⬜️

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Rafiki

⬜️

Post by Rafiki »

Last edited by Rafiki on Mon 9th Sep 2019 12:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Dark-side-of-moon

Re: Is Hashish Better Than Concentrates?

Post by Dark-side-of-moon »

*Proviso - I haven't actually been able to watch Rafiki's video 'cause my/this computer is pretty much blocked by the U.K. Police. Nowt to do with drugs.

In my minds eye I can picture the ideal hash I'd like to smoke - grown outside, in sunlight, pref with reasonably natural nutrients. If growing veg. is anything to go by then soil grown beats hydro every time. Think that beautiful, correct, hydro grown tomato that tastes of soggy cardboard. I have very little experience of growing weed, but instinct tells me that subjecting the plant to the kind of stresses inherent in growing indoors leads to a demented product. The (commercial) hydro weed I buy hits like a hammer then wears off after 5 minutes. I seem to remember the largely maroc hashes I used to smoke (old school) had just as an intense hit (if good) and lasted much much longer. So......give me a decent dry-sift complete with girt, dirt, pine sap, cooking oil over a demented indoor grown 92% concentrate. There again, I haven't smoked much concentrate - some oil and that's about it. So I could be wrong (but I bet I'm not).
To lead on with the 'proviso' which I admit, does shout - when I was on my recent 'tourist' smoke trip to A'dam I wasn't too interested to visit The Plug to get properly wasted on Cali weed. A'dam's top shop does seem to rotate. I've been a long term reader of this site and Voyagers was 'top shop' before. It makes me think about which shops have what clout and 'who' gets 'what' product - Amsterdam's mystery. Anyhows, how would an evidently really popular shop (Utopia) with staff posters on this site genuinely liked suddenly morph into 'Da Plug' complete with U.K.'gangsters' who you can bet are the fucking Met. - that's U.K. undercover Met. our very shit. So I didn't go there.
But on the subject of 'who' gets 'what' I've become interested in 'New School' hashes 'cause I've been to Morocco, like the place, and think the Greenhouse Morocco video is good. Somewhere in the Rif is the farm that grows 60,000 amnesia plants and features in the Sensi Seeds Seshata article. And someone gets that amnesia hash with some kind of trade mark. I asked about Cafe Solo's Hiya hash and recieved the response from Trans Appenine Couple that it was a beldia hash. It is, but I also think the word is also just a quality standard for a blonde rif hash. 'Azila' is a village and so for. Perhaps, say, theres some kind of 'appellation' and 'trade mark' outcome for Maroc hash.
Sorry Rafiki, haven't actually watched your video so I may be talking complete balls, but in my minds eye I want something grown on top of a mountain. Outside.
Rafiki

Post by Rafiki »

Last edited by Rafiki on Mon 9th Sep 2019 12:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Dark-side-of-moon

Also, if 'dry-sift techniques were introduced to the Rif in the late 60's early 70's" - which is the story all over the net, what were Baudelaire and friends smoking in the Club De Haschaschines in Paris in the 19 Century?
kalima

Post by kalima »

Dark-side-of-moon wrote: Wed 21st Aug 2019 06:44 pm Also, if 'dry-sift techniques were introduced to the Rif in the late 60's early 70's" - which is the story all over the net, what were Baudelaire and friends smoking in the Club De Haschaschines in Paris in the 19 Century?
Hashish from other countries , such as Turkey, lebannnon, India, Nepal
l
Dark-side-of-moon

Kalima - can't do that 'quote' thing - yes, it crossed my mind that, say, hash came from Lebanon, but I'm informed by my elders and betters that there was plenty of moroccan hash around in London in the early 60's....Also, I was reading about the 'beat hotel' (Ginsberg, Burroughs etc) and they were smoking moroccan in the late 50's. So my guess is the story is false.
Islamic countries through the ages have had plenty of contact between each other so, perhaps, the dry-sift technique from Lebanon was already known.
I've got a feeling ( and I could be wrong) that prior to the 'industrialisation' of the maroc hash industry in the 80's the local farmers were perfectly capable of producing a high quality product.
kalima

Post by kalima »

