamster

Re: Must of seen that band?

Post by Adamster »

Love the tragicaly hip saw them 12-13 times :mrgreen:
Have great show ! They playing indoors or out?
Can't smoke anything here indoors anymore you'll get kicked out of the concert ;(
Just last month at Australian pink Floyd 5 guys in my row got booted after lighting up ...
Hope at acdc I find a way to get high without getting booted from the stadium ..
macky

Post by macky »

@amster tonight in door, Canada day outdoors. Seen acdc front row centre sky dome .great band .Angus is one of the best have fun. Seen HIP like 40 times love Gordy baby,'Spitting from a bridge,just to see how far down it really is" :lol:
Adamster

Post by Adamster »

I was at Woodstock 99 n you should of seen the crowd when the hit started signing o"Canada :mrgreen:
Very classy of them .., got booed n everyone started throwing water bottle on stage :mrgreen:
Then month after they gave the best show ever in mtl !
Yeah acdc getting old it's why I'm seeing them one last time (3erd time I see them ) can't wait !
Just hope I can get high during the concert n bring my cam inside the stadium :|
macky

Post by macky »

Two shows in three nights ,just a great way to spent Canada day! Band was on fire , played older song list. Good times…."Courage could,t come at a worst time" :lol:
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

hey bro hope you are well. saw the hip 3 times in 2015, including the Canada day show... rocked it
Amsterdam dreaming.............
macky

Post by macky »

TwoCanucks wrote:hey bro hope you are well. saw the hip 3 times in 2015, including the Canada day show... rocked it
All good here! Hope all well with you and the misses? Waiting for legalization,till then off to the Dam in april :D ………..roll on 420 :mrgreen:
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Bumping an old thread here... man broke down in tears watching Long Time Running when it first aired. Very tough getting through Gord's passing. Never felt that way about any "celebrity/musician". Very different, almost like a family member passing. hip were defo the soundtrack of my life, the highs the lows, the even lower days and the best days. we made a pilgrimage to Kingston the weekend after his death. went to the memorials around city hall and the arena. met the owner of steve's record option music store. great guy, shared his stories of the band coming in and going through the blues section. gave me a copy of introduce yerself before it went on sale to the public. grabbed some shirts and a vinyl copy of secret path.

2.5 hr drive each way. was very cathartic experience, feel better for having said goodbye to a special person (and an amazing band)

i may have written this already in another thread, but hey whatever.
Amsterdam dreaming.............
macky

Post by macky »

TwoCanucks wrote: Sat 11th Nov 2017 03:39 am Bumping an old thread here... man broke down in tears watching Long Time Running when it first aired. Very tough getting through Gord's passing. Never felt that way about any "celebrity/musician". Very different, almost like a family member passing. hip were defo the soundtrack of my life, the highs the lows, the even lower days and the best days. we made a pilgrimage to Kingston the weekend after his death. went to the memorials around city hall and the arena. met the owner of steve's record option music store. great guy, shared his stories of the band coming in and going through the blues section. gave me a copy of introduce yerself before it went on sale to the public. grabbed some shirts and a vinyl copy of secret path.

2.5 hr drive each way. was very cathartic experience, feel better for having said goodbye to a special person (and an amazing band)

i may have written this already in another thread, but hey whatever.
Gutted is the word,hard for none Canadian too understand ...It,s a hip thing ...."Well I,m fabulously rich... :D