de Kade

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like coffeeshop de Kade

I like de Kade
91%
I don't like de kade
9%

Total votes: 11

RoMoney

Re: de Kade

Post by RoMoney »

Bring back Imelda Marcos!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Holy Grail is still lovely here @ 12/g

Couldn't stay for the smoke as they were renovating the place, but looking like it will be very slick when finished.
Bring back Imelda Marcos!
kalima

Post by kalima »

RoMoney wrote: Fri 28th Dec 2018 09:47 am Holy Grail is still lovely here @ 12/g

Couldn't stay for the smoke as they were renovating the place, but looking like it will be very slick when finished.
I had some of these in UK, super lovely trippy smoke I thought ;)
smokini

Post by smokini »

I was there a year ago and bought some of their "Stinky Biker" or something like that. It was a very good smoke. What stayed in my mind particularly was that the budtender was extraordinaly friendly, despite the shop being more of a local one. We just did a B&F and the budtender really encarouged me to sit down and chill in the shop although the smoking are is not that huge and already was quite packed. That never happened to me before in a coffeeshop :D

Also their prices are among the best of the cities coffeeshops. When it comes to strains they have a pretty unique selection with strains i not see often in other shops. Theyre selling a 1 year cured haze, which is pretty nice. And they have an active instagram page where they post their strains.

They also do nice deals sometimes. During last christmas every customer got a free gram of weed with each purchase.

To me De Kade is truly a hidden gem in Amsterdam definitely worthwile the loung journey. DNA is right across the corner, so you can check them out too.

Wow, after reading my post again it sounds as if i got paid by De Kade to write this :D But it really was a nice experience and i think the shops deservers more attention.
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Agree. De kade is a diamond. Real friendly even though I was just b&f. Quality bud too. The s5 I had from there was prob the stand out sativa of my trip bout a year ago
Monkey

Post by Monkey »

Visited last December and found that De Kade has had a refurbishment. The budtender area is really bright and plush now and the chill area is open and airy. Its got more of a high class cafe feel now. Can't remember what goods I bought but remember being pleased. Plus there was a cat wondering around messing with the baked stoners which is always entertaining. Definitely making this a staple in my next visits.
acceptbalance

Post by acceptbalance »

...so i didn't see a cat. was i supposed to? i do agree, the budtender approach was good-hearted which allowed for the ritual transfer of goods to feel seemless. i haven't had the pleasure to smoke so to be continued.
kalima

Post by kalima »

I have been meaning to write up about our trip to De kade, since September but just never got round to it.
RoMoney
has mentioned it a few times, and so I wanted to check it out. cheers mate, very good recommendation :mrgreen: :mrgreen: We popped in after going to DNA, it was first thing, so pretty quiet, we went for some bruce banner, which was a good enough smoke, but as we had just smoked the Mexican glue haze in DNA, it was hard to be sure how good this was, as that was blinding and I was lovely and high, but from memory it was well cured and a nice hit . this has to be one of the friendliest coffeeshops I have been too, as well as being lovely inside and with a super friendly cat, who seems to say hello to everyone who came out back. in fact we liked it so much here, we walked back out here and got the train back to the airport, it was much busier in the evening, all locals but still super friendly, smoked some fire go I think , again nice enough and the prices were reasonable but Amsterdam standards .
I will be popping back, especially as it is only one stop from the airport.
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Seen a couple of cryptic posts in ig, have they been taken over? Anyone have any news?
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

HitTheNorth wrote: Sun 16th Feb 2020 01:07 pm Seen a couple of cryptic posts in ig, have they been taken over? Anyone have any news?
Yeah I saw the same posts, not sure any one know any more?
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Ghost wrote: Sun 16th Feb 2020 02:35 pm
HitTheNorth wrote: Sun 16th Feb 2020 01:07 pm Seen a couple of cryptic posts in ig, have they been taken over? Anyone have any news?
Asked same question in facebook, someone said they heard of a takeover a couple months ago. Bit gutted as I arrive tomorrowand I purposely chose my accomadation to be near DK, guess I'll find out soon enough
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

HitTheNorth wrote: Sun 16th Feb 2020 03:05 pm
Asked same question in facebook, someone said they heard of a takeover a couple months ago. Bit gutted as I arrive tomorrowand I purposely chose my accomadation to be near DK, guess I'll find out soon enough
That would make sense, hope it works out for you ok man :thumbup: you have DNA just a stroll away, so you will be ok :D Can you give us all the heads up on the score down there for 420 coming up please man :D :mrgreen:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Ghost wrote: Sun 16th Feb 2020 03:23 pm
HitTheNorth wrote: Sun 16th Feb 2020 03:05 pm

That would make sense, hope it works out for you ok man :thumbup: you have DNA just a stroll away, so you will be ok :D Can you give us all the heads up on the score down there for 420 coming up please man :D :mrgreen:
Cheers Ghost, I'll report back tomorrow or Tues. Sure I'll be alright, I think there's one or two other shops around 😃 and yeah dna is decent too
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

De Kade still rules! The new look is really classy with plenty of space in the back. Not sure on the take over as they had a couple of workmen in and the screen was down. The staff were trying to sort it out so I didn't think it was the best time to start quizzing 😄 Think it was the same guy who served me last time, tall bloke, youngish. I picked up some Nicole Kush hash, Rolex OG and Johnny Blaze. My mate, who's not a big smoker, was well pleased with his ssh at €9. Johnny Blaze my puck if the bunch, lovely flavour. Gave me free packet of skins and a pack of roach too. Top shop!
FlyByNite

Post by FlyByNite »

New menu for de Kade dated June 2, 2022. Thanks to JM.

http://www.coffeeshopmenus.org/deKade/Menus/deKade.html

Enjoy
FlyByNite