Day trip recommedations

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Frankie_cheeseboy ;)

Day trip recommedations

Post by Frankie_cheeseboy ;) »

Hello, am planning a 3-nighter for end of September, most probably staying in Haarlem. I'm just after recommendations for places to visit for a day trip (besides Amsterdam of course :lol: ) that have both a place(s) of interest, and just as important, decent coffeeshops, as I will be wanting to go in at least one wherever I end up.
Possibilites I've got so far are:

1) Den Haag- On the fence about this one, heard theres some decent coffeeshops but don't know much about what else there is to see and do besides checking out a few government buildings.

2) Zandvoort- Been considering this on previous trips but never got round to going, this time could be the one. One definite pro is its proximity to Haarlem, would be fun to cycle there providing I know where I'm going.

3) Rotterdam- Again, been considering this for a while. Reckon its a place I'd enjoy exploring but would need to find somewhere to chill and chong at some point and I've heard a lot of Rotterdam shops are buy and fly only.

So yeah, still plenty of time to decide, anyone with suggestions or info please let me know.
Peace out :mrgreen:

notsofasteddie

Re: Day trip recommedations

Post by notsofasteddie »

Hey,

I'd go for Door #2 Zandvoort! You get to ride a bike and hit the beach, a nudist beach if you want. There's two (2) decent coffeeshops - Yanks and Key West. Another cool place close by is Zuid-Kennemerland National Park where you can see European Bison.

The proximity would make Zandvoort a good fit for a three (3) nighter!
Frankie_cheeseboy ;)

notsofasteddie wrote: Wed 8th Aug 2018 12:53 am Hey,

I'd go for Door #2 Zandvoort! You get to ride a bike and hit the beach, a nudist beach if you want. There's two (2) decent coffeeshops - Yanks and Key West. Another cool place close by is Zuid-Kennemerland National Park where you can see European Bison.

The proximity would make Zandvoort a good fit for a three (3) nighter!
Cool man, thanks for the pointers, now thinking about it, going to Zandvoort would definitely bring something different to the trip as I'll be doing the usual day trip into Amsterdam by train on at least one of the other days. :wink:
madmaxxx

Post by madmaxxx »

yanks is a very nice cs.they raised thete game last couple of years
Pierre von Mondragon

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

madmaxxx wrote: Wed 8th Aug 2018 10:30 am yanks is a very nice cs.they raised thete game last couple of years
Yeah, it's fucking huge, decent ambience, menu is pretty big, and the stuff I got, forgot what it was, was good.
Frankie_cheeseboy ;)

Pierre von Mondragon wrote: Wed 8th Aug 2018 01:18 pm
madmaxxx wrote: Wed 8th Aug 2018 10:30 am yanks is a very nice cs.they raised thete game last couple of years
Yeah, it's fucking huge, decent ambience, menu is pretty big, and the stuff I got, forgot what it was, was good.
Sound, will have to drop in, was checking the last posted menu from yanks looks like they got a decent hash menu me likey :mrgreen:
Whats Key West like? Only heard that they used to be Haarlem-based n moved to Zandvoort when Hunters took over their old premises.