Tilburg allowing foreigners in CS from March 1st to Oct 1st

Culture, Events, Tourism, Living and Working there, etc.
Nootram

Tilburg allowing foreigners in CS from March 1st to Oct 1st

Post by Nootram »

Source in NL

The experiment will run from March 1st to October 1st and if things go well, they might consider to extend it.

Used to go a lot in Tilburg 10 years ago and I've mostly good story about there.

Google translation of the article :

Tilburg leaves foreigners in coffee shops from 1 March. Mayor Theo Weterings wrote that to the city council on Wednesday. The experiment is going to take half a year.
In 2012, it was decided that coffeeshops in the south of the Netherlands were no longer allowed to sell to foreigners because of the fight against drug tourism. In some places there has never been strict supervision and other municipalities have slowly relaxed the rules.

Tilburg has already allowed coffeeshop visits by foreigners during two major music festivals. '' With this, good experiences have been gained because, among other things, it has led to less inconvenience. The logical next step is a longer trial period. I want to measure whether the international visit to coffee shops continues to run smoothly, '' said the mayor.

If the experiences are positive, the municipality will relax the rules for a longer period of time, Weterings also announces.

Marok21

Re: Tilburg allowing foreigners in CS from March 1st to Oct 1st

Post by Marok21 »

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good news :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Toermalijn!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nice hopefully Maastricht and so on will follow :wink:
RoMoney

Re: Tilburg allowing foreigners in CS from March 1st to Oct 1st

Post by RoMoney »

Marok21 wrote: Thu 22nd Feb 2018 06:46 pm YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good news :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Toermalijn!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nice hopefully Maastricht and so on will follow :wink:
I will be there in July to visit the famous Toermalijn. I would encourage you all to visit the local tourist office and make sure they know the only reason you went to Tilburg was for their famous coffeeshop. Google maps link below for the Tilburg Tourist Office. There's literally nothing else worth doing in Tilburg based on my research. They have a textile museum. Jesus help me, that's the worst I've seen since the Slate museum in Wales.

https://www.google.ie/maps/dir/''/tilbu ... 51.5596422
Bring back Imelda Marcos!