HitTheNorth's Not A Stag Do

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Lafe

Re: HitTheNorth's Not A Stag Do

Post by Lafe »

AzLaker wrote: Fri 5th Jun 2020 01:56 pm
HitTheNorth wrote: Fri 5th Jun 2020 09:14 am
AzLaker wrote: Thu 4th Jun 2020 01:52 pm Another fine write-up HTN, thanks. Great pics too. Stayed at Rookies a few times years ago. The staff was always top notch and their breakfast was always fresh and made to order.
Nice write up on DNA and De Kade. Was going to hit them up this past April, but will definitely look them up this October. :mrgreen:
Looking forward to Day 4

AzLaker
8)
Thanks AzLaker. Yeah, without wanting to come across as the De Kade marketing Co. It's rapidly becoming a firm favourite. Good choice, quality and price. I genuinely think if it was more central then it'd be right up there in terms of popularity. DNA is handy and they often stock some interesting strains but De Kade is the real gem of the Two.

Do Rookies still do rooms? I'd happily stay there if so.

Have a great time in Oct!
I think they turned the Hotel into a Hostel if I'm not mistaken.
Hopefully by October everything will be back to a somewhat normal state. :roll: :wink:

AzLaker
8)
Rookies has been a hostel for several years. It was my go to for many years.

"Laif" with a long "a".
Essexturk420

Post by Essexturk420 »

This is a great detailed description of what you got up to .. well done bro I'm really enjoying find out what you got too , sound like a epic time so far looking forward to finding what you got to next :mrgreen:
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Day 4

I awake and The Geordie is packing. He's off lunchtime and is going to head to Barneys before the airport. With the rest snoozing, I head off to, surprise surprise, Rookies for coffee and a joint. After that I wander back, KC and C are also on an earlier flight so we say our goodbyes, C gives me what he has left of his SSH. T and The Dwarf go for breakfast while myself, R and M walk over to Albert Cuyp. R suggests Katsu but I'm not in the mood today. We stroll up the market, R gets some food, I down a swift beer in a bar behind the stalls.

I realise we're quite close to Ibiza so we head there. Small dealers area as you walk in, lounge to the left, looks like there's plenty of space. There were 3 or 4 people at the counter but I glanced over them at the menu. Nothing shouting at me. Time for a walk.

We took a very pleasant stroll to het Ballonntje, R in particular was struck by "Mokum Love", going all gooey-eyed and going on about how he could live here. Couldn't we all brother, couldn't we all...

At the balloon a mid menu option caught my eye that I hadn't noticed the other night, Fruit Punch, about €13 iirc, wow this was nice. Amazing fruity taste like sweets which provided a nice change to both the kushes and hazes I'd been smoking. And it packed a decent punch too, really couldn't knock it. We sat upstairs for a while, had a coffee and a good old chat, what a treat it is to be here with my comrades.

Image47 by Ben Sinister, on Flickr

Image48 by Ben Sinister, on Flickr

Onwards and R has promised his lad one of those rubber duck things, I know they sell them on Damstraat so I lead the way. Duck procured and R suitably impressed by my navigational skills (easy, just head to Bluebird) we hole up in Suzies for a while. R gives me a bag of Jack Herer he's not going to manage. Another trip to Bagheera for a last couple g of 24K makes sense before we have to collect our bags.

On the way I dive in Dampkring. On Ts recommendation I bagged a g of Tha Melon which he rated as the tastiest of the trip.

We pick up our bags and head back up to Batavia, it's raining now and just after we get inside the heavens truly open. We secure a table upstairs and order food, I nip downstairs for a smoke. I wrap Tha Melon up in one, a sparkling taste of watermelons hits me, very very nice. If only it counted as one of my five a day! Taste transfer was amazing, it's been a good day for flavours. While I smoke I roll the rest of the 24K with the last of the hash, possibly Glueberry, for the airport. We watch the downpour as we eat, our flight is delayed. Thoughts of a quick trip to Central CS for a last gram are quashed, we should check in just in case.

The journey to Schipol was uneventful, a nice fat joint outside and check in. Going through security, one of the guards jokes "Did you enjoy?", and puts his fingers to his lips in a smoking gesture. "Of course" I reply and start banging on with myself like he's an old mate. "I could tell" he says, "you smell kind of strong".

The flight is delayed by a couple of hours now, for once this is pretty good news. M has lounge access in the event of a delay. After navigating the labyrinth we find the lounge and help ourselves to beers, wine and whiskey. I have a posh pot noodle. How the other half live eh.

