Voyager's

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
Smokey2017

Voyager's

Post by Smokey2017 »

Hi All

The above has always been one of my favorite coffeeshops / hotel but i have noticed the new menu is terrible and reminds me of the 90's weed. Does anyone know whats happening? i was looking to stay there again.

Thanks

RoMoney

Re: Voyager's

Post by RoMoney »

New owners, Phenofinders green now available through Cafe Baba instead, not sure what's happening with the hotel.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
matty223

Post by matty223 »

RoMoney wrote: Wed 25th Sep 2019 07:56 am New owners, Phenofinders green now available through Cafe Baba instead, not sure what's happening with the hotel.
New owners?'
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

matty223 wrote: Fri 27th Sep 2019 02:37 pm
RoMoney wrote: Wed 25th Sep 2019 07:56 am New owners, Phenofinders green now available through Cafe Baba instead, not sure what's happening with the hotel.
New owners?'
Old tenants gone I believe, I think the same people own the building.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Hmmm i havent heard. Thing about they boys selling the place
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

matty223 wrote: Fri 27th Sep 2019 05:25 pm Hmmm i havent heard. Thing about they boys selling the place
That's because they can't, they're merely tenants - they don't own the building
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

matty223 wrote: Fri 27th Sep 2019 05:25 pm Hmmm i havent heard. Thing about they boys selling the place
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sat 28th Sep 2019 10:37 am That's because they can't, they're merely tenants - they don't own the building
Does the coffeeshop license belong to the tenant or the owner of the building? Would be interesting to know...
because I could also imagine that they sold the license... if you look how bad that coffeeshop was before Andy
has taken over the place... I remember a video from a german cannabis journalist in that he warned of going there
(before Andy taken over the place) because of RIP of... he said like it is the worst coffeeshop in whole Amsterdam :lol:
Andy and the crew made it to one of the best coffeeshops in town and Voyagers have now a really good name (also on the web)...

So maybe they bought the license and sell it now for a much higher price because the coffeeshop has a really good reputation now...
or the house owner wants only other tenants :?

While I was there yesterday I noticed that they have no "Tingie" or "Atlas" hash on the menu anymore... instead they had King Hassan
and two new school hashes on the menu... so I already thought that they have new owners :?

Really sad it was one of the last coffeeshops where the owners are real smokers and was also connected with a own seedbank. Hopefully they
got the chance to get a new place or work together with Baba...
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Marok21 wrote: Sat 28th Sep 2019 12:26 pm
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sat 28th Sep 2019 10:37 am That's because they can't, they're merely tenants - they don't own the building
Does the coffeeshop license belong to the tenant or the owner of the building? Would be interesting to know...
because I could also imagine that they sold the license... if you look how bad that coffeeshop was before Andy
has taken over the place... I remember a video from a german cannabis journalist in that he warned of going there
(before Andy taken over the place) because of RIP of... he said like it is the worst coffeeshop in whole Amsterdam :lol:
Andy and the crew made it to one of the best coffeeshops in town and Voyagers have now a really good name (also on the web)...

So maybe they bought the license and sell it now for a much higher price because the coffeeshop has a really good reputation now...
or the house owner wants only other tenants :?

While I was there yesterday I noticed that they have no "Tingie" or "Atlas" hash on the menu anymore... instead they had King Hassan
and two new school hashes on the menu... so I already thought that they have new owners :?

Really sad it was one of the last coffeeshops where the owners are real smokers and was also connected with a own seedbank. Hopefully they
got the chance to get a new place or work together with Baba...
The word on the street is that the license wasn't directly in their name because for certain reasons one or both of them were ineligible for it. So that license will stay behind, and as far as I know, licenses are bound to the address they're registered to.

From what I gather they've either partially or fully bought out Baba CS and will I think use the old license from Homegrown Fantasy to reopen that location as their own.
Smokeybee21

Post by Smokeybee21 »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sat 28th Sep 2019 12:40 pm The word on the street is that the license wasn't directly in their name because for certain reasons one or both of them were ineligible for it. So that license will stay behind, and as far as I know, licenses are bound to the address they're registered to.

