Going to Bruges

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
macky

Going to Bruges

Post by macky »

Doing 9days end sept.,oct. (clouds in city) Was reading about day trips by bus for like 100euro,s . They takeoff 7am back early evening . Has anyone done this? Should I do own train trip ? Need a little culture before judging begin,s ,thinking a debacle is in the off,n :mrgreen:

choppermike

Re: Going to Bruges

Post by choppermike »

macky wrote: Tue 30th Apr 2019 12:59 pm Need a little culture before judging begin.....
Cultuurboot, Utrecht, 4th Oct, see you there !
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
macky

Post by macky »

:lol: You got it :mrgreen:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Taken trains and buses over to Belgium a few times - though never to Brugge. Been to Bruxelles, Antwerpen and Gent. Look into either Flixbus or just NS-trein international. May be keen to join you depending upon day of week, etc.
LLMReb

Post by LLMReb »

I've taken the train to Brussels a few times. Easy trip. I'm not sure about a day trip to Bruges, though. Will make for a long day on the train.
choppermike

Post by choppermike »

I think they can be a bit "420 Hostile" down there too Macky ! , which won't suit you after a 3+ hour train ride 😀.
.. in the avoid curve :mrgreen:
macky

Post by macky »

Hear what you guy,s are say,n ,three hours up and three hours back on double decker bus.
Train with over nighter most likely better ,save for April I think ?
So Ya mic trip to Utrecht will have to do and if we get weather Nug,s May get his kayak trip yet 8)
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

Hey macky,

Me n da missus made that exact bus tour one year ago and the overall impression was that it left the whole experience in Bruges feeling very rushed. Which was a shame as the town is almost cloyingly cute in your grandmother’s chintz wing chair kind of way.

OTOH the entire place was overrun by tourists so perhaps a brief sojourn is best.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
macky

Post by macky »

titus wong wrote: Sun 5th May 2019 05:24 pm Hey macky,

Me n da missus made that exact bus tour one year ago and the overall impression was that it left the whole experience in Bruges feeling very rushed. Which was a shame as the town is almost cloyingly cute in your grandmother’s chintz wing chair kind of way.

OTOH the entire place was overrun by tourists so perhaps a brief sojourn is best.
My sister told me if spend a night or two the tourist are mostly gone in evening . She also mentioned good beer ,good pubs :D
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

If you go there’s a ring type park around part of the city, it has old windmills and some green area for walking & biking. Also check out the lace makers, it’s amazing watching them make the lace. It’s also a very easy souvenir to pack and doesn’t break. You would want a overnight to really enjoy the city,
Have fun with whatever you do :mrgreen:
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

choppermike wrote: Tue 30th Apr 2019 10:58 pm I think they can be a bit "420 Hostile" down there too Macky ! , which won't suit you after a 3+ hour train ride 😀.
I've been to Bruges. Worth seeing, though quite touristy.

However, outside the centre it's quiet. And it's not very big. So it's quite easy to sneak away and have a subtle smoke somewhere.

Don't miss the church where a few drops of Jesus' actual blood are on display. Oh yes.
Rafiki

Post by Rafiki »

Last edited by Rafiki on Mon 9th Sep 2019 12:26 pm, edited 8 times in total.
gapie

Post by gapie »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: 8) 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

belgium sucks dick lol
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke