Old Quarter

Accommodation related topics.
ftcarer

Re: Old Quarter

Post by ftcarer »

stokey wrote:I stayed in H9 last year and as you can see from the stuart1976's pictures it is one seriously fucked up room, can't barely stand up straight in it, beams across the middle of the room and that weird flap in the wall (which i couldn't figure out how to get it open, too much weed i guess). BUT for the price it was a bargain, bed was comfy, it was the only budget room I've had in Dam with a fridge in it and got a great breakfast thrown in too. If you are staying there for one night it isn't so bad.
where the fuck did they fit a fridge :shock: :lol: I never managed to use the little flap either :lol: :lol:

Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

Fridge or not The Rooms Just Plain Simple Shit. there was a big catch at the top of bit of wood, you guys must of been stoned not to notice it
TOBE

Post by TOBE »

I stayed here with a friend last year for 2 nights. It was a last minute job, I think we payed £90 each as it was so late.

Stayed in an ensuite double room which was really basic, but didn't expect nothing special.. who goes the dam to sit in the room all day? It was sound enough being able to have a joint before bed (or in bed :) ) rather than having to go outside in the cold.

Did need renovating though.. it's at the top of the Warmeosstraat, you walk in and go through a little doorway on the right up the stairs to the hotel, quite easy to find.

There's definatley better options out there..
ain't nothin wrong with a lil' marijuana..
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Excellent stay here this trip :mrgreen: walked in , recognised by the staff , girl checking me in , who's been there every time , looks at my booking & says "no you are not having this room , I will move you into a bigger room, then you can check straight in " :mrgreen: sweet :) twin room , single price :mrgreen: only ate here this trip aswell :mrgreen:
Pea soup & hutspot(sp) with a huge meatball , yum fucking yum yum :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jordano

Post by jordano »

Having stayed here lots of times the lovely tattoeed girl seems to have taken a liking for us and always offers us a few drinks on the house and gives us larger rooms.....I enjoy the cozy feel simelar to an old "real" pub back home. Also stay at the old nickel which is the sister hotel....also good but having to be in your room by 4am or being locked out sucks.
DeanPF

Post by DeanPF »

Was a bit nervous for my December the 7th trip hearing about the awful H9 room, turned out I had room H8 and it was awesome. Plenty of room, nice bed and a fridge for brewski's. Looking to get an apartment next trip but will prob stay here again - nice scran too
Safe as Fuck
DeanPF
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Another great stay :mrgreen: great double room , view looking out towards the tour boats & Prix d'Ami , great staff very helpful as always :mrgreen: lovely food :mrgreen: we're planning on cancelling our apartment & re-booking here for when we return :mrgreen:
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

had room 1. was good enough thin but long with 2 good sized windows at end. laura was on stunning form this trip. ft mentioned old quarter have sold building opposite so no risk of anyone getting room H9 now.. (WooHoo!!)
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

stuart1976 wrote:had room 1. was good enough thin but long with 2 good sized windows at end. laura was on stunning form this trip. ft mentioned old quarter have sold building opposite so no risk of anyone getting room H9 now.. (WooHoo!!)
I was told this (1 of the newer staff I haven't seen before)but , they were wrong, so I was wrong when I told you :( :lol:
H9 LIVES :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: (the building is still being used anyway)
When we were leaving , the couple checking in front of us were shown over to the H9 building .
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

asked for a quote for october ,on same double as 420,(€110? per night ) €185 :shock: per night now & a single ,single was quoted at €85 :shock: ,offered me a deal of €125 and €60 instead because i've stayed a few times, they said the hike was due to the new owners, we're planning a 5 nighter so thats nearly a grand :shock: fuck that :evil: we have an apartment for 3 booked for the same time for less than €600 :) might be done with OQ now,shame as i do like it there ,hopefully still have dinner there though :wink:
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

we got quoted stupid as well.. they wanted £185 for a twin room for 1 night (for 4th(friday) may). im doing an apartment as well next trip at those bloody prices :D
deebzy75

Post by deebzy75 »

dont want to bump pointless threads but i used to stay her a lot up until 2013-4? and it was good for the price...when the new owners took over the prices went crazy but with little room improvement and big signs everywhere in the rooms stating 200 euro fine for smoking.. going next month and their prices are fuckin ridiculous now when i looked as a back up but thank god dam city came through
AceRimmer77

Post by AceRimmer77 »

My wife and i used to saty here all the time up to 2010 and we used to love having a drink here and a bite to eat, we went in back in may and asked if the kitchen was open and they didn't serve food just snacks, can't see us being back.