The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2020

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
AzLaker

Re: The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2020

Post by AzLaker »

MPlant wrote: Sun 15th Mar 2020 06:03 pm You know, that attitude is a huge part of the problem. What you are basically saying is, I'll be okay...fuck the old and the vulnerable and all those to whom this virus poses a significant risk. I'll be okay so fuck everybody else.
:wtf: Did you just read one line of my post!!! :roll: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, f*uck the old and vulnerable. Let me see whom I can get sick or see if I can catch it from someone else. What rock did you crawl out from. :shock: In any epidemic or pandemic, the young the old and poor are always the ones that get screwed. Their immune system is low or weak and unfortunately for them, the mortality rate will be much higher. I don't like it either. :(

Look this is what I'm saying, my friend is a microbiologist and he's telling me the same thing, the risk of death is very, very low. Yes, you're might get sick, but your not going to DIE, but the people I mentioned above and people that have underlining health issues will have a higher risk. Use common sense. Just like media is telling everyone, wash your hands with soap and water as often as possible, use hand sanitizer, keep your hands from touching any part of your face and do your BEST to stay away from people that seem sick. If your sick, or feel sick, stay home....period.

I'm cautious but not paranoid like some people. If the government and the airlines says it's okay to fly to Amsterdam, and I'm HEALTHY enough to go, I'm going, plain and simple. I'm not going to get someone sick or get sick, I'm going to enjoy time with my ACD friends and celebrate 420. :mrgreen:
I'll be as safe as possible, but I'm NOT going to live under a rock all my life.

I guess I won't see you there! :lol: But if you do show up, we can have a nice discussion over it with individual joints. :wave:

AzLaker
8)
Last edited by AzLaker on Sun 15th Mar 2020 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you never do, you'll never know.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Was booked to fly out for 420 but Flybe went bust and stole my holiday 😂, not rebooked a flight yet but looks like might hold off, see what fuckery this virus is gonna cause.

Be well people 💚
Trad

Post by Trad »

I have just read that the coffeeshops are all closed as of tomorrow morning. It was posted by Larby on FB. No comment on the length of the closure.
Very bad .
If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one.
JMH
MPlant

Post by MPlant »

AzLaker wrote: Sun 15th Mar 2020 07:16 pm
MPlant wrote: Sun 15th Mar 2020 06:03 pm You know, that attitude is a huge part of the problem. What you are basically saying is, I'll be okay...fuck the old and the vulnerable and all those to whom this virus poses a significant risk. I'll be okay so fuck everybody else.
:wtf: Did you just read one line of my post!!! :roll: Yeah, that's what I'm saying, f*uck the old and vulnerable. Let me see whom I can get sick or see if I can catch it from someone else. What rock did you crawl out from. :shock:

AzLaker
8)
No, I read the whole thing. I was paraphrasing. It was the same crap that I read all over social media: about how this is just a flu; how it's not going to stop YOU doing anything; how YOU will be okay; how YOUR chances of dying are very low; how the flu kills far more people. Just the same crap that I see written all over the place by people that obviously have no clue of the potential of this virus. It looks like you only read one line of my post, though, because you missed the point of most of it.

Also, I'm not sure where you're getting your figures from regarding the number of deaths caused by flu in the U.S.A., but you're way off for most years. Still, it's best not to let facts cloud your judgement or get in the way when you are trying to make a point; it's much better to rely on instinct and blind prejudice.

We could discuss the rate of change of the figures coming in, and why that means that you will be going nowhere in 4 weeks time, but seeing as you seem unable to differentiate between your, the pronoun, and you're, the contraction of you are, I believe that would be the very definition of a futile discussion.

So, I will just go and crawl back under my rock...nice and safe from the virus. :D

Good luck during this outbreak. I hear Trump has the tests now; I hear they're beautiful.
Trad

Post by Trad »

Wind your neck in....there is no need for personal attack.
Gosh I hope I didn't miss spell anything.
JMH
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

the old and the venerable should stay home, let us young productive people who the virus won't really affect keep the world running. if we all sit home waiting for boris trump or any of the other "leaders" to save us all then the whole world will be fucked.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

MPlant wrote: Mon 16th Mar 2020 02:11 am We could discuss the rate of change of the figures coming in, and why that means that you will be going nowhere in 4 weeks time, but seeing as you seem unable to differentiate between your, the pronoun, and you're, the contraction of you are, I believe that would be the very definition of a futile discussion.

So, I will just go and crawl back under my rock...nice and safe from the virus. :D
Thanks for the English lesson, I hope that stops you from getting the virus. :lol:
Enjoy your (did I say that right professor) rock, and we'll see you again soon. :wink:

AzLaker
8)
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

:D :lol: Well we have a lock-down going on in the coffee-shops until April 6th and it may get extended even further yet, hopefully it will only be until the 6th. We have 420 week starting not long after that, i hope for all of us hoping to be in town over the 420 period that travel bans are not in place and that people are allowed to travel to their destinations whether it be Amsterdam or some where else in the world. As long as everybody takes reasonable steps to minimize the risk of catching the virus.

