How do ACD members get around??

Getting there and getting around.
CopenhagenCouple

Re: How do ACD members get around??

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

samuraiwriter wrote: Sun 29th Jul 2018 04:10 pm I'd rather not get in the way of responsible cyclists. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: You'll find few of those among ACD'ers if the qualifier is being anything close to sober on bikes... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Willjay wrote: Sat 28th Jul 2018 09:00 pm
Marok21 wrote: Sat 28th Jul 2018 03:18 pm
Willjay wrote: Fri 20th Jul 2018 11:37 pm Tram card scam on scan off
:thumbup: The 24 hour ticket cost around 7,50€ and it´s also possible to take the metro and buses...

Like said before the bike is maybe the best way to explore the city... but I saw so many accidents with bikes in the past in Amsterdam that I became a little more careful :roll: :lol: anyway there is nothing better to drive by bike on a sunny day through the quieter parts of Amsterdam :mrgreen:
I was trying to say Scan on Scan off in reference to the new card over the old stripkaart :lol:
:roll: :lol:
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Bike. Bike. Bike. I'm not gonna even warrant any of the inferior modes of transit with a half-ass explanation!
samuraiwriter

Post by samuraiwriter »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sun 29th Jul 2018 04:29 pm
samuraiwriter wrote: Sun 29th Jul 2018 04:10 pm I'd rather not get in the way of responsible cyclists. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: You'll find few of those among ACD'ers if the qualifier is being anything close to sober on bikes... :lol: :lol: :lol:
:oops: We don't "indulge" here at home. That said, during our annual visits, we have surely been in the way of responsible pedestrians as well! It can get messy. It's great fun. :oops:
woodz60

Post by woodz60 »

I'll concur with everyone suggesting that you rent a bicycle. A good idea before you go would be to practice riding aggressively at home, as cycling with the A'dam riders (of all ages) can be intimidating, especially after having smokey treats. Something not mentioned in this thread was to be careful whilst crossing tram tracks- if you cut across them at the wrong angle, they can grab a bicycle tire and send you flying!
I may be stoned, but don't take me for granite...
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Walk sometimes tram depending on time of year, used my own bike a few years back and also had an ebike which seriously can get you around extremely rapidly (make sure you can charge the thing), but these days I mainly walk. If I lived in the Damage I would use a push bike as I tend to do at home.

Please note, Any of these modes of transport could kill you in Amsterdam if used irresponsible including walking :shock: :lol: