Relax (Amsterdam)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Good or not?

Good
47%
Not Good
7%
Not been
27%
I am a sausage
20%

Total votes: 15

FODSmith

Re: Relax (Amsterdam)

Post by FODSmith »

I don't generally get weed in the Dam, apart from a modest amount to mix with the hash -- why risk disappointment when I can get the same or better quality for a similar price at home? But interesting hash is hard to find, at least where I am, and that menu looks very interesting.

titus wong

Post by titus wong »

Rafiki wrote: Thu 22nd Aug 2019 07:30 am
FODSmith wrote: Thu 22nd Aug 2019 07:25 am Never been to Relax, and didn't know they were doing block hashes now. Thanks for the tip -- I'll make sure to check them out next time.
Us neither. We don't like their flower. 😐
What’s wrong with their flower, pray tell.

BTW, that is the cheapest price I’ve seen for a pure prerolled joint (€4.50). A 5g sack of Amnesia gruis for €35 seems pretty promising too.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Rafiki

Post by Rafiki »

Last edited by Rafiki on Mon 9th Sep 2019 12:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

titus wong wrote: Thu 22nd Aug 2019 04:20 pm BTW, that is the cheapest price I’ve seen for a pure prerolled joint (€4.50). A 5g sack of Amnesia gruis for €35 seems pretty promising too.
are you out of your goddamn mind ?!?!
gruis costs 50cent on the streets
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
titus wong

Re: Relax (Amsterdam) morning

Post by titus wong »

Well ok rvansteensel, there you have the better of me. I’ll be the first to admit I’m a tourist who comes from a long ways away to enjoy the charms of Mokum. From your posts, it’s obvious you’re a long time resident in the Netherlands. This board is about the sharing of information so please enlighten me instead of calling me out.

Where can I get good quality gruis, that is presumably all amnesia, for 50 cents (is that by gram pricing)?
titus wong

Post by titus wong »

FODSmith wrote: Thu 22nd Aug 2019 09:00 am I don't generally get weed in the Dam, apart from a modest amount to mix with the hash -- why risk disappointment when I can get the same or better quality for a similar price at home? But interesting hash is hard to find, at least where I am, and that menu looks very interesting.
Yeah, gotta admit that GG iso has piqued my curiosity. Also the Chocolop (sp), which I don’t believe I’ve seen as new school hash before.
Rafiki

Post by Rafiki »

Last edited by Rafiki on Mon 9th Sep 2019 12:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
titus wong

Re: Gruis / Shake

Post by titus wong »

Rafiki wrote: Fri 23rd Aug 2019 11:39 am
Here's the thing: Do you want to travel to Amsterdam to smoke something you would rather get off the street as a local or would you prefer to try something more extravagant. On a budget, a normal SSH would do the trick, plus roll a small snake of cheap hash into that, see Amsterdam Genetics 🧬 once again.
Thanks for the very thoughtful reply. I am aware of what gruis is, I wasn’t aware of the “under the table” sweetheart deals that you mentioned, not being a local. And in fact, it is very unlikely that I would even consider buying a 5 gram sack of it, since as you point out, I would rather spend my money on something more memorable while on vacation.

I was just pointing out something on the menu I hadn’t seen before, quite innocently, like many others on this forum do. What I take exception to, is the incivility of rvansteensel’s response. There really was no call for it.

He seems to know quite a lot about the Netherlands Coffeeshop scene. But I notice he often chides users for spending too much money on one particular thing or another, which quite frankly is none of his business.

I think perhaps he loses sight of the fact that as visitors on holiday, people like myself are willing to occasionally indulge in a high-priced luxury item, say Cali weed. There’s nothing wrong with that. After all, my own money is mine to spend. If I were a resident, perhaps I would be more frugal. But I would refrain from calling other users out on how they spend their money.
Nuggz

Re: Gruis / Shake

Post by Nuggz »

titus wong wrote: Fri 23rd Aug 2019 12:24 pm
Rafiki wrote: Fri 23rd Aug 2019 11:39 am
Here's the thing: Do you want to travel to Amsterdam to smoke something you would rather get off the street as a local or would you prefer to try something more extravagant. On a budget, a normal SSH would do the trick, plus roll a small snake of cheap hash into that, see Amsterdam Genetics 🧬 once again.
Thanks for the very thoughtful reply. I am aware of what gruis is, I wasn’t aware of the “under the table” sweetheart deals that you mentioned, not being a local. And in fact, it is very unlikely that I would even consider buying a 5 gram sack of it, since as you point out, I would rather spend my money on something more memorable while on vacation.

I was just pointing out something on the menu I hadn’t seen before, quite innocently, like many others on this forum do. What I take exception to, is the incivility of rvansteensel’s response. There really was no call for it.

He seems to know quite a lot about the Netherlands Coffeeshop scene. But I notice he often chides users for spending too much money on one particular thing or another, which quite frankly is none of his business.

I think perhaps he loses sight of the fact that as visitors on holiday, people like myself are willing to occasionally indulge in a high-priced luxury item, say Cali weed. There’s nothing wrong with that. After all, my own money is mine to spend. If I were a resident, perhaps I would be more frugal. But I would refrain from calling other users out on how they spend their money.
Yes Baboon yes
la2019

Post by la2019 »

So what do you all think of the recent renovation? (Maybe it wasn't so recent, but it occurred sometime in the last 2 years...) This place used to have such a old-school cafe feeling to it, and the new format, to me at least, is anything but relaxing. Sometimes modernization isn't better, and I don't think it helped this place much.
RvanSteensel

Post by RvanSteensel »

would you go to rome
and then pay 35 bugs for the mozarella thats been on the floor

seems silly to me
Relax and take notes , as I take tokes of the marihuana smoke
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for Relax dated August 18, 2019. Kudos MHN.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/Relax/Menus/Relax.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

RvanSteensel wrote: Thu 5th Sep 2019 09:26 am would you go to rome
and then pay 35 bugs for the mozarella thats been on the floor

seems silly to me
You would go to Rome and eat at a tourist trap restaurant and pay €35 for a pizza made by someone whos probably not even Italian in the kitchen...

Way of the world isn’t it? Coffeeshops in dam rip people off, even some clubs in my beloved bcn do the same, you get it everywhere.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Had relax balls €10 hash dipped in rosin rolled in keif, nice to try for the money mostly a hash taste but can definitely taste other ingredients too strong enough.. Also had silver haze, really good, fresh tasty strong €11 a gram I think
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.