Dark-side-of-moon wrote: Thu 22nd Aug 2019 04:56 pm Kalima - can't do that 'quote' thing - yes, it crossed my mind that, say, hash came from Lebanon, but I'm informed by my elders and betters that there was plenty of moroccan hash around in London in the early 60's....Also, I was reading about the 'beat hotel' (Ginsberg, Burroughs etc) and they were smoking moroccan in the late 50's. So my guess is the story is false.
Islamic countries through the ages have had plenty of contact between each other so, perhaps, the dry-sift technique from Lebanon was already known.
I've got a feeling ( and I could be wrong) that prior to the 'industrialisation' of the maroc hash industry in the 80's the local farmers were perfectly capable of producing a high quality product.
no totally, I had always been surprised that the making of hashish had apparently been such a late development in morocco, I can't fully remember when I first smoked it myself, i started with leb and Pakistani/Afghani, never Moroccan , but the Russians invading Afghanistan, and the wars in Lebanon seems to have been a contributing factor to the hashish industry in Morocco .
as regards quotes, if you click on the " button at top of the post it quotes it in your post :)
Dark-side-of-moon

if you click on the " button at top of the post it quotes it in your post :)
[/quote] - think I might have done it! (I'm old). Which brings me to the point which shouts......when weed was reclassified up to 'B' in the U.K. the price doubled. Now, with 'Cali Weed' (sent to the Nederlands by the U.K. Met. and not the other way round), the price doubles again - e35 for 1 gram weed!. AND pretty soon that 'Cali Import' will be no stronger than a E7 Super Skunk.
Don't buy it.
Dark-side-of-moon

While I'm spitting this out......you can guarantee there's greater genetic diversity across the beldia plant in the rif than across every skunked-out plant grown under lights in The Netherlands, the U.K., AND the U.S. - stick a plant under lights it becomes skunked. Period.
So, bring back Skunk No.1! it's got to better than the stuff from my local commercial grow op. A grow op. that will be controlled by The Police and sold by a 'Plug' who will always double as a Police stooge.
The big drugs gang in the U.K. is the London Metropolitan Police.
Just sayin'. Be warned.
Rafiki

Post by Rafiki »

Last edited by Rafiki on Mon 9th Sep 2019 12:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dark-side-of-moon

Thanks for that er staggeringly informative post Rafiki. You're going to eat that ice-cream. Now get down The Plug where you're employed. You've been caught.
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

Dark-side-of-moon wrote: Wed 21st Aug 2019 06:44 pm Also, if 'dry-sift techniques were introduced to the Rif in the late 60's early 70's" - which is the story all over the net, what were Baudelaire and friends smoking in the Club De Haschaschines in Paris in the 19 Century?
Hand rubbed charas, alcohol extracted tincures - among a variety of other productions methods.
Dark-side-of-moon wrote: Wed 21st Aug 2019 06:44 pm I have very little experience of growing weed, but instinct tells me that subjecting the plant to the kind of stresses inherent in growing indoors leads to a demented product. The (commercial) hydro weed I buy hits like a hammer then wears off after 5 minutes.
Actually quite the opposite, the control (climate, inputs, media, etc) one has indoors can lead to exceptional product. Critically - completely free of the use of the pesticdes an outdoor grower MUST use.
Also - totally natural, organic methodology ('no-till' or 'Korean natural farming') can and is done indoors all the time.

There's certainly something to be said for Sun-grown cannabis and related products, and certainly some consumers prefer it. But to suggest that the indoor alternative is somehow 'demented' is at least mis-informed and somewhat naive, no offense intended.
The longevity of the effects of any given product can be affected by a variety of factors. Early/late harvest, terpene and cannabanoid profile plus the temporal and stable physiology of the consumer all play a huge part.

Back on-topic: "Is Hashish Better Than Concentrates?"
Well with my pedantic asshole hat on, concentrates are hash. So - no, they're not.
Being a bit more generous to Rafiki the OP; the popular 'concentrates' vernacular we use to deliniate modern (typically more potent than traditional 'import') Cannabis resin derived products is the question I assume he's posing.

So my answer would be a resounding 'yes' they are. Or 'no they're not' to actually answer his question!
Modern concentrates are more potent and therefore easier to titrate. Less contaminated; by either plant material OR cutting agents. The starting material has been treated carefully rather than left out in the sun in a dusty hut. And when made corrrectly and responsibly from a single source - 'from soil to oil' are a much safer product to consume than anything any consumer can buy in any dispensary/coffeeshop - because they often know the farmer, inputs and processing methods.
Dark-side-of-moon

i.e. you're FARCked, Heinrich 'Rafiki'.
- which is the last thing Riffi farmers need.

* One High MoFo - I'll read your post in a mo' - I'm sure most posters on this site know a lot more than me. Plus, it's interesting!
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

not really a big fan of the whole concentrate scene
maybe because where i live there are no concentrates lmao
and the ones that are around are usually not much or overpriced
only one i enjoyed until now was some of Highe's exocheese if i remember right

on the other hand holland is flooded with allot of hash , good ones and bad ,but most important also really really good ones
in my experience hash is the winner .
but that is IN MY EXPERIENCE !!!
if i was born and raised in USA and read this ( my comment ) , i would probably shit my pants laughing
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
Rafiki

Post by Rafiki »

Last edited by Rafiki on Mon 9th Sep 2019 12:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.