What's changed in 10 years?

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Vinnie Vegas

What's changed in 10 years?

Post by Vinnie Vegas »

What is new? I know that from what I've read so far they have Hash Joints now? I know the Dutch are also not on the Concentrate Train.

Can you guys clue me in into anything else helpful as my trip nears? Thanks.

RoMoney

Re: What's changed in 10 years?

Post by RoMoney »

More expensive, more chains (both shops and coffeeshops), less actual coffeeshops, more tourists....meaning residents more angry with tourists.

Pretty stark when I read it back, but it's true :) My remedy for this has been to stay up near Vondel park more and exploring the South and West suburbs more, in addition to trips to other cities. The one big thing that all the changes have not been able to impact is that wonderful fcuking feeling of having no prohibition related anxiety while there.

Things that are positive........edibles quality has improved and you can now use visa most places though some Albert Heijns' are still holding out. Also I would venture that 10 years ago you may not have had google maps. That's the biggest game changer, it was no fun getting lost for a few hours when on a two day trip :lol: :mrgreen:
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Vinnie Vegas

Post by Vinnie Vegas »

Awesome thanks for the reply. I'm so geeked about my upcoming trip back to the Mecca!
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

RoMoney wrote: Sun 8th Sep 2019 09:39 am More expensive, more chains (both shops and coffeeshops), less actual coffeeshops, more tourists....meaning residents more angry with tourists.
Sadly true :? especially Amsterdam is packed with tourists... well there are times of the year when the city isn´t so full of tourist but it seems to getting worse and worse :?
A good thing is that there are much more genetics from the US available over here... while Haze was king in the past in the coffeeshops you see that the kushes are very big now. What I thank for otherwise I would maybe never have tried a OG Kush till now which showed me a complete different full taste that I like so much :mrgreen: Unfortunately it´s pretty hard to find a nice flushed and cured weed in coffeeshops nowadays :? So some "smart" businessmen had the idea to sell some "better" weed marked as "Top Shelf" or as imported from Cali for very high prices like 40€/g in a coffeeshop.
Well just a few of them are maybe real imports but most of them are in my opinion just money making...
Vinnie Vegas wrote: Sat 7th Sep 2019 09:54 am I know that from what I've read so far they have Hash Joints now? I know the Dutch are also not on the Concentrate Train.
There are not much coffeeshops that offer concentrates but some (well for very high prices)... some places also have a Rosin press for free use...
RoMoney wrote: Sun 8th Sep 2019 09:39 am Also I would venture that 10 years ago you may not have had google maps. That's the biggest game changer, it was no fun getting lost for a few hours when on a two day trip
Indeed Google maps saved much of my time :lol: but on the other hand I found pretty interesting areas of the city while getting lost or it´s a great feeling to find a place randomly :lol:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Marok21 wrote: Mon 9th Sep 2019 07:00 pm
RoMoney wrote: Sun 8th Sep 2019 09:39 am More expensive, more chains (both shops and coffeeshops), less actual coffeeshops, more tourists....meaning residents more angry with tourists.
Sadly true :? especially Amsterdam is packed with tourists... well there are times of the year when the city isn´t so full of tourist but it seems to getting worse and worse :?
A good thing is that there are much more genetics from the US available over here... while Haze was king in the past in the coffeeshops you see that the kushes are very big now. What I thank for otherwise I would maybe never have tried a OG Kush till now which showed me a complete different full taste that I like so much :mrgreen: Unfortunately it´s pretty hard to find a nice flushed and cured weed in coffeeshops nowadays :? So some "smart" businessmen had the idea to sell some "better" weed marked as "Top Shelf" or as imported from Cali for very high prices like 40€/g in a coffeeshop.
Well just a few of them are maybe real imports but most of them are in my opinion just money making...
This is very true about the US genetics, the block hash is also a positive development.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

In one simple word, EVERYTHING!!!!
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Higher prices for weed, coffeeshops are busier and there’s less of them. Also the red light district is smaller and there’s nowhere near the amount of cocaine/detergent salesmen on the street. There’s probably a lot I’ve missed but yeah a lot has changed
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Vinnie, I think what we're saying is that you should go to Barcelona :lol: :mrgreen:
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

RoMoney wrote: Sun 15th Sep 2019 09:19 pm Vinnie, I think what we're saying is that you should go to Barcelona :lol: :mrgreen:
We aren’t saying that

However...
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Vinnie Vegas wrote: What's changed in 10 years?
You've probably changed. :D Good things come with age. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

fewer shops, higher prices. shorter tempers all around.
Amsterdam dreaming.............
la2019

Post by la2019 »

I've been going every 2 years with my mate since 2006, and of course a lot has changed.

On my first trip in 2006:
  • My first stop was Central, where they opened a giant box full of product that served as their menu--we smoked it right there inside the shop
    I had a beer at Rokerij and 420/de Kuil
    There was only 1 Dampkring
    The RLD was WAY bigger and there were various windows scattered all over town
    We stopped at Mellow Yellow and then went right to Little a couple doors down
    DNA genetics wasn't in every other shop
    Basjoe...
    The coffeeshops hadn't really started moving up-market, or at least I wasn't aware if they were. More of them felt a little more cobbled together, more homey if that makes any sense
    And mostly, I completely relied on the ACD map, to find my way around. Always had a bunch of copies folded up in my pockets...
So I find myself really thinking more about what HASN'T changed. Pretty short list off the top of my head. Grey Area still looks and feels the same, top notch gear, but prices have gone up along with the rest in town though.
doc soma

Post by doc soma »

Well,

i've been to the dam more than 20 times in the last 25 years .

what has changed in 10 years:

- less shops

-more and more dna genetics

- almost no more jamaican/reggae -themed coffeeshops, that were a fixed part of the cs-scene

- much more tourists

- too much of these shitty pancake-shops around

- more coffeeshop- chains

- less coffeeshops that provide comfy seats, couches and laid back sound

- block hash

- at some point more quality through shops like boerejongens/ dna genetics

- Cali Weed

- a few truely cs- gems ( rokerij, homegrown fantasy, rasta baby , doors palace,.....) have been closed.
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

Vinnie Vegas wrote: Sun 8th Sep 2019 10:44 am Awesome thanks for the reply. I'm so geeked about my upcoming trip back to the Mecca!

Did someone say Mijn Mekka? :mrgreen:
He who tries to shine dims his own light
Sanchez_

Post by Sanchez_ »

:lol:
ed the head wrote: Tue 4th Feb 2020 09:33 pm
Vinnie Vegas wrote: Sun 8th Sep 2019 10:44 am Awesome thanks for the reply. I'm so geeked about my upcoming trip back to the Mecca!

Did someone say Mijn Mekka? :mrgreen:
Comus

Post by Comus »

the exchange rate sucks balls

there's no sense of danger/excitement

the queen is now a king

febo is even greasier and more minging

the most excellent hydrofoil trip down to grand canal to imuiden has stopped running

and the strippenkart has been replaced by a new kind of ticket that is sold in less places
I'm in shocks and stares