El Circulo, Barcelona

Moderator: Papi

glock23

El Circulo, Barcelona

Post by glock23 »

BCD page: El Circulo

Address: Carrer del Rec, 62, 08003 Barcelona
Opening hours: Sat- Tue 11-24, Wed-Fri 11-01

Joined the club by getting an invite through MarijuanaGames.org. This cost me a whopping 35 Euros at the door, but on the signup sheet, I noticed someone was charged 20 Euros, so you can probably email directly.

The club is SLICK. Great live DJ on the day I signed up, that I enjoyed thoroughly. Prices are not clearly indicated so you don't even know what you're being charged unless you ask, which I did not like. Prices were around Amsterdam level and the weed was good. The hash was decent, but oddly smelled like black Indian or Nepalese charas. Bit pricey at 20 Euros a gram, and the tester smelled better than the hash in the jar they pulled my gram from.

The weed was good and everything is set up on computers and tablets so you can flick through the selections. Each strain's indica/sativa ratio is on the screens. The club sells some edibles, I think, as well as CBD oil, hash oil pens, etc. Nice clientele too, and lots of English speakers working at the tables.

Russ Hudson, who runs marijuanagames, must be raking in a few hundred Euro a day on invites. Pretty sweet automated system for the invites, too, so it makes money for him without him doing anything anymore!

Papi

Re: El Circulo, Barcelona

Post by Papi »

glock23 wrote: Sat 4th Nov 2017 05:59 pm Joined the club by getting an invite through MarijuanaGames.org. This cost me a whopping 35 Euros at the door, but on the signup sheet, I noticed someone was charged 20 Euros, so you can probably email directly.

The club is SLICK. Great live DJ on the day I signed up, that I enjoyed thoroughly. Prices are not clearly indicated so you don't even know what you're being charged unless you ask, which I did not like. Prices were around Amsterdam level and the weed was good. The hash was decent, but oddly smelled like black Indian or Nepalese charas. Bit pricey at 20 Euros a gram, and the tester smelled better than the hash in the jar they pulled my gram from.

The weed was good and everything is set up on computers and tablets so you can flick through the selections. Each strain's indica/sativa ratio is on the screens. The club sells some edibles, I think, as well as CBD oil, hash oil pens, etc. Nice clientele too, and lots of English speakers working at the tables.

Russ Hudson, who runs marijuanagames, must be raking in a few hundred Euro a day on invites. Pretty sweet automated system for the invites, too, so it makes money for him without him doing anything anymore!

Damn man, Russ has been running this site and getting ppl invites to some more touristy places for a long time.
35e membership fee? And 15e for weed, 20e for hash, you got kinda ripped off man, should've messaged me first.
They can't show you the prices on the menu cause technically you're not buying weed in the club, you're only charging your account and then use the premises along with the gear offered there and it counts as a voluntary donation for the club.
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
glock23

Post by glock23 »

Yup, should've messaged you or one of the clubs directamente en espanyol. I did message a club right by me in Spanish and they were happy to have me come by (Panda). El proximo vez, voy a mandarle un mensaje. :D

Someone I met paid only 10 Euros a gram for hash that smelled better and melted better than what I got from Circulo. :o That was from Sticky Born and he was given 20 Euros credit for bringing the club members, so he got two grams for free!

Circulo is a really nice place, but you pay for the nice surroundings and the weed and hash could be better. I wonder if the Boveda packs they use affect the aroma.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

glock23 wrote: Tue 7th Nov 2017 04:01 am I wonder if the Boveda packs they use affect the aroma.
No. Been using them for years.
They help prevent product from drying out that's all
Papi

Post by Papi »

To be honest, I'm quite suprised to hear about some really good gear from Sticky Born since it's (along with Sticky Green) one of the tourist traps. I'd add Remedy, Dam Square, Dragon(or Zen or whatever name they have now), Arabica Lounge, and basically everything that covers Ramblas(apart from StrainHunters):)
glock23

Post by glock23 »

Papi wrote: Tue 7th Nov 2017 10:49 am To be honest, I'm quite suprised to hear about some really good gear from Sticky Born since it's (along with Sticky Green) one of the tourist traps. I'd add Remedy, Dam Square, Dragon(or Zen or whatever name they have now), Arabica Lounge, and basically everything that covers Ramblas(apart from StrainHunters):)
Right, I was suprised too, but I checked out the 10 Euro hash from Sticky and it looked and smelled great. Apparently it was nicely melty as well, so good value!
Papi

Post by Papi »

glock23 wrote: Thu 9th Nov 2017 05:22 am
Papi wrote: Tue 7th Nov 2017 10:49 am To be honest, I'm quite suprised to hear about some really good gear from Sticky Born since it's (along with Sticky Green) one of the tourist traps. I'd add Remedy, Dam Square, Dragon(or Zen or whatever name they have now), Arabica Lounge, and basically everything that covers Ramblas(apart from StrainHunters):)
Right, I was suprised too, but I checked out the 10 Euro hash from Sticky and it looked and smelled great. Apparently it was nicely melty as well, so good value!
I guess that the exception just proves the rule:)
glock23

Post by glock23 »

Ever heard of Panda on Independencia? :)
Basswee

Post by Basswee »

Hello everyone,

I'll be happy to help you and make reviews after visiting a lot of clubs as I live here..
Indeed, the different kind of promoters are having an interest in inviting you in their most "interesting" place ...being on internet or in the streets. Also all the clubs who have open doors, aka : welcoming you without recommendation or being a guest of someone (avalador), telling you to come by on internet, ..are surely not the ones to go in order to feel the difference of level from Amsterdam ;)
Then they are those associations like Circulo (la Mesa was nice too and closed, same place, "new owners"..) who looks really nice and do nice stuff but...

I personally seek : quality, affordable prices and a chill atmosphere first of all.
I'm glad when talking about quality I see the level getting higher and found the little gem of association which are setting the new standards (thanks to the cups for connoisseurs and the local scene / community ). Those people aren't focus on the hype but more on the work and on preparing the future, ... Really doing the thing in house ! Real association ! I can't say much more but I'll feel free to share even more in private and in the corresponding threads ..