If there is no travel ban going on, then i am still intending to make 420 :mrgreen: as long as those Coffee-shops are back open again,or i will be trying to move my dates with the Hotel and airline etc, lets hope we can still all make it and blaze a few fatties and celebrate 420 together :D :mrgreen:

Still a few weeks to go yet, so lets keep on hoping :!:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Ghost wrote: Mon 16th Mar 2020 05:17 pm :D :lol: Well we have a lock-down going on in the coffee-shops until April 6th and it may get extended even further yet, hopefully it will only be until the 6th. We have 420 week starting not long after that, i hope for all of us hoping to be in town over the 420 period that travel bans are not in place and that people are allowed to travel to their destinations whether it be Amsterdam or some where else in the world. As long as everybody takes reasonable steps to minimize the risk of catching the virus.

If there is no travel ban going on, then i am still intending to make 420 :mrgreen: as long as those Coffee-shops are back open again,or i will be trying to move my dates with the Hotel and airline etc, lets hope we can still all make it and blaze a few fatties and celebrate 420 together :D :mrgreen:

Still a few weeks to go yet, so lets keep on hoping :!:
Love it Ghost :mrgreen: keep that positive attitude going. I'm right with you. :clap: :thumbup:

AzLaker
8)
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

History unfolds very quickly these days. The fact that we've already reached the stage of closed borders and lockdowns in mid-March means that we'll be at a much later stage by mid-April. That stage could be total collapse of civilisation or it could be that we'll have figured out some way of living with the virus.

I haven't had any notification that our flights are cancelled yet. I don't expect that the virus is suddenly going to disappear but we may have given up on lockdowns in a few weeks. If the airlines are still in business it is just possible that we might still make it.

If we can't get there in April and if we emerge from all this at some point then maybe we can organise something then. If the airlines survive then they'll be very keen to re-book us all. If we all book for the same date then we can still meet up.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

ACD 4 cosecha 2020
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Lemming wrote: Mon 16th Mar 2020 07:30 pm If we can't get there in April and if we emerge from all this at some point then maybe we can organise something then. If the airlines survive then they'll be very keen to re-book us all. If we all book for the same date then we can still meet up.
Sounds like a good idea and a plan if everything goes tits-up and there is a complete travel ban going on across the world. I will be all for re-booking the same dates as everyone else.
DjShaggy wrote: Mon 16th Mar 2020 07:40 pm ACD 4 cosecha 2020
When is the cup on buddy? i will most probably make that also this year and try and tag along with a few people i know that went last year to it, so count me in for that :mrgreen:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
kalima

Post by kalima »

DjShaggy wrote: Mon 16th Mar 2020 12:37 pm the old and the venerable should stay home, let us young productive people who the virus won't really affect keep the world running. if we all sit home waiting for boris trump or any of the other "leaders" to save us all then the whole world will be fucked.
perfectly put mate , what will kill us is the hysteria and panic
Trad

Post by Trad »

This was posted on DutchNews.nl

"Airline Air France-KLM says it will ground virtually its entire fleet for at least the next two months and passenger numbers are expected to plunge by up to 90%. The government has already pledged to do ‘all it can’ to make sure KLM stays afloat. Budget airline Easyjet, which has a major hub at Amsterdam’s Schiphol airport, is also halting flights."
Read more at DutchNews.nl

This is posted on KLM
To suppress the spread of the coronavirus, the European Union has decided to suspend all travel into the Schengen zone for non-EU citizens. This ban applies to all non-essential travel to the Schengen area. The travel restrictions do not apply to the following passengers:

EU citizens (including the UK, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, and Liechtenstein) and members of their families;
Passengers with a transfer in the Schengen zone;
Passengers with an essential job, such as people working in health care or transportation and diplomats.
For more information, please visit the IATA website

The EU is closing down bit by bit. Looking worse every day, Canada has closed our border with the USA.
I must admit that I'm starting to believe we are not going to be able to celebrate 420 in Amsterdam this year.
JMH
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I still haven't heard that our flights are cancelled so, in theory, we're still going.
In reality, of course, it's very hard to imagine that we will be there. In fact, it's impossible to imagine what life will be like by then.

It's still a month until the 20th of April. The world looked very different a month ago. Everything has changed since then. It's likely to change a lot more in the coming month. So much so that any predictions are almost certain to be wrong.

It's only 3 weeks since I first posted in this thread that there might be threat on the horizon. Who could have imagined we would be here 3 weeks later.

It's not just the virus, it's the human reaction to it that could shoot off in any direction.
I think we just have to wait and see what happens next.

Meanwhile, take care and look after each other.