Bud reviews. Varieties of marijuana.
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 07:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Marok21

Re: Best 'bang per buck' (indica) ice hash Anywhere in the Netherlands..?

Post by Marok21 »

kingbee wrote: Fri 12th Oct 2018 01:33 pm
Marok21 wrote: @Kingbee also remembered that someone said that Toermalijn in Tilburg had a "cheaper" Ice hash on the menu ... Toermalijn was a good spot in the past for getting ice hash but I don't know how it is 2018 ...
Hi again Marok21 - in regards to Toermalijn in Tilburg, I was just reading around the forum and saw that NUGS16 said that Tilburg have repealed the Wietpas, so Toermalijn becomes an option again for visitors looking for high quality :)

- Upon reading into it further, it seems they did a 6-month trial (like Eindhoven did a trial before repeating the Wietpas there too), and that was successful, so they canceled the Wietpas requirement earlier this year;)
Yes I think they are open for "tourists" again :mrgreen: but I didn´t found any info what happend with that trial period
now... it would be great when it was successful like u wrote :thumbup:

I still wasn´t there after they are open to all again... but my mate was there and was pretty happy with their so called "Top Shelf" weed... they have a few "lab tested" strains on offer that will be sold only in glass jars for around 50€(3,5g) and is marked as "Top Shelf"... That reminds me a little bit of that "Cali weed" hype but is not so expensive and my mate loved it. Well he had only one time their "Blue Dream Kush (3,5g/50€)" so he can´t really say something about the quality in general atm but that Blue Dream was well grown and super tasty... but I also read some not so good reviews in the web about their weed from time to time so better check as everytime before buying...

Well I like Toermalijn a lot but I can imagine that because of there are so many shops closed for tourists in that area that a lot of especially belgish guys come to Tilburg (it´s simply the nearest city with coffeeshops that allow tourists for them)... so Toermalijn could get a problem with the big demand and so with the quality... well maybe I am just thinking to much :lol: but in the "good old days" you could buy something blind from the menu and you know that it will be good...

Back on topic :D I checked out Greenhouse Ice O Lator (28€/g) on my last trip but I wasn´t impressed from the look and smell so I didn´t get it. It was a dark pressed ice hash like it used to be when it was good in the past but no smell and not as sticky as before... well it don´t have to be sticky to be good but I had pretty similar ice hash like that (from look and smell) and it was pretty weak :?

I saw somewhere on instagram that Coffeeshop Dolphins have a Ice O Lator for 25€/g on their menu called "dutch tulip" that reminds me a bit of the good stuff Greenhouse had a few years back. Well I was at Dolphins maybe one time in the past and wasn´t happy with their quality but maybe their Ice hash is their special on the menu... I will check that out next week.

By the way here is a instagram site of one budtender from Toermalijn with some samples:

https://www.instagram.com/budtender.ontour/?hl=de

edit

I also found the pic of Dolphin Ice O Lator:

kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 07:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

I'd be very surprised to see any high-grade isolater for sale anywhere but the US (where they have an abundance of material).

Primarily this is because making IWE (bubble hash/isolator/call it whatever you will) from the sugar leaf that is trimmed off buds at harvest time results in an admittedly potent product that has a lot of contamintant (plant material) but rarely retains the concentration of terpenes to allow the product to taste like the original flowers. Also - yields are tiny. Lower than 5%. So to make an ounce of realteively low quality bubble hash, you'd need POUNDS of trim.

To my mind that product is defintely not worth more than £10-15 per gram (extractors time considered), although here in the UK material washed that way still sells for upwards of £40 p/g. And IMO for the most part it's not worth that money - just like the majority of the equivalent bought in NL. I guess there's always a chance - but it's like proverbial rocking horse shit in my experience.

If one were to use top-shef nugs to make IWE. Which I've done once or twice - yield is still only 10-15% and the quality (personally judged in terms of original terpene profile intact) is very much dependent on strain and the skill of the extractor.

TL;DR?
Very high qulaity Bubble hash is hard to make and yields very little (7-10g of top shelf flower = 1g of hash). So it commands such a high-price that personally I beleive that most growers are keeping the good stuff for themselves as the product is difficult to price fairly.
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

kingbee wrote: Fri 19th Oct 2018 12:08 pm Hi 1highMofo,

It's certainly true that the hash scene has changed somewhat over the years, but I'm still hopeful to find a few decent examples of ice hash (for a reasonable price) dotted over the Netherlands...
Good hunting sir. Let us know how you get along please.
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

kingbee wrote: Fri 19th Oct 2018 12:30 pm Thanks for your input dude - I'll post the findings in this thread, and I also noticed someone just recently said that Coffeeshop Upstairs in Arnhem is doing 'Moroccan Ice hash', but they didn't get chance to try it - that would be another interesting one :)
I wonder if their air-con bill is included in the price per pound? :D
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Finally I visited Coffeeshop Dolphin this weekend to check out their "Dutch Tulip (25€/g)" Ice hash... I was happy to see it still on their menu :D I asked the really friendly female budtender to have a look/smell on it. They sell it in prepacked containers per g so not the best to inspect it a bit more... it was a pressed very dark nearly black sticky hash that had a minty smell to me. It reminded me from look/smell on the "Sticky Ice o Lator (10€/g)" that I had once from Coffeeshop Johny. Well that was good hash but for 10€/g not 25€/g... I asked the budtender if she tried it before... she answered that it´s strong but more sativa and she like the Flower Power hash (also 25€/g) more. She also showed me that Flower Power hash which was unpressed ice hash... looked not bad also
didn´t looked/smelled so special.

Overall it didn´t impressed me from smell/look that I would spend 25€/g so I didn´t tried it...

I was still looking after an ice hash or similar hash so I went to 1e Hulp to give their Sour Diesel Jelly hash (18€/g) a new chance but they didn´t had it atm :? To make a long story short I visited a few places but didn´t find any ice hash to my taste for a good price. Because that I decide to go to Barneys... well I am not the biggest fan of them but in the past they had some decent ice hashes but well overpriced... Barneys Rubble (32€/g) wasn´t in stock atm so I went for their Royal Jelly (35€/g) and got a half gram of it after taking a look on it. I still didn´t tried it but I don´t know smell isn´t so good when touched by the flame :? hopefully it´s because of the high thc content but my first impression is not so good... I will let you know when I tried it :lol:
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I had tried the Royal Jelly from Barneys now and it was luckily not as bad as I thought at first. I wasn´t sure if it was really clean because it had a kind of strange smell to me when touched by the flame... no pleasant smell kind of metallic and at first I thought a bit like plastic :shock: but after examining it more I was pretty sure that it was at least not laced.
It´s a dark nearly black sticky hash but not as sticky as some "Jelly hashes" I had in the past. To make it short it was definitely not worth the price :? Had much better ice or jelly hashes before... really disappointing :(

It´s simply a very low quality "Jelly hash" and for 35€/g totally overpriced... maybe a bit stronger effect than the usual good quality hash I smoke but not what I expect from a hash in that price range... well I think (or hope) that their 50€+/g :roll: are of much better quality but in my opinion it´s a shame to have such a low quality product for such a high price on the menu. Especially for a shop that says of itself that they look on quality...

Ok in the end it was my own fault to go there but they stocked pretty good ice hashes at Barneys in the past but well thats was more than 5 years back :lol: like I said before I didn´t tried their top priced ice hashes (around 50€/g) so maybe they are of superb quality but what I tried was pretty bad for that price :?
2rare2die

Post by 2rare2die »

Had some Nicole Nicole named hash from CS Flower Power. 10€ 0.55g if i remember right. Lady budtender said that it was popular and everyone smokes it. I think it was most expensive thing in their hash menu but it really was worth it! Really soft and sticky, light coloured, it kinda melts to your fingers. Strong kushy flowerish very fresh and smooth clean taste. More head high and long lasting effect. Best hash i've tested so far from this price category.
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I remembered that 1e Hulp also sell CBD Jelly hash (18€/g) ... well I never tried it but when I was there for their Sour Diesel Jelly hash (which wasn´t in stock as usual :lol: ) the budtender recommended me that CBD Jelly instead. He said that it has probably more THC in it than the Sour Diesel Jelly.
Well the name "CBD" stopped me from trying it in the past... because I thought more of a CBD only "hash". Maybe I try that one when they have no SD Jelly again :D