dartboard

Moderators: Balou, cantona7

SoulJa

dartboard

Post by SoulJa »

Hey folks, I hope you're doing well!

Suddenly I realized, that I want to buy darts. When I was a kid we had one in my parent's house. It was utterly ancient, but it was quite good anyway. What do you think about darts nowadays? Are there any good options to purchase? I'd like to find something, not just a marked up circle, thanks.

FlyByNite

Re: dartboard

Post by FlyByNite »

A standard board is 18 inches in diameter. Amazon and eBay both have them for anywhere from $25 to a couple hundred dollars.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Kingbee is the man to ask he will be happy to help you with such a subject
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
SoulJa

Post by SoulJa »

FlyByNite wrote: Sun 22nd Dec 2019 08:23 am A standard board is 18 inches in diameter. Amazon and eBay both have them for anywhere from $25 to a couple hundred dollars.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
As I said before, we had a usual dartboard. So I want to try a modern one. Once I saw an electrical dartboard in a pub, and I'd never known that they existed.
What do you think about electrical dartboards? Worth it or not?
I've never had electrical dartboards, so I'd like to try them.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: good man shaggy
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Why have you signed up to a coffeeshop forum specifically to ask for dartboard advice?

Surely there’s a darts forum somewhere?

*edit*

Actually I don’t care, welcome to the forum 😂

Any trips to Barcelona planned soon?
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

SoulJa wrote: Sun 22nd Dec 2019 06:48 am Hey folks, I hope you're doing well!

Suddenly I realized, that I want to buy darts. When I was a kid we had one in my parent's house. It was utterly ancient, but it was quite good anyway. What do you think about darts nowadays? Are there any good options to purchase? I'd like to find something, not just a marked up circle, thanks.
Darts are great to have in the house. Buddies hanging out, drinking beer and smoking bong hits. Playing 501, cricket, or around the horn...good times. :mrgreen:
Dart boards are still cheap, like FBN said, but dam, darts can get expensive. Go to a dart store and throw a few different darts shapes and weight sizes and see what feels right for you. Pay a few bucks for a decent set. Don't buy something cheap, unless you want your friends to use them. :lol:
Played in a league a few years back. Very competitive. Definitely no drinking (at least for me) until after we won or lost.
Still throw at the wall now and again when friends come over.
Enjoy. :thumbup:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

only recently played it for the first time. fun game. i have watched it on TV in the UK. seems to be a spectaror sport there..real big deal. shown on espn/sky sports etc.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Yeah still got a dart board up in my house and when we have a meet up for a session weekly we have a few games of 501 while hitting the dab rig and then it becomes a whole new game :lol: Like AZ said its a big spectator sport and is getting bigger yearly what with the PDC on Sky and the amount of money that is involved in the game nowadays.
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
FODSmith

Post by FODSmith »

I suppose it's all good that this has led to a lively discussion, but the OP is a spammer, folks. He's made the same post on numerous forums, most of which at least seem to have more to do with darts than this one has: https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... CAo&uact=5
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

I did say it was odd
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

FODSmith wrote: Tue 14th Jan 2020 12:04 pm I suppose it's all good that this has led to a lively discussion, but the OP is a spammer, folks. He's made the same post on numerous forums, most of which at least seem to have more to do with darts than this one has: https://www.google.com/search?client=fi ... CAo&uact=5
DjShaggy wrote: Tue 14th Jan 2020 12:51 pm I did say it was odd
At least it perked up a few people that are interested in the game. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

:lol: :lol: :lol: This thread is funny AF! :lol: :lol: :lol:
AzLaker wrote: Tue 14th Jan 2020 02:19 pm
FODSmith wrote: Tue 14th Jan 2020 12:04 pm I suppose it's all good that this has led to a lively discussion, but the OP is a spammer, folks.
At least it perked up a few people that are interested in the game. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
Feeling like there's a good idea in here... Maybe bots could serve a positive purpose in keeping forums / boards alive and spurring some nice conversation. Say one of these "PosiBots" were programmed to randomly hijack registered and active users' accounts to make a posts in relevant sub-forums that have gone a bit inactive. That could spark some fun convo... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Maybe I'll find a bar that has some old fashion dart boards when I'm in Amsterdam this 420. It shouldn't be to hard. :D

AzLaker
8)