The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate The Plug (formerly Utopia)

I like The Plug
90%
I don't like The Plug
10%

Total votes: 269

WLow

Re: The Plug (formerly Utopia)

Post by WLow »

Selling the same strain claiming one batch is from cali and the other is european is total bullshit to me, but what ever, let the cali hype flow as long as it can. :mrgreen:

Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

WLow wrote: Thu 15th Nov 2018 05:39 pm Selling the same strain claiming one batch is from cali and the other is european is total bullshit to me, but what ever, let the cali hype flow as long as it can. :mrgreen:
I guess maybe it's to boost hype becasue the European versions of each given strain (at the Plug specifically and not in general) always look and smell vastly inferior to the Cali ones, so could be on purpose to reinforce the hype.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

You pays ya monies you takes ya choice!
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

PGRs are pricey :wink: :lol:
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Kermit wrote: Fri 16th Nov 2018 09:26 am PGRs are pricey :wink: :lol:
They are indeed. More bang for the buck though eh?
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

WLow wrote: Thu 15th Nov 2018 05:39 pm Selling the same strain claiming one batch is from cali and the other is european is total bullshit to me, but what ever, let the cali hype flow as long as it can. :mrgreen:
What it does illustrate is how easily and obviously the potential is there for unscrupulous establishments to exploit people. Which given the totality of the coffeeshop scene has rarely exhibited morals or consumer friendly practices much better than your local dealer might in any prohibition country (sometimes much worse), many of them must be like pigs in shit with this ridiculous craze.

Hopefully the bubble will burst before those "normal" priced boxes which used to have anything at all decent in are permanently empty almost everywhere.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Popped in for the Citral which they didn't have so I left. I saw James is still working there. It seems to be way more smokey now than it did when it was Utopia.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
WLow

Post by WLow »

This Citral cut is a real gem, am sure it will still be around but it's sad to see it of amsterdam menus.

I remember having citral hash from the Kosbor in Maastricht, time goes by i guess.
Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

December, 2018:

On an other trip a few weeks back they only listed one name on the hash menu. This time they came up with three. One option for 8€/g and two for 12€/g. Declined Nicole Kush and the other so went for Cherry Pie(12€/g)instead. It seems moroccan hashish with foreign genetics and indeed to some degree sweetish ; otherwise even though new flavour involved a nice all around package.
Strength was nice enough as well.
Barely remember that budtender showed us some wiet on our request and came up with subpar smelling Cheese and shit, no thanks.

All in all this shop is as dispensable as I predicted(and backed up well) when looking at the comments after I stated that(and before that as well of course), viewtopic.php?f=5&t=285&sid=5125094e201 ... 50#p415085.
Ever heard of giving credits? How greatlessness. Or childish? Probably both. But I'm used to this and will most probably survive as having sorta enough self-confidence.

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sun 10th Jun 2018 11:03 pm That's adorable, you really took some time (I mean sheer volume of cumbersome text aside) to whittle in - several what I'm sure you think were brilliantly crafted and clever veiled insults towards me.

I clearly must have rustled your (pious) little jimmies. If anything I'm glad I've at least (partially) steered you into acquaintance with the paragraph
break which has been historically quite an elusive mistress for you.

Still a long grueling road for full fledged coherence for you, but as the Spaniards say: 'poco a poco'

Anyway until the next time that your world-class mental gymnastics and amphetamine habits summon you here with the winds of fate - remember not being pious cunt don't cost a thing.

Een super prettige avond gewenst!
&
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Mon 11th Jun 2018 08:10 am Oh and shall we play the super fun game, guess who this dig is on?:
As I stated before I roughly distinguish between different opinions regarding available quality:

1. people going for their(annual)holiday with a bit of money involved while personally have been what feels as a hundred times. Also their main point isn't gear and those tend to be not that strict on their reviews ; bit biased as they tend to whitewash their holiday in retrospect as otherwise they had to admit that 'we visited a lot of shops but only got mostly average weed'. They are personally least interesting to me but useful if you want to know what is new on a menu and shit.

Me thinks this one is a veiled effort to jab on the Copenhagen Couple among others.

2. Tourists with a somewhat dedication to this plant. They're a bit of hit and miss as it of course depends on their general experience as knowledge alone isn't enough and maybe even grow experience helps.

I'll take Macky and OHMF for $5,000!

