Amsterdam launches campaign against misbehaving tourists

Culture, Events, Tourism, Living and Working there, etc.
Nuggz

Re: Amsterdam launches campaign against misbehaving tourists

Post by Nuggz »

redeyezman wrote: Sat 2nd Jun 2018 03:14 pm
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sat 2nd Jun 2018 03:06 pm
redeyezman wrote: Sat 2nd Jun 2018 02:44 pm

Ad hominem in debates proves you don't have valid points. Can you control your emotions? If you have valid well thought out points you'd be able to. Funny how THAT works.

We've not hung out....unless you consider this hanging out.... Which I dont know why you would, short of be very lonely.
The irony is so rich here, but keep practicing I think you'll take gold in the mental gymnastics event at the next Olympics guy!!!
Mental gymnastics? Thats a conservative talking point. Are you sure your're not playing both wings of the same bird? Right wing/Left wing/same bird.
Jesus dude, now your recycling of old tired schticks is no longer restricted to Floyd lyrics well kudos...that's what we call evolution...not that you likely believe in such concepts or anything...

redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sat 2nd Jun 2018 03:18 pm
redeyezman wrote: Sat 2nd Jun 2018 03:14 pm
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sat 2nd Jun 2018 03:06 pm

The irony is so rich here, but keep practicing I think you'll take gold in the mental gymnastics event at the next Olympics guy!!!
Mental gymnastics? Thats a conservative talking point. Are you sure your're not playing both wings of the same bird? Right wing/Left wing/same bird.
Jesus dude, now your recycling of old tired schticks is no longer restricted to Floyd lyrics well kudos...that's what we call evolution...not that you likely believe in such concepts or anything...
Micro or macro evolution? Oh you didn't know there is 2 classifications eh? Micro has been proved very thoroughly. Macro, not at all. But please explain how everything came to be from molten rock.
Shells sink. Dreams float.
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Molten Rock + Everything Else = Misbehaving Tourists. 8)
macky

Post by macky »

Are we sure this guy,s not Jessicass ? Because there weekends at the college did not turn out like they planned :D Visions of there own imagination ...you guy,s just don,t get it ....like us highly intellectually dudes :lol:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

(no message)
Last edited by Nuggz on Mon 4th Jun 2018 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

This is way i havent been on here and channels , the bashing needs to stop,

Matty
macky

Post by macky »

redeyezman wrote: Fri 1st Jun 2018 11:55 pm Fixing the unintended consequences of feminisim with more social manipulation attempts
Quate.

We could be snowflakes and let this go ,then we would be like Americains with Trump :D
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

matty223 wrote: Mon 4th Jun 2018 12:34 pm This is way i havent been on here and channels , the bashing needs to stop,

Matty
It's certainly ugly to watch and I'm sorry that it's kept you away, that's a real shame as your contribution here is always appreciated by myself and many others I'm sure.

Having said that - I beleive that unfortunately it's impossible to stop people arguing entriely in a(ny) public forum without resorting to censorship, which would be worse. Who becomes the arbiter of what's deemed offensive? The Forum does have a Politricks category; which is a catalyst nee outright invitation for the public butting of heads. I'd suggest the removal of that category if we want the forum to be less combatative.

I'm not averse to online confrontation personally. People argue, it's human nature. And I'd defend my right to offend someone to the death - because the opposing ideology of censorship is nothing more than closing down of an opposing viewpoint and that's the beginnings of a ideological tram-smash of a fundamentalist hardcore left-leaning nanny-state that I wouldn't care to take part in at any level.

My personal feeling is it's best just to let those with the energy to bickerget on with it and ignore it. Getting involved isn't the answer; nor is telling other people how to behave. People calling each other names doesn't offend me particularly - worse things have happened.

I hope the summer madness dies down a bit so that you feel like coming here a bit more often again.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

OneHighMofo wrote: Mon 4th Jun 2018 01:14 pm
matty223 wrote: Mon 4th Jun 2018 12:34 pm This is way i havent been on here and channels , the bashing needs to stop,

Matty
It's certainly ugly to watch and I'm sorry that it's kept you away, that's a real shame as your contribution here is always appreciated by myself and many others I'm sure.

Having said that - I beleive that unfortunately it's impossible to stop people arguing entriely in a(ny) public forum without resorting to censorship, which would be worse. Who becomes the arbiter of what's deemed offensive? The Forum does have a Politricks category; which is a catalyst nee outright invitation for the public butting of heads. I'd suggest the removal of that category if we want the forum to be less combatative.

I'm not averse to online confrontation personally. People argue, it's human nature. And I'd defend my right to offend someone to the death - because the opposing ideology of censorship is nothing more than closing down of an opposing viewpoint and that's the beginnings of a ideological tram-smash of a fundamentalist hardcore left-leaning nanny-state that I wouldn't care to take part in at any level.

My personal feeling is it's best just to let those with the energy to bickerget on with it and ignore it. Getting involved isn't the answer; nor is telling other people how to behave. People calling each other names doesn't offend me particularly - worse things have happened.

I hope the summer madness dies down a bit so that you feel like coming here a bit more often again.
Very very well stated. Human nature gon' human nature, I gots no time for pseudo-piety on the interwebs ya hear!
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

To add to that, anybody truly wishing to avoid bashing, arguements and all other general forms of stupid shit-talk should probably just avoid the internet altogether, especially any platform allowing direct user feedback i.e. commenting, and especially, especially message boards/forums.

It's like a Muslim walking into a bar and being up in arms that they sell alcohol there, it just comes with the territory.

Anyway rant: ON - [OFF]

Have a great day everyone!

Edit: not that I'm saying it's ideal, but let's be real most of the people who attract the ire of myself and others know full well what they're doing kicking the hornet's nest so to speak - poke the the bear, don't be surprised when your face gets pawed into a gash by the ole grizzly, quite simple really.

I can think of four particularly troublesome individuals: Grom, Redeyez, Jesscass and Monster who go out of their way to stir the pot, not gonna pretend I'm innocent for even a second - but most of my (and other's) worst exchanges have resulted from one of those four firing the first shot.
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Tue 5th Jun 2018 11:27 am
I can think of four particularly troublesome individuals: Grom, Redeyez, Jesscass and Monster who go out of their way to stir the pot, not gonna pretend I'm innocent for even a second - but most of my (and other's) worst exchanges have resulted from one of those four firing the first shot.
I have never fired a shot, or addressed you, until you targeted me. See what you do is lend offence, then act slighted. It's a very common face-to-face troll tactic people do in real life in abundance, so when you do it online you believe you are being authentic to who you are, but you you are, as you admitted above, is less than stellar.
redeyezman

Post by redeyezman »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sat 2nd Jun 2018 09:53 pm (no message)
I wonder what you wrote that you later regretted... Or feared being used to point to you're true character.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

redeyezman wrote: Thu 21st Jun 2018 12:30 am
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sat 2nd Jun 2018 09:53 pm (no message)
I wonder what you wrote that you later regretted... Or feared being used to point to you're true character.
Your*
Popeye

Post by Popeye »

This is geat news. One of my favourite things to see in Amsterdam is a drunk as fuck English lad getting huckled by 2.5m police. :lol:
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Popeye wrote: Thu 21st Jun 2018 09:25 am This is geat news. One of my favourite things to see in Amsterdam is a drunk as fuck English lad getting huckled by 2.5m police. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh yeah, back in "the good old days" when there were coffeeshops in Warmoesstraat we would laugh our asses off watching just such entertaining sights! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's hope it doesn't translate into a crackdown on stoners besides the drunken goofs!

CC
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol: