Couple friendly coffeeshops

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Cudi_420

Couple friendly coffeeshops

Post by Cudi_420 »

Hey all,

Been a while since I posted here. I return every now and then to read travelogues and reviews and the like. My first trip to Amsterdam in 5 years, after having visited 3 times in the 6 years leading up to that last visit.

The first three times I was in town, I was with friends who kind of hung on my every word and were easily impressed. I'll be with my wife this time around, and so I'm a little more particular with the coffeeshops I'm choosing.

To elaborate: she is kind of "up market" in her tastes, and while she does smoke, I want to ensure I'm taking her to, I guess, the "coolest" places that will make her say, "Yeah great vibe here". I hope that makes sense. I'm far easier to please and adapt to environments, she's not as street smart so ultimately I want to avoid "loud" and grundgy places.

Ideally I guess what I'm looking for is couple-friendly coffeeshops that are centrally located, although willing to venture out a bit (but not too far). Places where we can sit down at a table and not be bothered by loud douchebags, with chilled music and good service.

I have read through many reviews but none really touch on this, and I think it would be important for future visitors :) Thanks!

EDIT: Also any chilled smoker friendly bars in the city centre with a nice view (of anything, really)

Kermit

Re: Couple friendly coffeeshops

Post by Kermit »

Het Ballontje,solo,New Times, Dutch flowers, Barneys Lounge, Old Church (near Rembrandt plein), Get down to it,La Tertulia,Siberie,katsu,yo yo,Paradox, Mr k's, Rookies, and Amnesia.
All comfortable to sit and chill with the missus, maybe not the best product though especially suck arse siberie. :shock:
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

The Paradox has a nice clean rest room, 8) have fun and take her to the “Purse and Pocketbook Museum” as well as the “Church in the Attic” two small really cool museums to go to between coffeeshops :D
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
RedGecko58

Post by RedGecko58 »

Having just returned from my second trip (and about to go on my third next week) as a couple my recommendations would be;

Dampkring - Our favourite shop, simply more upmarket feel than most coffeeshops 'weed shop' feel.

Het Ballontje - Near the Zoo, ultra stoned tourists, nice area.

De Overkant Hortus - Near the botanical gardens - quieter shop simply but nice.

Greenhouse - Favourite in the Red Light District, try get window seats or outside around 4, stay to watch it get busy!

Boerejongens - The best weed and hash in town with a dispensary style front - there is a smoking art but I have never used it.

Overall I find most other shops uninviting to couples, so I get what you are looking for also my partner doesn't smoke that much so is less comfortable with the more rundown coffeeshops :lol: :lol: :lol:
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Kermit called it, Het Ballonetje would be our #1 pick. At the very top of the flowers game in Amsterdam in our view, some of the best service in the city, very chilled and “local” shop, without it being “too local”, great coffee, open and inviting space. It’s got everything! :mrgreen:

Also from previous recommendations: Katsu, Mr. K, Solo, Yoyo and Paradox will all (from time to time and in varying degrees) have good to great products and also all have a special (and chilled) vibe to them. La T., Sibirie, Rookies and Amnesia are all nice places to hang, but their products are very much lacking compared to other places (from our own experience and recent reports here), and Dampkring has a nice (but expensive) hash selection and can be a cool place to hang, but gets very crowded and also quite loud. Anyways YMMV with some of these, but reasonable picks all for a good CS experience...

There are also plenty of other shops to pick from, among our favorites (that are both also very well suited for couples) are Baba and Bluebird, both a bit out of the center (Baba much more so than Bluebird), but well worth the trip. 2e Kamer seems small (and is compared to others mentioned here), but we almost always get seats there. Their hash selection is great, the service as well, and they do some of the best coffee in the city. Bonus info: hop next doors (literally!) and get a box of the best f00king cookies on the planet from Van Stapele Koekmakerij, you can eat them with your coffee (and joints) in 2e and they are out of this world good when they are fresh and hot! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

For smokers’ friendly bars Batavia stands heads and shoulders above all else. Get downstairs to the batcave and wait for the window seat (or get there early and its usually open) and you are seated right at the canal (you can put your hand in the water if your arms are long enough) in a place where you can smoke (and dab and…) to you almost can’t walk back up the stairs. The staff there is awesome, although somewhat idiosyncratic and with an edge to them, especially Carrie who can be really “charming” (in a STFU-and-get-out-if-ya-don’t-behave-love kinda way) and they serve good food for the money. The clientele is a mix of locals, expats and the less “douchy tourist” types, and ofc whoever happens to be in the city from the ACD forum.

Kashmir Lounge is also a great smokers’ friendly bar, with DJ sets every week IWRC, fair prices and a cool vibe, plus great staff and clientele, but a bit out of the way. Be warned though, both of these places can get very smokey and may not be the most "upclass" in appearance. Kashmir is quite cool and very gezellig, though very dark. Upstaris batavia is a nice British pub, but the Batcave downstairs is a partyzone that can get a little loud. You can have an awesome time in both places, but they may not exactly be "first date" places... ;)
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Cudi_420

Post by Cudi_420 »

Thanks everyone :)

Stumbled into Coffeeshop Kooi next to the Old Amsterdam shop. Nice service, kicked off the trip with white widow pre-rolled, bit pricey but it was super tasty and the place is tiny and quiet which is what we were after.

Will take in a bit of what was offered above. Many thanks!
honeybadger

Post by honeybadger »

I think most coffeeshops without high frequency are good to chill and relax with your girlfriend without being disturbed. I liked the abraxas atmosphere therefore.
Essexturk420

Post by Essexturk420 »

I've jus came across this post , was much help answering the questions I was wondering , , I'm out in dam the first week of may , 2 boys 3 girls , only us boys are smokers was looking for a couple places we could chill and smoke and the girls could have a few cocktails
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Essexturk420 wrote: Sun 14th Apr 2019 09:38 am I've jus came across this post , was much help answering the questions I was wondering , , I'm out in dam the first week of may , 2 boys 3 girls , only us boys are smokers was looking for a couple places we could chill and smoke and the girls could have a few cocktails
Walk down warmoesstraat it’s pretty much all smoker friendly bars, pick the one that looks best and go get ya drink on.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Essexturk420

Post by Essexturk420 »

DjShaggy wrote: Sun 14th Apr 2019 10:05 am
Essexturk420 wrote: Sun 14th Apr 2019 09:38 am I've jus came across this post , was much help answering the questions I was wondering , , I'm out in dam the first week of may , 2 boys 3 girls , only us boys are smokers was looking for a couple places we could chill and smoke and the girls could have a few cocktails
Walk down warmoesstraat it’s pretty much all smoker friendly bars, pick the one that looks best and go get ya drink on.
Thank you bro gunna check that out now