3. Locals living there. In fact the most trustworthy group but unfortunately people are creatures of habits and especially if they have to consume for what ever reason daily(addiction, medicine) they're in my experience too biased as well, especially again if they never grew good wiet themselves as a reference point. They tend to get used to the new standards ; they want to consume so they have to take what's on.

🤔🤔🤔 well I'm just utterly stumped as to whom this could be referring...

But wait we have fourth category for y'alls' consideration:

4. Wishfully pious cunts, that smoke weed 4 times per year and used to grow what they laud as "the good ole weed" with their burnt out ole deadhead friends, decaaaades ago and have a serious problems with meth abuse and consequently will pound a keyboard until their fingers are more blistered than a teenage boy who's found his first stash of nudie mags.

These kind will swear up and down their looong drawn out opinion is worth reading and will instill some proper morals in any selfish druggies doing so ever. The reality is such individual's opinions are best summed of with the crass classic one-liner "if I wanted to hear an asshole, ...I'd fart!"
Cute try for someone not able to tie his shoes without at least some weed but at least a good example for bad rhetoric as most readers on here should know that I'm not reluctant naming names so no need for covering anything. In opposite to SnelleJonge
who clearly lacks self-confidence for doing so as discussed and told him before here. He think he is well behaved(his excuse) but obviously he is just coward and a not to forget phoney when ass crawling anyone and his dog for company and drugs.
Probably also another projection of him as well.
Looking around on here what he posted in the meantime it seems he is still in his worrying state of mind. Especially when looking at this thread here and his delusion of grandeur regarding weed in the Usa being superior to everything else on this little planet when
discussing this with what seems to be his favourite financier HocusPocus( another proof of my rationality and self-confidence so look and learn: you, HocusPocus, explained well that quality of products don't know about nation so kudos to you on that one(of course too as I share the same point of view)!).
On one hand this for sure has to do with letting already little kids pledging allegiance to a piece of cloth in his home country and on the other with his sheer inner emptiness he eventually tries to fill in with either alcohol, wiet or what ever other drug if money allows anytime.
So an identity crisis is part of his problem obviously. Though this isn't surprising as previous diagnosis of him implied that to some degree.
He needs to experience that no country in this world will give him some character or meaning of life as this is nothing special in itsself and shared by thousands if not millions of people ; at best it is a superficial influence.
Wonder at this point how many beers you need to fill up until he turns into this charming, self-confident and entertaining guy his drinking/smoking buddies on here mention(and ridicule if you read between the lines a la 'That guy is funny for a holiday but
would be too much around at home').
So after how many beers or what ever his life starts to make sense – at least for him? Again I strongly recommend a local therapist as I don't have enough time.
Fingers crossed.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Jesscass wrote: Tue 8th Jan 2019 07:31 am HocusPocus..SnelleJonge
What is it with these cute little names you coined, that seem to lack any relevance to those whom they were doled out to, respectively? Has the meth really shredded your cognitive coherency that much?! Geez, a word of warning kids...don't do drugs!

So we've got HocusPocus who I can only infer is OHMF, funny you aimed to eschew yourself of cowering behind slightly veiled, passive-aggressive snippets, and then dive right back into doing so. Seriously, if the message isn't getting across - get help for your meth habit man, it's doing a real number on you.
Last edited by Nuggz on Tue 8th Jan 2019 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

...And i shall dub thee both, 'Ricochet', & 'Rebound'.... You can squabble over who get's which........

...Obviously!
macky

Post by macky »

Liked it better when Jess talked hash :(
I do not know much about hash so his b.s. went over my head.
But now your talking bud and growing ,now I know your talking shit :lol:
e.g. doubting US weed is far superior .....Take a little trip to Cali and find some Train wreak you silly little man :lol:
Tam123

Post by Tam123 »

I tried a g of the mimosa at 35 a g I felt a lil :oops: but I was on holiday and it was fire gotta be one of the best coffee shops the prices could be a lot lower but was some of the best product I saw on my trip.
kibby

Post by kibby »

Tam123 wrote: Tue 15th Jan 2019 03:27 pm I tried a g of the mimosa at 35 a g I felt a lil :oops: but I was on holiday and it was fire gotta be one of the best coffee shops the prices could be a lot lower but was some of the best product I saw on my trip.

Shill
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

kibby wrote: Wed 16th Jan 2019 10:55 pm Shill
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke