Wild Magic Mushrooms

RoMoney

Wild Magic Mushrooms

Post by RoMoney »

Does anyone go hunting? I've been out recently as it's the season here. Got some Liberty Caps (psilocybe semilanceata). There are other varieties here too, but I've not come across them, everyone mainly hunts Liberty Caps.

https://i.ibb.co/RDTCkgR/PS.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/bbL2261/PS1.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/grFnvKN/PS2.jpg

Interested to know if anyone else does and what sorta varieties they encounter.

Bring back Imelda Marcos!
Nuggz

Re: Wild Magic Mushrooms

Post by Nuggz »

Never did it personally (at least with any success), but in Southeastern US - the psychonaut forager's rite of passage involves (often illegally at risk of catching shotgun shells) trespassing onto vast cow pastures and searching the "cow patties" for massive fruiting bodies of Psilocybin Cubensis.
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

Yeah, we used to go hunting back in the day... Usually early October, but i've been seeing Liberty Caps all over the local golf course for about a month now... Been a while since i partook, since shooms tend not to treat me very well... Much prefer acid! :wtf:

...Incidentally, i did come across a huge patch of Fly Agaric recently...

...Anyone ever tried it? ...Not sure i fancy raping and pillaging in Manchester... They might mistake me for a Tory!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

DeLekkersteNUGS16 wrote: Sat 28th Sep 2019 10:28 am Never did it personally (at least with any success), but in Southeastern US - the psychonaut forager's rite of passage involves (often illegally at risk of catching shotgun shells) trespassing onto vast cow pastures and searching the "cow patties" for massive fruiting bodies of Psilocybin Cubensis.

Thankfully on the Little Green Island shooting people who are wandering around your fields is not socially acceptable :lol:

KeyMonCha wrote: Sat 28th Sep 2019 02:21 pm Yeah, we used to go hunting back in the day... Usually early October, but i've been seeing Liberty Caps all over the local golf course for about a month now... Been a while since i partook, since shooms tend not to treat me very well... Much prefer acid! :wtf:

...Incidentally, i did come across a huge patch of Fly Agaric recently...

...Anyone ever tried it? ...Not sure i fancy raping and pillaging in Manchester... They might mistake me for a Tory!

Lovely pic! I've seen these too, but you shouldn't eat them. There is a process I've seen outlined on the Shroomery forums to extract the muscimol but taking them in the normal form is not a pleasant experience or that seems to be the general consensus based on any accounts I've read.
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

RoMoney wrote: Sun 29th Sep 2019 08:36 am Lovely pic! I've seen these too, but you shouldn't eat them. There is a process I've seen outlined on the Shroomery forums to extract the muscimol but taking them in the normal form is not a pleasant experience or that seems to be the general consensus based on any accounts I've read.
Yeah, i read some differing accounts a few years back... I remember a teacher telling us about the Vikings, and then showing us these mushrooms and explaining how some Vikings would use them like a magic potion... Shit, literally the worst thing you could tell a group of 10 year olds who watch Asterix & Popeye!!!

Weirdly, they used to sell Fly Agaric, dried, in Dr Hermans Manchester shop around 2003... £16 if i remember correctly... Never seen it since....

Anyway;

RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Wonderful pics KMC!!

Do they still sell Mushies in the UK? They used to sell them here (vac packed when fresh) until 2006.....then a guy drank a bottle of vodka, took some mushrooms and threw himself off a building, so we banned mushrooms. Needless to say Vodka is still widely available and wreaking havoc on sections of society on a daily basis.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/harney- ... -1.1009089
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

RoMoney wrote: Mon 30th Sep 2019 01:50 pm Wonderful pics KMC!!

Do they still sell Mushies in the UK? They used to sell them here (vac packed when fresh) until 2006.....then a guy drank a bottle of vodka, took some mushrooms and threw himself off a building, so we banned mushrooms. Needless to say Vodka is still widely available and wreaking havoc on sections of society on a daily basis.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/harney- ... -1.1009089
Thanks man!! :D

Nah, you can't buy shrooms here anymore, or truffles as far as i'm aware... The thing about Fly Agaric, though, is that it isn't in the same category as the psilocybes, so it isn't illegal to possess or prepare in the UK, and also may be sold in the UK, as long as it isn't 'for human consumption'!!! :lol:

Kinda funny reading about peoples experiences on them... They don't seem too bad, so long as they're properly moderated...

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showfl ... er/6030411

...Guy here pisses the bed, and they do get into a rather intriguing bit of banter as to whether you can smoke the stuff, too!! :lol:
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

KeyMonCha wrote: Mon 30th Sep 2019 03:24 pm Nah, you can't buy shrooms here anymore, or truffles as far as i'm aware... The thing about Fly Agaric, though, is that it isn't in the same category as the psilocybes, so it isn't illegal to possess or prepare in the UK, and also may be sold in the UK, as long as it isn't 'for human consumption'!!! :lol:

Kinda funny reading about peoples experiences on them... They don't seem too bad, so long as they're properly moderated...
The Fly Agaric falls into the same category here too, so technically its not illegal. They do say it won't kill you, but I'd prefer the Liberty Caps full of wonderful Psilocybin.

There's lots of theories out there about the Fly Agaric which are quite interesting. I think it found its place in lore far easier due to it's colour scheme. The Santa/Mushrooms connection is one of my favourites.........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz6Z3wMFAX8
kalima

Post by kalima »

I remember hearing that the vikings would collect reindeer piss, after they had eaten the mushrooms and consume that, as it was supposed to get you high without all the poisons, whether this is true ia anyones guess :). had it one time but to be honest I had had so much other things it was hard to tell if it worked :mrgreen: .
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

kalima wrote: Thu 3rd Oct 2019 12:13 pm I remember hearing that the vikings would collect reindeer piss, after they had eaten the mushrooms and consume that, as it was supposed to get you high without all the poisons, whether this is true ia anyones guess :). had it one time but to be honest I had had so much other things it was hard to tell if it worked :mrgreen: .
The piece about it having the toxins removed in urine is true. I've heard two variations of that as well a) Siberian Shamans used to eat the Mushroom and their followers would drink their urine and b) that Siberian Shamans used to drink Reindeer urine. Who knows :lol: I'll stick with the Liberty Caps :mrgreen:
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Brought back an old memory of watching euro news late at night and being very confused by their no comment section....

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesig ... oller-soma

...Turns out you could pay €1000 to drink reindeer piss in art gallery that could contain flyer agaric......

"Höller hasn't tried the urine, but he has tried the mushrooms. "They're very unpleasant," he says, speaking from his home in Stockholm. "And you throw up. The first four times I tried it, I became comatose. Then you wake up, throw up, and you don't know where you are, or how long you've been asleep. The sixth time, I started to chant like a Tibetan monk."

.... Eating them doesn't sound worth it either
Also known as Smouldering_Shamrock on intsa ;-)
kalima

Post by kalima »

RoMoney wrote: Tue 8th Oct 2019 08:17 pm
kalima wrote: Thu 3rd Oct 2019 12:13 pm I remember hearing that the vikings would collect reindeer piss, after they had eaten the mushrooms and consume that, as it was supposed to get you high without all the poisons, whether this is true ia anyones guess :). had it one time but to be honest I had had so much other things it was hard to tell if it worked :mrgreen: .
The piece about it having the toxins removed in urine is true. I've heard two variations of that as well a) Siberian Shamans used to eat the Mushroom and their followers would drink their urine and b) that Siberian Shamans used to drink Reindeer urine. Who knows :lol: I'll stick with the Liberty Caps :mrgreen:
same :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 07:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 07:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingbee

Post by kingbee »

Last edited by kingbee on Fri 3rd Jan 2020 07:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.