Cafe Batavia 1920

Comments on specific bars. Use search to find the topic for a bar.

Rate Batavia

ImageImageImageImageImage 5/5
76%
ImageImageImageImageImage 4/5
18%
ImageImageImageImageImage 3/5
6%
ImageImageImageImageImage 2/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 1/5
No votes
ImageImageImageImageImage 0/5
No votes

Total votes: 33

Chuck5

Re: Cafe Batavia 1920

Post by Chuck5 »

Comus wrote: Mon 7th Sep 2020 10:39 am
DjShaggy wrote: Tue 14th Jan 2020 06:22 pm Like it or not (and I don’t like it) but Europeans mix tobacco with their weed...
if the yankie doodle dandies mixed tobacco with their ganja then there would be no states where ganja consumption is legal ... medically or recreationally

fuck tobacco .... it's shit pushed onto weak minded folks by multi-national multi billionaire scum suckers who don't give a fuck

but saying that, if the weak minded want to harm themselves then they should be free to do so, as long as they aren't harming those in close proximity

and before anybody starts to fell agreived by what i have posted then i'll just point out i used to be one of the weak minded too
I wonder, were you always so dripping in sanctimony or only since you stopped smoking tobacco? I will say I agree that this is a habit best left behind but there's a touch of the sophomaniac about this post.

Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

There's none so pure as the reformed whore😇
Comus

Post by Comus »

the truth ... deal with it bitches :mrgreen:
I'm in shocks and stares
talkrum

Post by talkrum »

@DC

Hello Dave - long time no post! - Back from Spain? How are you my friend?
free_phil_spector

Post by free_phil_spector »

Has this place been renovated during lockdown? Doesn't sound good... :x
It's so easy to laugh, it's so easy to hate - it takes guts to be gentle and kind...
Worsall

Post by Worsall »

It’s still the best place to chill at the weekend in Dam but the downstairs smoking room seems permanently closed. So it’s pure only in theory upstairs unless you go outside which if you like hash is a bit of a pain. Still good food and beer and in Dan terms good value
Raoul_Duke

Post by Raoul_Duke »

Just to add I was here at the start of February 2023 and downstairs was closed. Smoking area is same level as bar but via a corridor at the back.

Signs up saying only weed no tobacco but a few of us were still doing it. Just don't make it obvious/leave tobacco out etc.

Tbf the ventilation was amazing as there must have been a dozen people blazing and the room didn't feel that smokey like other places do.

Friendly staff and locals. Would definitely recommend even as a solo traveler.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Raoul_Duke wrote: Thu 16th Feb 2023 11:08 pm Just to add I was here at the start of February 2023 and downstairs was closed. Smoking area is same level as bar but via a corridor at the back.

Signs up saying only weed no tobacco but a few of us were still doing it. Just don't make it obvious/leave tobacco out etc.

Tbf the ventilation was amazing as there must have been a dozen people blazing and the room didn't feel that smokey like other places do.

Shame the downstairs is closed
macky

Post by macky »

Your right @matty ...but would be a great apartment :mrgreen:
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

matty223 wrote: Fri 17th Feb 2023 12:03 am
Raoul_Duke wrote: Thu 16th Feb 2023 11:08 pm Just to add I was here at the start of February 2023 and downstairs was closed. Smoking area is same level as bar but via a corridor at the back.

Shame the downstairs is closed
I quite liked the upstairs smoke room. You still get the same view from the windows only a little higher. Also avoids those dodgy times when you're a bit worse for wear and trying to carry a tray of drinks down the stairs.