From what I gather they've either partially or fully bought out Baba CS and will I think use the old license from Homegrown Fantasy to reopen that location as their own.
Interesting, is this the Phenofinders lounge I've heard talk of? Any ideas when this may open? Cheers bud!
Next trip: September 2023 with the missus.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: The word on the street is that the license wasn't directly in their name because for certain reasons one or both of them were ineligible for it. So that license will stay behind, and as far as I know, licenses are bound to the address they're registered to.

That the coffeeshops licenses are bound to the address they're registered to makes sense... all "new" coffeeshops I know were opened in places where previously coffee shops were (like Plug/Utopia, Boerejongens Centre/Stix, Baba/De Barentsz and so on).
Smokeybee21 wrote: Sat 28th Sep 2019 01:30 pm Interesting, is this the Phenofinders lounge I've heard talk of? Any ideas when this may open? Cheers bud!
Sounds interesting. I have not heard of it yet...

Would be great when they could reopen :mrgreen: fingers crossed
Smokeybee21

Post by Smokeybee21 »

Marok21 wrote: Sat 28th Sep 2019 04:09 pm That the coffeeshops licenses are bound to the address they're registered to makes sense... all "new" coffeeshops I know were opened in places where previously coffee shops were (like Plug/Utopia, Boerejongens Centre/Stix, Baba/De Barentsz and so on.)
Add to that list Old Church reopening in a long-abandoned Rokerij location and I think you may be right sir.
Marok21 wrote: Sat 28th Sep 2019 04:09 pm
Smokeybee21 wrote: Sat 28th Sep 2019 01:30 pm Interesting, is this the Phenofinders lounge I've heard talk of? Any ideas when this may open? Cheers bud!

Saw a logo for the lounge on Danny of Voyagers' Instagram story, have also seen it mentioned in the various Amsterdam Facebook groups. Would be incredible if they took over the old Homegrown Fantasy, thought that was a burger joint now.
Next trip: September 2023 with the missus.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Marok21 wrote: Sat 28th Sep 2019 04:09 pm
DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: The word on the street is that the license wasn't directly in their name because for certain reasons one or both of them were ineligible for it. So that license will stay behind, and as far as I know, licenses are bound to the address they're registered to.

That the coffeeshops licenses are bound to the address they're registered to makes sense... all "new" coffeeshops I know were opened in places where previously coffee shops were (like Plug/Utopia, Boerejongens Centre/Stix, Baba/De Barentsz and so on).

Not sure if it will be able to open in the old Homegrown Fantasy shop as I am sure that this had to shut up shop because of being to close to a school and falling prey to this law that was bought in. Would be great if that was to re-open under a new name, that was an epic shop, In a great location.

Fingers crossed on this
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

Smokeybee21 wrote: Sat 28th Sep 2019 04:20 pm
Saw a logo for the lounge on Danny of Voyagers' Instagram story, have also seen it mentioned in the various Amsterdam Facebook groups. Would be incredible if they took over the old Homegrown Fantasy, thought that was a burger joint now.
Ghost wrote: Sat 28th Sep 2019 08:21 pm Not sure if it will be able to open in the old Homegrown Fantasy shop as I am sure that this had to shut up shop because of being to close to a school and falling prey to this law that was bought in. Would be great if that was to re-open under a new name, that was an epic shop, In a great location.

Fingers crossed on this
+1 :mrgreen: and as far as I know the school has moved to another location... so that wouldn´t be the problem
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

The school is no longer a problem for hgf however the problem has already been mentioned. I walked past a couple of days ago, it’s a fairly busy burger restaurant.

Things do change tho and it will be interesting to see, is the licence for hgf even still active? It closed quite a while ago now.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

It was the best cheese ever ..i remember one day 20 years ago me and Mrs getting a bag of power plant and absolutely falling out the door laughing at one and other it was one of the great coffeyshops