High Society (Leiden)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate High Society, Leiden

I like High Society, Leiden
100%
I don't like High Society, Leiden
No votes

Total votes: 3

Nuggz

High Society (Leiden)

Post by Nuggz »

ACD Page: High Society, Leiden

I searched but could not find a preexisting thread for this shop, so if it already exists please nix this one with the quickness Lemming.

Excellent coffeeshop just of one of the main grachten of Leiden. Per city ordinance the shop does not open until 17:00 hours, so that is an important caveat to bear in mind.

It's a very buy-and-fly type place – albeit they do allow on-site cannabis consumption, and even seem to have a host of high-quality glass bongs available for use. There's only one bar hi-table with two stools and then there's a "shelf" at hand level, just wide enough to accommodate ashtrays and joints being rolled, that wraps the entire room (so basically standing room only for the most part). Nonetheless many locals did stay, and stand, and roll their joints up, and chitchat, smoke bong-bowls, etc.

In my brief time there yesterday it was fairly busy, constant line forming – including one before the opening time (no Grey Area at its peak but still a good sign I'd say)

Nice bonus points for the water-cooler (dispenser) they have for free use.

In my experience a nice place, with some real good weed for prices that are at least a euro cheaper per gram than they would be in Mokum (on average). Staff seem to be among the more cannabis-savvy and knowledgeable that I have encountered in Dutch coffeeshops, so assuredly another big plus.

Edit to add: this as mentioned in my brief travelogue, is one of two shops (per one of notsofasteddy's recentish articles) in NL, that currently offers comprehensive lab test results for customers. That is not only the typical cannabinoid profile assessment (which many are already dubious of), but also a check for various contaminants in the final product. In particular here the info is offered in a binder full of individually sleeved profile pages for each item on their menu. Includes basics of strain, flavor, lineage, effects, etc. moves on to cannabinoid content, and then lastly numerical assessment of potential pollutants with a "pass/fail" qualitative assessment provided additionally.

Pierre von Mondragon

Re: High Society (Leiden)

Post by Pierre von Mondragon »

Shhh dude, folk will finish all the 24k...

...after a couple of months around town HS scores highest for me in terms of gear, and good flavours, Sour Banana Sherbet!
SippyCup

Post by SippyCup »

I searched but could not find a preexisting thread for this shop, so if it already exists please nix this one with the quickness Lemming. Excellent coffeeshop just of one of the main grachten of Leiden. Per city ordinance the shop does not open until 17:00 hours, so that is an important caveat to bear in mind. It's a very buy-and-fly type place – albeit they do allow on-site cannabis consumption, and even seem to have a host of high-quality glass bongs available for use, simalair to herbtools. There's only one bar hi-table with two stools and then there's a "shelf" at hand level, just wide enough to accommodate ashtrays and joints being rolled, that wraps the entire room (so basically standing room only for the most part). Nonetheless many locals did stay, and stand, and roll their joints up, and chitchat, smoke bong-bowls, etc. In my brief time there yesterday it was fairly busy, constant line forming – including one before the opening time (no Grey Area at its peak but still a good sign I'd say)
I've never heard of this place, not enough shops include decent bongs. I was once given a plastic pipe to smoke from and felt kind of offended! I guess having customers break the glass would be a bit of a nightmare though. Nevertheless, I will give this place a visit when I am next down, thanks for the heads up.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

This was the only shop in Leiden that had decent quality product during my brief stay back in 2012. Lovely town.
Excellent write up dude :)
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

OneHighMofo wrote:This was the only shop in Leiden that had decent quality product during my brief stay back in 2012. Lovely town.
Excellent write up dude :)
Indeed was back today again, got some more 24k Gold, they do a 25 bag deal, where you get like .3 extra. So I got 2g for 25, which was a steal. This particular sample (same batch I presume) is more tangie-esque but still bomb!

Checked out Leidseplein as well which was mostly a bust, I'll update that one in-thread later...
Pierre von Mondragon

Still easily the best place in town, best quality, best menu. The top price is up to E15 now, had an excellent stinking cut called Armageddon last week, proper cutting-through-the-murk dunt. Pretty much the only CS in town I still go to regularly, the rest need to up their game.
Pierre von Mondragon

Yesterday's menu for High Society, feel free to use FBN!
WLow

Post by WLow »

Thanks for the update, still real interesting things going on here, someone popped seeds.
Pierre von Mondragon

Pure Afghaan, think it was 14e
Reeking of skunk.
Nootram

Post by Nootram »

I came here for the first time last Sunday, it was a super fast purchase as I was already late to meet some friends in a bar but the place looked OK and the budtender was very friendly.

I went with a gram of WiFi OG and two of Mazar Sharif, the BT showed me the buds and it looked and smelled decent enough.

WiFi OG: Was okay but at 15€/gr, it should be better. The quality on this batch was clearly not up to par with what I expected - better to get this in Amsterdam, in my opinion.

Mazaar Sharif: The real let down. Was my first try at this strain and both the taste/smell and the effects were very disappointing. Just felt like some very generic strain.

Maybe it's me but when a strain cost more than 10€/gr, I feel like it should be something really good, not some generic crap. I know that 2 strains doesn't necessarily mean much when this CS has like 20+, I think I'll give it another try the next time I visit my buddy.

Looking back at the menu, I have to admit it's a very nice one and I hope next time will make me forget this purchase. :D :D Maybe I should have vaped it and not smoked it in a joint...
Pierre von Mondragon

That's a shame, I've not had the WiFi, and only tried the Mazar once, and it didn't have the trippiness I associate with that genetic, so never had more. The Pure Afhgaan on the other hand, if it was in, I could vouch for.

EDIT In fact the LSD from Amnesia CS doesn't have the trippiness either, but I knew someone in Scotland who grew LSD once and it was some of the strongest, furthest out stuff I ever had, with this rich chestnut smell to it. It depends if the grower gets that pheno I suppose. Mazari Rhino I also had once and that was close to being as good, but not quite.
Nootram

Post by Nootram »

Yeah, looking back at the thread, I should've went for the Pure Afghaan which looks delicious on your photo. Next time if it's still there... :mrgreen:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Was there 3 time over the last week....had the shoreline (12 or 13/g) and the Orange Cookies 2g for €25. The orange cookies was real fire. Also had the chocolate chip cookies (2 for €7.5), the brownie (€7.5) and the Albert Hennep Deep Space Chocolate Bonbon which was €10. All decent strenght edibles.

Great shop, good vibe, friendly locals. Will be back.

Bring back Imelda Marcos!
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for High Society in Leiden dated September 20, 2019, Thanks to KH.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/0-Leiden ... eiden.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
Not_the_monk

Post by Not_the_monk »

New menu for High Society in Leiden dated 10 August 2023, kindly submitted to coffeeshopmenus.org by jollylittlehun

https://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/0-Leide ... eiden.html