Cannabis Clubs an essential service?

RoMoney

Cannabis Clubs an essential service?

Post by RoMoney »

Cannabis associations ask to be considered an essential service and its legal regularization as in other countries
The state of alarm caused by the COVID-19 pandemic prevents these entities from opening their doors, thus slowing down their activity and forcing consumers to resort to the illegal market.

Full article: https://www.vozpopuli.com/elliberal/pol ... 64875.html

Bring back Imelda Marcos!
DjShaggy

Re: Cannabis Clubs an essential service?

Post by DjShaggy »

Much like bars and restaurants I would say yes they are essential. People need these social activities to live. Isolation = depression = suicide have seen this recently myself.
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

I agree they should be an essential service, hell, it's way easier to get people to stay the fuck at home if they are stocked up on cannabis :lol:

Seems to be getting increased coverage.

Cannabis associations present Good Practice Guide for exiting lockdown. Around 10,000 destroyed jobs and thousands of therapeutic users headed to illegal markets.

https://www.tercerainformacion.es/artic ... cannabicas
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

RoMoney wrote: Fri 8th May 2020 07:07 pm I agree they should be an essential service, hell, it's way easier to get people to stay the fuck at home if they are stocked up on cannabis :lol:

Seems to be getting increased coverage.

Cannabis associations present Good Practice Guide for exiting lockdown. Around 10,000 destroyed jobs and thousands of therapeutic users headed to illegal markets.

https://www.tercerainformacion.es/artic ... cannabicas
I mean it happened here. The Dutch government's response time to the mass occurrences of "mensen aan het wiet hamsteren" was unbelievable.

Coffeeshops were announced to be closed indefinitely with less than an hours notice to do so. So stoners across the country all dropped everything they were doing and sprinted to their local and/or nearest coffeeshop to stock up. The ensuing lines out the door and around the block all over NL were noted by Dutch officials who partially repealed the closure order to allow pickups within less than 24 hours.

Was quite amazing to see the Dutch government yield so quickly in the stoners' favor...
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Interesting to see what happens here, rumours that some clubs are opening but only for buy n fly, not sure how that works under the club model where you are not meant to leave with your gear and nobody has yet to tell me the name of any of these places that are meant to be opening so I'm still sceptical.

The whole thing shows the challenge when you are operating in a legal grey area.
DjShaggy

Post by DjShaggy »

Herbalise in Tenerife opened up today at 11. Unsure of that’s for buy and fly or for members to hang. I would guess the former. Is it correct that in Spain the states are to decide what phase of lockdown they are in?
ignoring spellcheck since 1986
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

DjShaggy wrote: Mon 11th May 2020 10:34 am Herbalise in Tenerife opened up today at 11. Unsure of that’s for buy and fly or for members to hang. I would guess the former. Is it correct that in Spain the states are to decide what phase of lockdown they are in?
Central government decides but they let regions move at different paces, some island in the canaries have had no new cases for a month. It works because at the moment you're not allowed travel between the regions.
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Clubs opening again for appointments, booked into Santa Fe tomorrow for half hour slot.

Big list of rules to be observed, will report back tomorrow!
RoMoney

Post by RoMoney »

Most clubs open now no appointments..........less seating and more spaced out......been to Santa Fe, Kalada and BY, was nice to be back even if I'm spending more time blazing in parks these days with the good weather.