Image49 by Ben Sinister, on Flickr

Image50 by Ben Sinister, on Flickr

At the gate we meet up with T and The Dwarf, they've had a nice day hitting the Plug, CS Amsterdam and Lost. They also got chatting to a Scots guy in Rookies, the tale he told them I won't repeat here, but it was dark. On the plane I put my headphones on and wake up in Manchester.

Image52 by Ben Sinister, on Flickr

Image53 by Ben Sinister, on Flickr

Day 4 Smoke List

1g Fruit Punch - Het Ballonetje
2g 24K Gold - Bagheera
1g Tha Melon - Dampkring
Jack Herer -?

Summary. It's been a few weeks since I wrote this and obviously life has changed. The wedding had to be postponed and we're currently in lockdown due to this bloody virus. My thoughts go out to anyone who has been affected by this. Our personal inconveniences pale into insignificance...

On a brighter note, in retrospect, I was bloody lucky to get there when I did! It was fantastic to have so many close friends there at once, although it is easier logistically with a smaller group. I was at pains to make sure everyone knew they could do their own thing and so we naturally split into groups for the most part anyway. It turned out to be a great mix of people. Some had never met before so I guess it's always a risk but everyone got on like a joint on fire. R and the Dwarf, who hadn't met before, even enjoyed a morning at the Stejdlijk together and bought me a wonderful book on one of my favourite artists, Chuck Close. They had a great time together with lots of laughs, this fills me with joy.

Since I've been coming more regularly over the last couple of years I've had very definite ideas of where I'm going, what I want to do and smoke, wanting to walk and see more. Yes, we do city centre bars and suchlike but I like getting to places I've not been before as well as revisiting old haunts. I'm constantly route planning in my head too, so for instance next time I'm going to Boerejongens West I'll go Marnixstraat, Hulp, el Marrssa etc instead of that back way with the mad dog leg and rising bridge that holds you up for ten minutes with the cs in sight 😃 Regardless how you get where you're going, there's always something cool to look at.

Highlights included; not smoking tobacco. Hash, an eye opener (or should that be an eye closer?). I felt pound for pound the hash I bought to be better value than flower, Dampkring and Solos offerings were the stand outs. More next time I think. 24K hitting the menu while I was there was serendipitous, felt a bit sorry for T whose favourite strain Ceres Hilton came back on Dampkrings menu just after we got home. Old haunts like TK, Dampkring and new haunts like de Kade and Solo giving up the good stuff. Old friends and new friends coming together.

Lowlights; Still not tried a volcano, I keep forgetting. Green Place, rude service and poor weed. The bong I'd brought with me was rubbish and made everything taste of plastic, I think it was used twice and then binned. Blisters! I wanted to visit Begijnhof too.

So a good time had by all, who knows when I'll be back?
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Another fantastic write up HTN, especially your summary. It's great to see so many people get along on your trip, since a few guys didn't know each other. Very cool.
And to buy you something that they both knew you would enjoy was icing on the cake. True friends! :clap:
The only negative of this whole trip, was that the wedding has to be put on hold. But that will soon pass and the BIG day will arrive before you know it.

Thanks again, keeps me stoked about my upcoming trip in October. :mrgreen:

Azlaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AzLaker wrote: Fri 19th Jun 2020 02:39 pm Another fantastic write up HTN, especially your summary. It's great to see so many people get along on your trip, since a few guys didn't know each other. Very cool.
And to buy you something that they both knew you would enjoy was icing on the cake. True friends! :clap:
The only negative of this whole trip, was that the wedding has to be put on hold. But that will soon pass and the BIG day will arrive before you know it.

Azlaker
8)
+1 really enjoyed reading the adventures of your group and the added photos brought the story to life for me :D , thanks very much :D. Has really got the excitement buzzing about being in the Dam in October. :mrgreen:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

AzLaker wrote: Fri 19th Jun 2020 02:39 pm Another fantastic write up HTN, especially your summary. It's great to see so many people get along on your trip, since a few guys didn't know each other. Very cool.

Thanks for your kind words. We are philosophical about it 😃 it'll happen. Yeah, everyone has stayed in touch too and there is much chatter of a round 2 either in Amsterdam or possibly BCN.
Have a fantastic time in Oct, let's hope all this bullshit is over by then
Azlaker
8)
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Ghost wrote: Sun 21st Jun 2020 01:27 pm

Azlaker
8)
+1 really enjoyed reading the adventures of your group and the added photos brought the story to life for me :D , thanks very much :D. Has really got the excitement buzzing about being in the Dam in October. :mrgreen:
Thanks Ghost. Have a tip top time in October. I can't wait to be back