Popeye

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Do you like Popeye

I like Popeye
80%
I don't like Popeye
20%

Total votes: 124

FODSmith

Re: Popeye

Post by FODSmith »

Call me cynical, but I can't believe there's smokeworthy allegedly Indian hash at that price in the Dam. Particularly from Popeye.

CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

FODSmith wrote: Fri 17th Jan 2020 07:14 pm Call me cynical, but I can't believe there's smokeworthy allegedly Indian hash at that price in the Dam. Particularly from Popeye.
:lol: Agreed! Was looking and that too and think tire-rubber mixed with goat poo or something, it 'aint indian hash worth smoking that's for sure! :lol:
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
kalima

Post by kalima »

FODSmith wrote: Fri 17th Jan 2020 07:14 pm Call me cynical, but I can't believe there's smokeworthy allegedly Indian hash at that price in the Dam. Particularly from Popeye.
well it was legendary Bombay black , for all the wrong reasons and added extras :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ... bit like soap bar in uk
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

I found a current menu from them on the web and I just could not trust my eyes :lol:

In the past they sold one of their "top" moroccan hashes called "Alladins Chocolate" for 18€/g. Now because there are nearly no tourists they sell it for 10€/g. 8€ cheaper then before! unbeliveable :lol: Also the other hashes on the menu are around 3-4€ cheaper a gram. In terms of weed the stuff that was very high priced is still priced the same but they have some other items on the menu that sounds pretty "cheap". Like "4G" and "Lavender OG" for 10€/g...

But damn still can´t belive that it 8€/g cheaper :shock: :lol: there you can see what kind of profit margin they had with it :shock: well the question is if it´s the same batch but I could imagine that it is like that :? :lol:
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Bagherra selling 10 g of king Hassan for 25 euro last night ..no first hand experience but people on fb were raving about it..very cheap imo
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Marok21 wrote: Sun 26th Apr 2020 07:14 pm I found a current menu from them on the web and I just could not trust my eyes :lol:

In the past they sold one of their "top" moroccan hashes called "Alladins Chocolate" for 18€/g. Now because there are nearly no tourists they sell it for 10€/g. 8€ cheaper then before! unbeliveable :lol: Also the other hashes on the menu are around 3-4€ cheaper a gram. In terms of weed the stuff that was very high priced is still priced the same but they have some other items on the menu that sounds pretty "cheap". Like "4G" and "Lavender OG" for 10€/g...

But damn still can´t belive that it 8€/g cheaper :shock: :lol: there you can see what kind of profit margin they had with it :shock: well the question is if it´s the same batch but I could imagine that it is like that :? :lol:

Just Wow! Can't say it's a shop I've ever frequented so am not sure on comparable prices but to think they can drop prices like that and still make a profit... As I say, wow! I'm in the wrong business 😂
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

I get slabs of great quality moroccan for £200, that’s slightly over £2 per gram (they tend to be 98g blocks) the same stuff would easily sell in coffeeshops for 12-14, the markup on hash is ridiculous!
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
CruMember

Post by CruMember »

...perhabs they also have to get rid of stock (due to less business unexpectedly) before the stuff gets too old and unfresh?

However, stay smooth and healthy everybody everywhere! Happy Springtime! :thumbup:
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Yeah when you can’t make a 20x profit a 10x profit will do.
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

HitTheNorth wrote: Mon 27th Apr 2020 08:48 am Just Wow! Can't say it's a shop I've ever frequented so am not sure on comparable prices but to think they can drop prices like that and still make a profit... As I say, wow! I'm in the wrong business
Yeah :lol: that kind of pricing policy is in nearly all places with many tourists :? and now in the coffeeshops without the tourists it becomes visible how much extra money they make of the tourists with weed/hash :roll: while I also saw other examples like Amsterdam Coffeeshop/Tweede Kamer. They still have the same prices and their "King Hassan" became even 50 cents more expensive ( now 6,50€/g) than before... I would also be interested in what they do with the prices when the tourists come back
DjShaggy wrote: Mon 27th Apr 2020 06:32 pm I get slabs of great quality moroccan for £200, that’s slightly over £2 per gram (they tend to be 98g blocks) the same stuff would easily sell in coffeeshops for 12-14, the markup on hash is ridiculous!
Yeah they make a lot of profit with hash :shock: £2 per gram sounds damn nice :mrgreen: here were I live it´s pretty hard to find moroccan hash that is worth to smoke :lol: ok it´s also pretty cheap but really bad quality or often it seems a bit strange to me and so I didn´t want to smoke it... :lol: well I already had good things from here but mostly homemade stuff like "Skuff" or selfmade hash which wasn´t really expensive, too. I would love to get some good quality moroccan hash for that prices over here :mrgreen: is it "classic" moroccan? or made of "new" genetics?
CruMember wrote: Fri 1st May 2020 08:49 am ...perhabs they also have to get rid of stock (due to less business unexpectedly) before the stuff gets too old and unfresh?
I agree :D I would like to know what for example the "Amsterdam Genetics" chain do now. I mean they supply so many coffeeshops and they always expected a high demand... well there may be other sales channels :roll: :lol:
Tokeing tom wrote: Mon 27th Apr 2020 12:36 am Bagherra selling 10 g of king Hassan for 25 euro last night ..no first hand experience but people on fb were raving about it..very cheap imo
That sounds really cheap! Saw something about that on their Instagram... there it said something like "cheap hash for cakes"... sounds good :mrgreen:
Skull_Kid1888

