Spanish Clubs Ventilation (or lack thereof)

Sanchez_

Spanish Clubs Ventilation (or lack thereof)

Post by Sanchez_ »

So, I have pondered this subject for sometime and after a few trips of my own and hearing other people's feedback and experiences wanted to debate or discuss the topic.

All clubs seem to have this impressively large ventilation or extraction system ducting visible on the ceilings but is it really working or set up how it should be?, Is it adequate in design and specifications for the space it has been installed in?, How often if at all is it maintained?, Is it simply extracting via a carbon filter like in a grow set up? And is it actually bringing any fresh air in or is it just recirculating the air within the club?

What I am finding in all clubs is that within an hour of being there regardless of the time of day or number people I start to get a burning sensation below my larynx and in my nostrils, my vape experience is then totally ruined as every inhale is sharp and harsh with a loss of flavour , I also start to get a bad headache. Whilst the club(s) don't appear to have an obvious fog or smog of tobacco/combustion in the air there is obviously something not right? It may just be that it is set at a minimum level which is already not suitable to turnover the total cubic volume of said indoor space.

Some of the intakes on the ducting seem incredibly small and randomly positioned also without any filters on the intakes?, the ducting routes and connections are also questionable with multiple large diameter ducting meeting up to 5 others in one place without any source of motor extraction close by?

I don't believe these systems are adequate or being used/set up correctly because so many people wouldn't be complaining with similar experiences, anyone that has grown indoors in a large space knows how extraction and intake should work especially with volumes and cubic metre turnover per hour etc. I honestly think the air is being recirculated and most likely filters and/or motors and controllers aren't being maintained either.

Thoughts? And don't say man up lol!

Willjay

Re: Spanish Clubs Ventilation (or lack thereof)

Post by Willjay »

Air exchange is a big part of the heating and air conditioning business. Probably undersized or not installed properly, if there’s an “ozenator” type of smoke and odor remover that could be a problem.
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
Basswee

Post by Basswee »

I wouldn't say "all club" ...
Some for sure, some other not at all !
It is for a fact that they must have an exhaust on the roof of the building, something which is sometime a challenge. It's a rule which wasn't the case when clubs first opened and now is a serious rule to be respected, though maybe some "clubs" didn't have the control yet ?
Some of them don't maintain or don't use it how it should be that is a fact as I have experienced the same and I'm also exclusively vaping (herbs, resins, extracts, ..) so i'm pretty sensible. Some other also use some horrible "scents" to hide the strong odor, ...
During Spannabis time most clubs are simply too crowded to handle the quantity of smoke.
Though I must say there are clubs which have a proper system or which are at least sufficient when its 'half full" .. They must have a test going on before to open where they invite "members" and make a big smoke out together to test the extraction ..
I get your point though, maybe we should speak in private and see where you have been ;) ? After some recent events I'm even more "careful" of sharing infos about clubs and naming them on a public forum .. Clubs are private, yes there are "promoters" hustling on rambla or online but others still want to respect the "chart" and stay open for the real passionate and educated people. I really respect the idea of sharing the infos here and that's why I came originally on ACD years ago but the reality here need to be considered.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

I'm still waiting for someone to open a vape lounge in BCN or Amsterdam :) Gets rid of the problem altogether.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Sanchez_

Post by Sanchez_ »

RoMoney wrote: Wed 22nd May 2019 08:08 pm I'm still waiting for someone to open a vape lounge in BCN or Amsterdam :) Gets rid of the problem altogether.
Now you're talking! I've wanted it in AMS for so long but the closest thing is Boerejongens "pure only" rooms I expect it might happen in BCN first though!? :lol:
Basswee

Post by Basswee »

I know one club (I'm sure I had another one I been to but can't remember right now) which has a "no tobacco" room called "dab saloon" : basically its for vaping, dabing and smoking pure only .. It's a little out center near the Park Guinardo, some posts about that club on instagram ;)
I always have dreamed of this and maybe one day one club will come with such a space, a few have been talking of this but I'm still waiting..One of them is slowly extending the space so hopefully it might see the day :)
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Dab Saloon, love the name! :)
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

No tobacco would be a great rule

Always someone who will try to mix tho
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

DjShaggy wrote: Sat 25th May 2019 02:21 pm No tobacco would be a great rule

Limiting people to dabs and vapes makes it possible to police that quite easily. Bit shit for joint smokers but I can get by vaping and I know you can jump on that dab train at any stop :D :mrgreen:
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

RoMoney wrote: Sun 26th May 2019 07:30 am
DjShaggy wrote: Sat 25th May 2019 02:21 pm No tobacco would be a great rule

Limiting people to dabs and vapes makes it possible to police that quite easily. Bit shit for joint smokers but I can get by vaping and I know you can jump on that dab train at any stop :D :mrgreen:
Bro I smoked about a 3rd of the weed I smoked last year at ‘bis, however I do like to have a joint on at all times.
Vapes are a acceptable substitute...
ignoring spellcheck since 1986