Post by Skull_Kid1888 »

To me "Alladin's chocolate" sounds both vaguely racist and quite scatty, but I have no idea why!
It's all about THC for me.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Marok21 wrote: Sat 2nd May 2020 01:40 pm
It’s just a classic Moroccan, it’s not what you would call 10/10 but it is certainly smokable and will keep anyone on this forum happy I’m certain. I only get it at price when my connect buys a bundle and I take a full bar at the time but it shows what a profit there is
Marok21

Post by Marok21 »

DjShaggy wrote: Sun 3rd May 2020 07:27 pm It’s just a classic Moroccan, it’s not what you would call 10/10 but it is certainly smokable and will keep anyone on this forum happy I’m certain. I only get it at price when my connect buys a bundle and I take a full bar at the time but it shows what a profit there is
Sounds nice :D that would keep me happy, too for sure :mrgreen: I dont need a 10/10 every day :lol:

Alladins Chocolate (10€/g) - That it´s 8€ cheaper now made me curious so I decided to try it. Completely different to the last batch of it that I tried some years ago... well if I remeber right I got it 2 or 3 times before and it was always a complete different batch :lol:
Pretty dark brown more classic moroccan hash. The hash isn´t really soft as the owner already told me before but when holding in the hand it gets soft very fast. Smell is also not really strong but natural to my nose. Bubbles good when touched by the flame. Effect was a pretty relaxing stoned to me which I like a lot especially after a stressfull day at work...

Overall nothing special but good quality darker moroccan hash. It gaves me the right effect that I was looking for. 10€/g is a "ok" price while 18€/g would be real overpriced :lol:

By the way they have a lot of interesting 5g deals on their menu like "Alladins Chocolate" hash (5g/40€), Amnesia Haze (5g/30€), OG Kush (5g/50€), Lavender OG (5g/40€).
AudioKush

Post by AudioKush »

AudioKush

Post by AudioKush »

Last month we began testing the potency of cannabis flowers from various Amsterdam Coffeeshops. We stopped at Coffeeshop Popeye to analyze cannabis potency of strains off their menu with Purpl Pro by Purpl Scientific. This device allows you to instantly read THC & CBD levels of cannabis flowers.

We tested potency of 3 strains from the Coffeeshop Popeye menu: Headband, Super Silver Haze, & Amnesia Haze.

Headband: 24%

Empty that jar on your top shelf and make way for Headband. This cultivar is a fusion of two of the most sought out strains over the past 2 decades, OG Kush & Sour Diesel. Headband is one of the gassiest flavors on the market today. This Headband from Coffeeshop Bushdocter is a prime example of why this strain remains a favorite among many cannabis connoisseurs. Testing at 24% THC, this balanced hybrid strain is perfect for both Sativa and Indica lovers.

Testing at 24% THC, the hybrid strain Headband is perfect for both Sativa and Indica lovers.

Super Silver Haze: 26%

The strongest strain we tested at Coffeeshop Popeye was Super Silver Haze. The buds were very well cured, full of aroma, and potent! The dense Super Silver Haze nuggets were dry, however contained enough moisture so the flowers don’t crumble when touched. Super Silver Haze’s potency tested at 26%.

The strongest strain we tested at Coffeeshop Popeye was Super Silver Haze. Super Silver Haze's potency tested at 26%.

Amnesia Haze: 23%

One strain you will see across Amsterdam in basically every coffeeshop is Amnesia Haze.
One strain you will see across Amsterdam in basically every coffeeshop is Amnesia Haze. This strain is typically always packed with resinous trichomes. The strain is typically between €9-€10 per gram across Amsterdam, but has been seen even higher. During the spring, Coffeeshop Popeye ran an amazing sale that offered 5 grams of Amensia Haze for only €30, making this the best priced Amnesia Haze in Amsterdam! One may think that this price would render poor quality buds, however, the Amnesia nugs tested at 23% THC! If you are math minded like me, that means that you would yield at least a gram of flower rosin for €30 if you squished 5 grams of Amnesia Haze from Coffeeshop Popeye during their spring sale!

Curious what is on the menu? Why not view a recent Popeye menu?
http://audiokushhq.com/menu-popeye-amst ... june-2020/

Check out our potency test analysis from Coffeeshop Bushdocter.
http://audiokushhq.com/purpl-pro-potenc ... ushdocter/